+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing not completed because spouse is overseas.. please help!!

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hey guys this thread is for those people who are unable to do their landing for PR because their spouse is residing overseas..!!

Please share your experience
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you added your spouse to your application? Has she done medical, PCC, received her own COPR? Based on your past posts you got married after receiving your COPR and hadn’t realized that means you needed to add her to your application before you could land.

You can land without your wife if you are the primary applicant but your wife must have already received her COPR before you land,

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Have you added your spouse to your application? Has she done medical, PCC, received her own COPR? Based on your past posts you got married after receiving your COPR and hadn’t realized that means you needed to add her to your application before you could land.

You can land without your wife if you are the primary applicant but your wife must have already received her COPR before you land,
Thanks for your reply yes our file got approved and we both received COPR and i had landing appointment booked on 25th march which got cancelled because of coronavirus and then i have emailed my local visa office for Validate of my COPR and they replied " We cant finalise your application because your spouse is residing overseas" and on the other side she cant travel because i am the principal applicant and not yet landed..

I dont know what to do this is so frustrating!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply yes our file got approved and we both received COPR and i had landing appointment booked on 25th march which got cancelled because of coronavirus and then i have emailed my local visa office for Validate of my COPR and they replied " We cant finalise your application because your spouse is residing overseas" and on the other side she cant travel because i am the principal applicant and not yet landed..

I dont know what to do this is so frustrating!
Strange. Perhaps they can only land the whole family if they are doing virtual landings. Sorry have no other suggestion. You can try emailing your MP and see if they can help.

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Strange. Perhaps they can only land the whole family if they are doing virtual landings. Sorry have no other suggestion. You can try emailing your MP and see if they can help.
I never emailed MP before do you think is it gonna work .??
Do you know any email of MP in saskatchewan which can help me out..?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I never emailed MP before do you think is it gonna work .??
Do you know any email of MP in saskatchewan which can help me out..?
You need to look up the contact information for your MP based on where you live in SK. Not sure if they can solve your problem but they can probably at least figure out why you can’t land in your own. It is worth a shot you have nothing to lose and they may help you be able to land on your own.

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
You need to look up the contact information for your MP based on where you live in SK. Not sure if they can solve your problem but they can probably at least figure out why you can’t land in your own. It is worth a shot you have nothing to lose and they may help you be able to land on your own.
Thanks a lot for your suggesstion ill be looking forward to it. Kindly if you get any type of update regarding this then please let me know by this thread..!!
Thanks

umangpopli

Jan 24, 2021
Hi,

I am in same boat as of yours. My landing is being deferred because I have an oversea spouse. She cannot travel due to travel restrictions and IRCC is not processing with my application because of oversea spouse. I contacted my local area MP as well and they also provided me the same details.

umangpopli

Jan 24, 2021
Hi,

I am stuck in similar situation and IRCC officers say they cannot land me as I have an oversea spouse and my spouse cannot travel as they don't confirm my PR application. Its a deadlock and I am stuck with it for more than a year now :( Not sure what measures are being taken by IRCC at this time