+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Interview at CIC Saskatoon Office?

travelcouple

Aug 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We applied Outland, but my spouse is in Canada with me here in Saskatchewan. All has went well and been approved, PPR by email, and we sent the passport on Friday. We will have to do a landing interview after that and are wondering if we should drive to the border or if there is an Immigration Office in Saskatoon which we can scedule a Landing interview instead. Has anyone had this experience before?

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
travelcouple said:
We applied Outland, but my spouse is in Canada with me here in Saskatchewan. All has went well and been approved, PPR by email, and we sent the passport on Friday. We will have to do a landing interview after that and are wondering if we should drive to the border or if there is an Immigration Office in Saskatoon which we can scedule a Landing interview instead. Has anyone had this experience before?
We applied outland but I was in Canada as well. The day after receiving the passport with the visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence, we drove to the border for my landing (flagpole). Here you can find the offices: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/indextype38-e.html

It was really fast and went without any problems.

travelcouple

Aug 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Miryam,

How long after your passport request did you send your Passport to the visa office? Did you use Canada post? And lastly, how long after you sent it did you recieve your passport back? (Just trying to gage it) Thanks so much, travelcouple

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
travelcouple said:
Hi Miryam,

How long after your passport request did you send your Passport to the visa office? Did you use Canada post? And lastly, how long after you sent it did you recieve your passport back? (Just trying to gage it) Thanks so much, travelcouple
Passport was requested by e-mail and I mailed the passport in the same day. It was 10:36 AM in Brazil when the Visa Office sent the e-mail and in Vancouver it was 4:36 AM, so I had the whole day to mail it. :)

I used FedEx, not Canada Post.

The passport went to the Visa Office in Brazil and came back in 10 days. I mailed on November 16th and received the passport back on November 26th.