AOR Received.
Med's Request
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello,

I am wondering how does the "landing" procedure work if I am already physically in canada and am not planning to leave and reenter any borders soon?

thanks

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Im not an expert, but I would think you have to leave no matter what. That's why most people go to the states. So get a visa to the states if you need one, drive down and come right back and "land".

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kushari said:
Im not an expert, but I would think you have to leave no matter what. That's why most people go to the states. So get a visa to the states if you need one, drive down and come right back and "land".
If the OP has valid status s/he can phone the call the Call Centre and make an appointment to land at an inland office.

nullall

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
THanks PMM!

I wish they made this really clear on their website!

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Can someone clarify if this is required only for the Principal Applicant in the PR or all the applicants ?

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Can someone please provide more clarity on - OP valid status and booking an appointment to land at an inland office ?
What exactly is this process ?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It just means you should have legal status i.e. work permit, study permit or visitor visa/record and bring it with you when you 'land' at the local CIC office. Do not sign the confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) document when you receive it - it has to be done in the presence of the CIC officer when you 'land'.

As for process, when you book the appointment through the call centre, you will receive an appt. letter by mail from the inland office where you will do your landing - bring this letter with you. There will be a few CIC officers with booths(for some privacy) - they call out names you go to the booth, answer a few questions and if no issues arise, they sign your COPR and you became PR.

Note that if you are visa-exempt to Canada, you have to wait for your PR card before you can apply for a new social insurance number(SIN). On the other hand, applicants who need a visa to visit Canada will have an immigrant visa stamped in their passport and can use this along with the COPR to obtain a new SIN right away.

Andy2109 said:
Can someone please provide more clarity on - OP valid status and booking an appointment to land at an inland office ?
What exactly is this process ?

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Thanks Senorita. This is something new that I learnt. :)

cec_guelph

Jun 4, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
It just means you should have legal status i.e. work permit, study permit or visitor visa/record and bring it with you when you 'land' at the local CIC office. Do not sign the confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) document when you receive it - it has to be done in the presence of the CIC officer when you 'land'.

As for process, when you book the appointment through the call centre, you will receive an appt. letter by mail from the inland office where you will do your landing - bring this letter with you. There will be a few CIC officers with booths(for some privacy) - they call out names you go to the booth, answer a few questions and if no issues arise, they sign your COPR and you became PR.

Note that if you are visa-exempt to Canada, you have to wait for your PR card before you can apply for a new social insurance number(SIN). On the other hand, applicants who need a visa to visit Canada will have an immigrant visa stamped in their passport and can use this along with the COPR to obtain a new SIN right away.
The last bit of your post is incorrect. As per the Service Canada website on obtaining a SIN number:

"Permanent residents

You must submit one of the following primary documents:

Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This is the only acceptable document if your claim was processed in Canada.

Confirmation of Permanent Residence AND visa counterfoil affixed to a foreign passport or a travel document

Confirmation of Permanent Residence AND foreign passport for visa exempt countries"

servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Perhaps, that's the new rule. Back when I did my landing, that's not what the officer said.

cec_guelph said:
The last bit of your post is incorrect. As per the Service Canada website on obtaining a SIN number:

"Permanent residents

You must submit one of the following primary documents:

Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This is the only acceptable document if your claim was processed in Canada.

Confirmation of Permanent Residence AND visa counterfoil affixed to a foreign passport or a travel document

Confirmation of Permanent Residence AND foreign passport for visa exempt countries"

servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml

chamybel

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 2 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 22 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Oct 22 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 31 2012
Passport Req..
Dec 11 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 21 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 26 2012
SenoritaBella said:

Hi there, what if, i do have a valid work permit, but no longer works for that employer? As im waiting for my PPR im also waiting for a new work permit with a new employer... Thanks!