+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Niagara (Rainbow bridge) FAIL

KFraz

Dec 23, 2017
Dear members,

After getting my COPR on the mail, I went to Niagara this Sunday to do my landing. Upon crossing back to Canada I was informed by the officer the whole Niagara region now has a policy of doing landings only in Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I had read about restrictions on landing times at Niagara, but I thought they would apply only to summer time and peak hours. That's clearly not the case. There is no landing being processed other than the days I mentioned.
I am not sure if that's new information or not, but I thought I'd share.
Anyway, I am going back tomorrow to try again. Did anyone Flagpoled in Niagara recently? Any tips?
I want to get this done and dont want to waste the money of the trip once more.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you very much.

billykid

Apr 19, 2013
Dear members,

After getting my COPR on the mail, I went to Niagara this Sunday to do my landing. Upon crossing back to Canada I was informed by the officer the whole Niagara region now has a policy of doing landings only in Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I had read about restrictions on landing times at Niagara, but I thought they would apply only to summer time and peak hours. That's clearly not the case. There is no landing being processed other than the days I mentioned.
Anyway, I am going back tomorrow to try again. Did anyone Flagpoled in Niagara recently? Any tips?
Thank you very much.
hi,
i will do my landing soon too. is the office open 24 hour on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays ?
thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear members,

Thank you very much.
Arrive a bit before 8am. A friend arrived at around 9:30am and was told to come back another day.

vladmirgc

Apr 10, 2014
Dear members,

Thank you very much.
Just out of curiosity, why did you choose the rainbow bridge, if you can pretty much go to any POE?
I may be wrong but, isn't it one of the busiest points there is? Unless they have the corresponding amount of staff.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Arrive a bit before 8am. A friend arrived at around 9:30am and was told to come back another day.
Do you know why that your friend was told to come another day? I was told that immigration service is available between 8 am to midnight on certain days (Tues Wed and Thurs only). Which border crossing was that at?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Do you know why that your friend was told to come another day? I was told that immigration service is available between 8 am to midnight on certain days (Tues Wed and Thurs only). Which border crossing was that at?
I have heard the same thing from someone else. Apparently in most of Southern Ontario (for sure Niagara area) they only allow flagpoling between Tuesday and Thursday, and even then there's no guarantee they will process it. If possible, try to do your landing elsewhere or spend the day in the US.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
I have heard the same thing from someone else. Apparently in most of Southern Ontario (for sure Niagara area) they only allow flagpoling between Tuesday and Thursday, and even then there's no guarantee they will process it. If possible, try to do your landing elsewhere or spend the day in the US.
I'm flagpoling just to get restrictions lifted from OWP, not for landing. Does that make any difference still?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I'm flagpoling just to get restrictions lifted from OWP, not for landing. Does that make any difference still?
All I know is that they don't allow any flagpoling outside these days - so I would say that the reason doesn't make a difference. Perhaps someone who actually lives in this area (or knows someone who does) will have a better answer.

The whole flagpoling concept is definitely a grey area situation and Canada has been trying for a while to stop the US from allowing it. It can also lead to issues with future-entries into the US. To be completely safe, I would recommend simply entering the US and spending the day there, before returning.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
All I know is that they don't allow any flagpoling outside these days - so I would say that the reason doesn't make a difference. Perhaps someone who actually lives in this area (or knows someone who does) will have a better answer.

The whole flagpoling concept is definitely a grey area situation and Canada has been trying for a while to stop the US from allowing it. It can also lead to issues with future-entries into the US. To be completely safe, I would recommend simply entering the US and spending the day there, before returning.
What's your say on the administrative refusal letter? My wife is US citizen so she won't get it, but I will since I'm a Cdn citizen. Will it go on my record? i don't want to have to declare it in the future, etc. Some say it's not a real / official refusal. I just want to double check.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Newbie here: do these restrictions apply if you were to, say, fly into Toronto?
Airports will be fine.

What's your say on the administrative refusal letter? My wife is US citizen so she won't get it, but I will since I'm a Cdn citizen. Will it go on my record? i don't want to have to declare it in the future, etc. Some say it's not a real / official refusal. I just want to double check.
It is not considered an officially withdrawn application, meaning it should not go into their records. If you have a particularly grumpy Border Security Officer though when you try to enter the US again, they may question you about this, and it is always within the officer's right to deny someone access to the US.

If you have flagpole'd, I would recommend not mentioning it when you visit the US, particularly if someone is non-Canadian.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubicrootofthee

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
If you have a Canadian passport, you don't need an administrative refusal. You can simply enter US and return. Moreover, why do you need to flagpole at all? Is your USC wife getting the PR, can she not go alone?

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
If you have a Canadian passport, you don't need an administrative refusal. You can simply enter US and return. Moreover, why do you need to flagpole at all? Is your USC wife getting the PR, can she not go alone?
Yes I have CDN passport and will bring it with me. My wife is Deaf and I am Hard of hearing. It’s easier if I accompany her to interpret for her. No we just need to lift restrictions from her OWP. The sooner it’s lifted, the sooner she gets work in the health care field. It’s not for PR.