+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing with KID in canada What about car seat?

canacrazy

Dec 22, 2013
Hi, I am going to land in Canada next month i want to know how i will transfer from airport to hotel without car seat? Do Taxi drivers provide car seat there on request ? or i have to arrange my own ? any other way please suggest ?

Thanks

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
canacrazy said:
Hi, I am going to land in Canada next month i want to know how i will transfer from airport to hotel without car seat? Do Taxi drivers provide car seat there on request ? or i have to arrange my own ? any other way please suggest ?

Thanks
Sir

Please visit this link, http://www.aeroporttaxi.com/

Drop them email , and share feedback on this forum

Stay Blessed

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make arrangement with the hotel or you can take public transport for such as sky train or buses. If child is 10 and up, they don't need a car seat.

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Don't worry about the car seat. Law doesn't require you to carry a car seat while using public transport (both in the US and Canada), be it bus or a taxi. I have lived in both countries (for more than 7 years combined) and have travelled with my son many times in public transport without carrying a car seat. Never had any issues. Not that I was taking any risk. I did my research online before I did it. You can carry your kid on your lap or make him/her sit alongside you. You can surely use the seat belt though if your kid is tall enough but if he is still short then don't worry about it. This is totally a non issue, in my personal opinion. Just relax and come with a free mind.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/faq/safety.shtml#exemptions6

Here is the snippet...

"What are the seat belt and child car seat requirements when I am a passenger in a taxi?"

Taxi drivers are exempt from the child car seat and booster seat requirements when transporting a passenger for hire.
"

Regards,

janeyandstuart

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
I took my 2 year old daughter's car seat on the plane (at no additional cost) when I flew from Australia to Canada. It provided her with a safer seat on the plane and then my husband fitted it when we got into the taxi. I personally would not be happy with my child traveling in a taxi without a car seat. Are they all of a sudden going to be safe in the event of an accident when in a taxi instead of a car? Obviously not!

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Janey, nobody is questioning whether child seats are safe or not. The OP asked whether it is "required" to carry a seat while traveling in a taxi. The answer is 'No'. I think he is mature enough to understand the consequences of not carrying a car seat. Moreover, most countries don't even have such laws to have a child seat installed in a car. If he is traveling from a country where it is not mandatory, then his question is legitimate and he may not be as concerned about a car seat as you or I may be.

Cheers!

canacrazy

Dec 22, 2013
chappan said:
Don't worry about the car seat. Law doesn't require you to carry a car seat while using public transport (both in the US and Canada), be it bus or a taxi. I have lived in both countries (for more than 7 years combined) and have travelled with my son many times in public transport without carrying a car seat. Never had any issues. Not that I was taking any risk. I did my research online before I did it. You can carry your kid on your lap or make him/her sit alongside you. You can surely use the seat belt though if your kid is tall enough but if he is still short then don't worry about it. This is totally a non issue, in my personal opinion. Just relax and come with a free mind.

Here is the snippet...

"What are the seat belt and child car seat requirements when I am a passenger in a taxi?"

Taxi drivers are exempt from the child car seat and booster seat requirements when transporting a passenger for hire.
"

Regards,
Thanks a lot for valuable information

canacrazy

Dec 22, 2013
msaeed said:
Sir

Please visit this link, aeroporttaxi. com/

Drop them email , and share feedback on this forum

Stay Blessed
They replied that car seat is not required for public transport. if i still need they can provide with extra charges of $10

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
canacrazy said:
They replied that car seat is not required for public transport. if i still need they can provide with extra charges of $10
Dear Sir

Please see reply from them , highlighted in red, I will advise you to book mini van , as it will accommodate your luggage , and will cost you Max CAD $ 100/- in Toronto

Hello,

Thank you for your enquiry! Taxi drivers are exempt from the child car seat and booster seat requirements when transporting a passenger for hire. We have car seats are available upon request, but they are only available in our mini-vans (one per van). Car seats are front facing for ages 1-4. Mini-van rate will apply (additional $ 10.00) and cannot be guaranteed unless reserved in advance.

Sincerely,

Metro-Miss 905-624-2424
East-North 416-255-2211
Toll Free 1(800) 465-3434
info@aeroporttaxi.com www.aeroporttaxi.com