+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Niagara

spanishnick

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

I just received my COPR and I am planning to do my landing tomorrow, at Niagara Falls, by foot.

I am reading conflicting information about landing in Niagara, some saying there are specific days and opening hours to do the landing while others are saying there are no specific times.

Could someone please tell me if it's safe to go tomorrow at any time? I was told that the Lewiston–Queenston Bridge was faster though I am not sure I can walk to the border.

Thank you

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hi everyone,

I just received my COPR and I am planning to do my landing tomorrow, at Niagara Falls, by foot.

I am reading conflicting information about landing in Niagara, some saying there are specific days and opening hours to do the landing while others are saying there are no specific times.

Could someone please tell me if it's safe to go tomorrow at any time? I was told that the Lewiston–Queenston Bridge was faster though I am not sure I can walk to the border.

Thank you
call the border, before going.. normally they dont do landings on Fridays and weekends..

email.6633

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Are you a CEC? If so, yes, there are specific times for you to land. Dont worry about which bridge to choose. The pace depends on the day and the rush. Please be prepared for 2 hours as landing procedure.

If you are not CEC, still it applies. You can choose any bridge. But if you are travelling from USA to Canada by Car, then you can go only via Lewiston–Queenston Bridge.

call up the bridge. they will answer all your queries.

Hi everyone,

Thank you

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Hi everyone,

Thank you
Hi,
I completed my landing process at the Rainbow Bridge on October 24th. Before going to Niagara I called CBSA to confirm that I could do it there by foot. They confirmed the restriction: only processing from Tuesday to Thursday from 8am to midnight. I recommend you to cross the bridge at 7am. On your way back they will let you stand in line on the bridge until 8am when they start processing.
Here it's my previous post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/our-successful-landing-experience-at-the-rainbow-bridge.524849/

amit_saha1986

Jul 29, 2015
1. reach canada border with ur passport and copr and pof copied.
2. insert 4*25c coins and walk into the rainbow bridge that separates US and Canada. (the best view of niagara)
3. walk inside US border and say you have come for satus change in Canada.
4. They scan your passport for US criminal list and give u a form mentioning the date.
5. Walk back the same bridge into Canada.
6. Your landing formaility will be completed by CBSA. They might as you to show ur income proof in Canada and address proof in Canada.
7. Dance now you are officially a PR in Canada.