Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2015
LANDED..........
17-07-2015
I will be doing a short landing at Niagara Falls in July and have questions.

1- Can i take a bank statement in USD as POF?

2- I was planning to visit Ottawa and as Montreal is not too far, I would like to go there. Am I allowed to enter Quebec? Also can I work in Quebec? If not when can I have rights to work there?

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hari412 said:

2- I was planning to visit Ottawa and as Montreal is not too far, I would like to go there. Am I allowed to enter Quebec? Also can I work in Quebec? If not when can I have rights to work there?
1) I know it has worked with many people, however is not what states the official web site:

These funds could be in the form of:

cash
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

2) Of course you are allowed to enter Quebec, what kind of question is this? Canada is a free country and you can go wherever you want.

As a permanent resident you can work in the province of your choice, you are FREE, this is not a prison.

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
Hari412 said:

1) Proof of Funds required to be shown are as follow:

You can bring money into Canada in the form of:

- Cash
- Securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills)
- Negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bank drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques, money orders)
- Transfer of funds between your bank and a Canadian bank

It's not advisable to show ONLY your bank statement as proof of funds.

2) If you have been selected in a Quebec Immigration program, you will be issued CSQ. If that's the case, you must land in Quebec (preferably at major airports of Montreal, Quebec City, etc) Quebec Immigrants can land anywhere in Canada, however federal immigrants can land anywhere in Canada, except for quebec.

If you have been selected in a Federal (non-Quebec) Immigration program, then it is advisable that you land anywhere in Canada except for Quebec. In some of the reported cases, you may be refused landing if you are unable to show CSQ. (Source)

Once you have cleared immigration and have become permanent resident, you are allowed to travel anywhere inside Canada. However, with Quebec Immigration programs, they ask you to sign Schedule 5 (intend to reside in Quebec) declaration. If you have CSQ, you can work in Quebec, if you don't have CSQ, you need to apply for CSQ first and sit for interview before you can reside in Quebec. This is regardless of your Permanent Status.

UPDATE : I've been informed that once you get Permanent Residency (such as under federal programs), then you do not require CSQ. You can work freely. CSQ is a selection document given by Quebec Immigration which you use for your application for CIC (For Admission in Canada). Admission part is handled by CIC.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
XpressEnterprise said:
Once you have cleared immigration and have become permanent resident, you are allowed to travel anywhere inside Canada. However, with Quebec Immigration programs, they ask you to sign Schedule 5 (intend to reside in Quebec) declaration. If you have CSQ, you can work in Quebec, if you don't have CSQ, you need to apply for CSQ first and sit for interview before you can reside in Quebec. This is regardless of your Permanent Status.
A Permanent resident does not need to apply for a CSQ in order to work in quebec:

souce: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

As a permanent resident, you have the right to:

get most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health care coverage,
live, work or study anywhere in Canada,
apply for Canadian citizenship,
protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
You must pay taxes and respect all Canadian laws at the federal, provincial and municipal levels.

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
emamabd said:
A Permanent resident does not need to apply for a CSQ in order to work in quebec:

souce: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

As a permanent resident, you have the right to:

get most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health care coverage,
live, work or study anywhere in Canada,
apply for Canadian citizenship,
protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
You must pay taxes and respect all Canadian laws at the federal, provincial and municipal levels.
Thanks for the rectification emamabd. I've corrected mine. I believe the real problem would be Quebec Health Insurance (RAMQ) as they require CSQ. Without that, private health insurance is pretty expensive.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
XpressEnterprise said:
Thanks for the rectification emamabd. I've corrected mine. I believe the real problem would be Quebec Health Insurance (RAMQ) as they require CSQ. Without that, private health insurance is pretty expensive.
There is a 3 months wait period, after which a "new quebec resident" who moved from another province will be eligible for health insurance, during the transition period the new resident might still be covered in quebec under the health insurance plan of the "old province"

source: http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrants-foreign-workers-students/health-insurance/Pages/eligibility.aspx

Persons taking up residence in Québec

Persons arriving from another province to take up residence in Québec become eligible for the Québec Health Insurance Plan when they cease to be covered by the plan of their province of origin. For as long as they remain covered by the health insurance plan of their former province, they must present their health insurance card of that province when receiving healthcare from a doctor in Québec. The health insurance plan of their former province will cover the cost. However, if the Québec doctor does not accept that card, they will have to pay the doctor's fee and then apply for a refund with the organization administering the health insurance plan of their province of origin. Usually, coverage under the Québec plan begins on the first day of the third month following the month of arrival in Québec.

Generally speaking, if you arrive in Québec from outside Canada, even if you are a Canadian citizen, you will be eligible for the Québec Health Insurance Plan after a waiting period of up to 3 months following your registration. Apart from certain exceptions the Régie does not reimburse the cost of the healthcare received during the waiting period.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XpressEnterprise said:
2) If you have been selected in a Quebec Immigration program, you will be issued CSQ. If that's the case, you must land in Quebec (preferably at major airports of Montreal, Quebec City, etc)
Sorry, but again, what you're saying is NOT TRUE.

I was selected from Quebec, got the CSQ and landed in Toronto and they didn't even ask for my CSQ.

Just use your logic sense. From my country, there is only direct flight to Toronto. So, do you think the government would obligate to me to get a US visa so I can travel directly from US to Quebec to do the landing? That would be RIDICULOUS.

We, the Quebec selected immigrants have signed a document where we "intend to reside" in Quebec, period. We don't intend to land in Quebec, and we don't have to live in Quebec neither for the rest of our life.

Please, stop making up stuff is not in the law.

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
neutral said:
Sorry, but again, what you're saying is NOT TRUE.

I was selected from Quebec, got the CSQ and landed in Toronto and they didn't even ask for my CSQ.

