+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Vancouver

vicky_m

Nov 13, 2007
Please advice...

1. I am planning to do landing in Vancouver even though my intend stay was toronto at the time of filing PR under FSW. Do any of you see any issue with that?

2. I am planning couple of days trip and return to USA. If while landing officer says that you will get PR card once you come to canada for good, then can I return back to usa and fax the form with canadian address to get the PR card at my friends address in canada? Do I have to go back to canada with some specific time frame?

3. After coming back to usa from canada, what if I plan to go again to canada after a year and we have a new addition in our family. Will that be any issue?

Please advice...THanks.

Vicky

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vicky_m said:
Please advice...

1. I am planning to do landing in Vancouver even though my intend stay was toronto at the time of filing PR under FSW. Do any of you see any issue with that?

2. I am planning couple of days trip and return to USA. If while landing officer says that you will get PR card once you come to canada for good, then can I return back to usa and fax the form with canadian address to get the PR card at my friends address in canada? Do I have to go back to canada with some specific time frame?

3. After coming back to usa from canada, what if I plan to go again to canada after a year and we have a new addition in our family. Will that be any issue?

Please advice...THanks.

Vicky
1. No
2. You can try, but there is a very good chance that you may have to return to Canada to pick it up, if CIC doesn't believe you.
3. You would have to return to Canada to sponsor the child.

PMM

vicky_m

Nov 13, 2007
I am planning to use AVR rule to come back to usa. The expired visa is in my old passport but I always carry both passport together all the time. Do you see any issue with having expired visa in the old passport? Please advice.

uscana

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
5-12-2010
File Transfer...
10-12-2011
Med's Request
4-4-2012
Med's Done....
28-4-2012
Passport Req..
5-12-2012
Hi,
i am planning to do my landing in vancouver thou i mentioned that i will be living in Toronto. there are couple of thing i like to know before i take a decisions on this

1. first of all i am planning to land in vancover, finish formalities and then come back to US via road.
2. i am planning to cross border using rental car
3. i am planning to go back to canada after 6 months after my job commitments are over in US

guys please tell me if you see any issues with the above plan. my questions are can i cross border with rental car and will they allow me to apply for PR card if i tell them that i am doing just landing only and will return back after 6 months

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
uscana said:
Hi,
i am planning to do my landing in vancouver thou i mentioned that i will be living in Toronto. there are couple of thing i like to know before i take a decisions on this

1. first of all i am planning to land in vancover, finish formalities and then come back to US via road.
2. i am planning to cross border using rental car
3. i am planning to go back to canada after 6 months after my job commitments are over in US

guys please tell me if you see any issues with the above plan. my questions are can i cross border with rental car and will they allow me to apply for PR card if i tell them that i am doing just landing only and will return back after 6 months
YOU CAN LAND AND RETURN BACK TO US..PROVIDED YOU HAVE SOMEONE IN CANADA THAT WILL HELP TO GET YOUR PR CARD AND FORWARD TO U IN USA...MIND YOU YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN,IF YOU MISPLACE YOUR PR CARD..PLEASE BE WISE AND GOODLUCK...

uscana

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
5-12-2010
File Transfer...
10-12-2011
Med's Request
4-4-2012
Med's Done....
28-4-2012
Passport Req..
5-12-2012
thanks Shaddy for reply, i have friends in Canada and i have taken care of that part. otherwise you wont see any problem doing landing with rental car and short trip of just landing and coming back.