+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Query - Ottawa Office

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Hello,

I have a query for landing.
I remember seeing a thread where we can land at Ottawa office without appointment on every Odd Tuesdays.

Does anybody have more details on this?
I am specifically interested to know if we have be from Ottawa region only to complete the landing there in Ottawa office?
I am from GTA but don't mind an extra bit of drive to Ottawa as I am just not comfortable to get the "Admin refusal" from US side although my neighbor who got it last week tells me it won't be in their system. (Really??)

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
US officer literally just signed a paper sheet taking information from my passport, however, if you still feel incomfortable please see below link for landing from inside. My friend told me there is one office at Spadina and King. He landed several years ago, but I don't think many things have changes ever since.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=748&t=22

*Wouldn't go to Ottawa out of the blue without confirming the information with CIC first. Maybe wait time for the appointment is not that bad after all.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All landings at all CIC offices are by appointment only.

The US "administrative refusal" (i.e. when "flagpoling") is indeed not recorded by the US as a refusal of entry. I've specifically asked the question, more than once, and also requested my travel records from the US a few years ago. It's not an issue, & is definitely not recorded.