+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in YYZ

kom

Aug 30, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am planning to land in Toronto Airport soon and stay in Toronto for 2-3 days before returning to USA. I am in L1 Visa in US and plan to return to Canada permanently after another year. Need to finish my landing formalities now as the PR visa expires in few months.

Question:
1) Do I need to let the Canadian immigration officer know that I intend to stay for only 2-3 days and will come back later? Is that a problem if I inform about it?
2) Can I provide my friend's address for the PR card to be delivered?
3) I do not have a job letter or offer letter from Canada. Is that OK?
4) What are the formalities after landing? Shall I go to SIN office now or go after I start staying in Canada permanently? Pls suggest.
5) While coming back to US, can there be any problem in US immigration? I hold Indian passport and have valid US visa and petition.

Thanks in advance for your help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
1) Yes, you should tell them or they will be expecting you to have your B4 ready. Not a problem.
2) Yes
3) Not a problem.
4) You can go to Service Canada during your landing visit and get your SIN. They will need your Canadian address.
5) I doubt it.

kom

Aug 30, 2012
Thanks zardoz

I have another question, I know this has been discussed many times but just wanted to be double sure.

Do I need to land in the city/province as per my COPR/application or can I land in a different POE? I applied under CEC.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You "land" at the very first POE, which need not be your destination province. If you land in Quebec, you must be able to show that your final destination is another province if you didn't go through Quebec specific immigration.

kom

Aug 30, 2012
What if I do not plan to go to the destination province after landing at all? To be more specific, my destination city is Toronto as per my application, can I land in Vancouver, BC, and stay there just a day before coming back to US?

Thanks for your help!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
In a word, yes

ramthi123

Jun 2, 2013
Hi Kom,

Iam in simillar situation as yours - In US now wanted to finish landing formality per my VISA expiry date, secondly planning to settle in Canada after a year
Iam planning to give my friends canadian mailing address to collect the PR cards.

Just would be great to know how did your landing formality go & was the PR card sent to your Friends canada mailing address

Thanks in advance

Ram G

kom said:
Hello everyone,

I am planning to land in Toronto Airport soon and stay in Toronto for 2-3 days before returning to USA. I am in L1 Visa in US and plan to return to Canada permanently after another year. Need to finish my landing formalities now as the PR visa expires in few months.

Question:
1) Do I need to let the Canadian immigration officer know that I intend to stay for only 2-3 days and will come back later? Is that a problem if I inform about it?
2) Can I provide my friend's address for the PR card to be delivered?
3) I do not have a job letter or offer letter from Canada. Is that OK?
4) What are the formalities after landing? Shall I go to SIN office now or go after I start staying in Canada permanently? Pls suggest.
5) While coming back to US, can there be any problem in US immigration? I hold Indian passport and have valid US visa and petition.

Thanks in advance for your help.