+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing soon. Anything recent or I should make sure about?

nedvert

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Hi there we will land in about 3 weeks in Vancouver and I just wanted to get a modern update from some folks who may or may not know of anything to make sure of or to expect as of today August 2022. Anything urgent other than making sure all paperwork and details are in order?

My wife said what to expect for questions from immigration and I was like well, just be honest, and there shouldn't be any issues since they just want to make sure things are OK.

I guess I just want to settle her nerves down so we don't have any unintended challenges :)

Thanks ahead of time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi there we will land in about 3 weeks in Vancouver and I just wanted to get a modern update from some folks who may or may not know of anything to make sure of or to expect as of today August 2022. Anything urgent other than making sure all paperwork and details are in order?

My wife said what to expect for questions from immigration and I was like well, just be honest, and there shouldn't be any issues since they just want to make sure things are OK.

I guess I just want to settle her nerves down so we don't have any unintended challenges :)

Thanks ahead of time.
Yes, there aren't any questions to be worried about - they'll basically just be confirming who you are, your address, etc, and that nothing has changed of importance.

Main urgent thing is to follow what is up with covid requirements and the arrivecan app, and I believe you still need a place that you could quarantine in, even if you won't be required to quarantine.

nedvert

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Thanks A. When you say "have a place to quarantine" what would that entail. I will land in Vancouver and then travel to Calgary after we are are done with immigration the flight is a few hours later. Do I need to secure or have some sort of proof of a place in Vancouver or will my "quarantine" place be fine in Calgary where I will be staying anyway. (Private room, etc.)

Just wondering what they would expect as I could technically just go and book a hotel in Vancouver if I absolutely had to do it just don't want to get booted out of Canada or anything :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks A. When you say "have a place to quarantine" what would that entail. I will land in Vancouver and then travel to Calgary after we are are done with immigration the flight is a few hours later. Do I need to secure or have some sort of proof of a place in Vancouver or will my "quarantine" place be fine in Calgary where I will be staying anyway. (Private room, etc.)

Just wondering what they would expect as I could technically just go and book a hotel in Vancouver if I absolutely had to do it just don't want to get booted out of Canada or anything :)
I mean, ummm, google? It's covid rules for travel, it's all on the internet. I just wanted to clarify that they can and may require you to have a place to quarantine (just in case eg you get a positive test on arrival or other reasons) because it seemed to me that was not entirely clear. Surely you can look the rest up.