+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Toronto and PR Card address in Vancouver

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
Hi All,

Slightly weird situation of mine. I am planning to land in Toronto for a softlanding and try and sort out stuff like bank accounts etc.

I have following Questions, apologies if they sound dumb:
  • Is it okay to give the address of my relative in Vancouver for PR, while landing in Toronto
    • I am planning to settle either in Toronto or Vancouver, based on the job
  • Also I have lived in Toronto for whole of 2011, would my earlier SIN number be still valid?
  • Would I have to re-register for my health card (if I get a job and stay back) in Toronto

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All,

Slightly weird situation of mine. I am planning to land in Toronto for a softlanding and try and sort out stuff like bank accounts etc.

I have following Questions, apologies if they sound dumb:
  • Is it okay to give the address of my relative in Vancouver for PR, while landing in Toronto
    • I am planning to settle either in Toronto or Vancouver, based on the job
  • Also I have lived in Toronto for whole of 2011, would my earlier SIN number be still valid?
  • Would I have to re-register for my health card (if I get a job and stay back) in Toronto
1. Yes. That's ok.
2. Your SIN will need to be updated regardless, as you will have a permanent one issued.
3. You will need to re-register or at least have your immigration information updated.

Reactions: Rishi_CI

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
hi

Regarding the question 1: is it fine any address within Canada is fine? Such as in Montreal ( relative's address..)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
hi

Regarding the question 1: is it fine any address within Canada is fine? Such as in Montreal ( relative's address..)
No. Do not offer any address in Quebec if you are not in possession of a CSQ. Quebec has it's own immigration requirements and you do NOT want to imply that you are going there when you are landing, or CBSA may refuse to land you. Find someone else, to be on the safe side...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are doing a soft landing you won’t meet the ohip residency rules so only apply if you are staying permanently. Otherwise wait until you move back for good.

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
No. Do not offer any address in Quebec if you are not in possession of a CSQ. Quebec has it's own immigration requirements and you do NOT want to imply that you are going there when you are landing, or CBSA may refuse to land you. Find someone else, to be on the safe side...
thanks for the info.
So it also means I cannot consider to land in Montreal right?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
thanks for the info.
So it also means I cannot consider to land in Montreal right?
You can land in Quebec as long as you give the CBSA officer an address outside or otherwise convince them that you are not intending to settle in Quebec.