Just use your logic sense. From my country, there is only direct flight to Toronto. So, do you think the government would obligate to me to get a US visa so I can travel directly from US to Quebec to do the landing? That would be RIDICULOUS.

We, the Quebec selected immigrants have signed a document where we "intend to reside" in Quebec, period. We don't intend to land in Quebec, and we don't have to live in Quebec neither for the rest of our life.

Please, stop making up stuff is not in the law.
Perhaps, next time, I would advice you in taking in a bit of a lighter tone instead of being plain rude. Nevertheless, I have rectified my earlier post. Thanks for your input.

Now, if we take your "logic sense" into account, I'm fairly sure there must be countries, who would have direct flight to Montreal (and not Toronto). If they are federal immigrants and land in Montreal, they cannot finish their landing and would be reported to Immigration Officer of their intended province. They then have to drive all the way through and present themselves to the Immigration Officer (outside Quebec) to finish Record of Landing (as they cannot produce CSQ and Quebec require CSQ). Now, why would canadian government make it difficult for Federal Immigrants to land in Quebec and easy for Quebec immigrants to land anywhere in Canada? Does it make sense? (regardless of US visa)

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XpressEnterprise said:
Perhaps, next time, I would advice you in taking in a bit of a lighter tone instead of being plain rude. Nevertheless, I have rectified my earlier post. Thanks for your input.
I'm not rude. But we have to call apples to apples, truth to truth and false to what's false.[/quote]

XpressEnterprise said:
Now, if we take your "logic sense" into account, I'm fairly sure there must be countries, who would have direct flight to Montreal (and not Toronto).
Yes, sure but Canada is not going to keep an updated list of these countries in order to discriminate immigrants. Even if I can travel directly to Montreal, I could choose to do it thought Toronto simply because it's more cheaper. It's only my business why I booked such flight ticket.

XpressEnterprise said:
If they are federal immigrants and land in Montreal, they cannot finish their landing and would be reported to Immigration Officer of their intended province. They then have to drive all the way through and present themselves to the Immigration Officer (outside Quebec) to finish Record of Landing (as they cannot produce CSQ and Quebec require CSQ). Now, why would canadian government make it difficult for Federal Immigrants to land in Quebec and easy for Quebec immigrants to land anywhere in Canada? Does it make sense? (regardless of US visa)
You've to PROVE what you say. Show me the official, legal source where is written that a Federal Selected Immigrant can't land in Quebec. Immigration Officers work for the Federal Government, no matter if they work in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver, they follow the Federal laws.

Read the post written by "POSITIVE": http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/doubts-can-i-land-anywhere-matter-which-poe-to-choose-t35499.225.html

I guess you'll need to just delete your whole post ;)

aashu287

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2015
Med's Request
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
8-04-2015
Hi folks ;

I need urgent help on money we take to canada ....@ time of processing I showed 9 lacs however now I have visa but I have used some money and left with 5 lacs so can I land into canada with 5 lacs or do I have to show the exact amount which I have showed as 9 lacs .....Please advice and thanks in advance

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What you showed is irrelevant. What's is a must is to have the minimum amount they ask you according where you go and how many family members.

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
aashu287 said:
Hi folks ;

I need urgent help on money we take to canada .... @ time of processing I showed 9 lacs however now I have visa but I have used some money and left with 5 lacs so can I land into canada with 5 lacs or do I have to show the exact amount which I have showed as 9 lacs .....Please advice and thanks in advance
It doesn't matter how much you have showed and how much you are bringing. It doesn't have to match exact. If you have a valid job offer and are authorized to work, you don't need to show proof of funds. Otherwise, you just have to show that you have enough funds to cover yourself in terms of living. Kindly go through the following:

How much money should you bring?
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

• cash
  • documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
  • documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

You can also go through Qorax's Post PROOF OF LANDING FUNDS

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
How can you say that it doesn't matter how much money is someone bringing and then quotea table which says FUNDS REQUIRED?
If someone got his/her PR visa on the basis of FSW program, he/she is required to have certain amount of money which he/she proved during the application process since it was one of conditio sine qua non for applying. The lack of money would mean that you had lied in your application.
Also, you are not allowed to work before landing and you need this money for landing, right?
But, many people reported that they were not asked to present these funds while landing, but it is a gamble and your own risk.

XpressEnterprise said:
It doesn't matter how much you have showed and how much you are bringing. It doesn't have to match exact. If you have a valid job offer and are authorized to work, you don't need to show proof of funds. Otherwise, you just have to show that you have enough funds to cover yourself in terms of living. Kindly go through the following:

How much money should you bring?
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

• cash
  • documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
  • documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

You can also go through Qorax's Post PROOF OF LANDING FUNDS

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
emiiuki said:
How can you say that it doesn't matter how much money is someone bringing and then quotea table which says FUNDS REQUIRED?
If someone got his/her PR visa on the basis of FSW program, he/she is required to have certain amount of money which he/she proved during the application process since it was one of conditio sine qua non for applying. The lack of money would mean that you had lied in your application.
Also, you are not allowed to work before landing and you need this money for landing, right?
But, many people reported that they were not asked to present these funds while landing, but it is a gamble and your own risk.
It doesn't matter "how much you have showed" and "how much you are bringing". It doesn't have to match exact.

Meaning, they both don't have to match exactly!

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sure, but you are putting this as an answer to a person who said that he had spent half of his presented funds (and doesn't satisfy the minimum, as I realize), hence, confusing him.
And, then, continue with story with a job offer which doesn't change anything regarding POF if it wasn't part of his application.

XpressEnterprise said:
It doesn't matter "how much you have showed" and "how much you are bringing". It doesn't have to match exact.

Meaning, they both don't have to match exactly!