+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in first week of November - Need help with accommodation!

kris905

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-March-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2013
Hello Friends,
We (Me, wife and kid) are planning to land in Toronto in the first week of November. It would be of great help if any of you could give us some guidance on how to find accommodation before we land. We are looking at accommodation near Missisauga area for under $1500 per month.

Is it necessary that I should have an employment letter to rent a house? I will only have mine in the second week of Jan.

Also it would be great if any of you guys are landing in the same period, so we could connect and hunt houses together.
Thanks a lot

krish

mazleen

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
AOR2: 16th March 2015
File Transfer...
9th March 2015.E-cas in process: 22nd August 2015
Med's Done....
8th Dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27th August 2015. DM : 27th August 2015.Passport sent:2nd Sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
my flight is on 19th Nov 2015 :)
kris905 said:
Hello Friends,
We (Me, wife and kid) are planning to land in Toronto in the first week of November. It would be of great help if any of you could give us some guidance on how to find accommodation before we land. We are looking at accommodation near Missisauga area for under $1500 per month.

Is it necessary that I should have an employment letter to rent a house? I will only have mine in the second week of Jan.

Also it would be great if any of you guys are landing in the same period, so we could connect and hunt houses together.
Thanks a lot

krish
Hi!

I think you can read more on this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

Congratulations and good luck!

kris905

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-March-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2013
Excellent link, Thanks a lot.
I have completed my landing process last year. This year, we are moving to Canada for good. So I would be looking for long term accommodation. I have got in touch with few house owners via airbnb and negotiating rates, Will update here as I finalize something.

curious_toad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hey Krish,

How is you and family doing? Did you all settle in well? How was house hunting and what did you manage finally? Let us know.

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kris905 said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks a lot

krish
Hello friend. I work for nextstopcanada.ca. We help newcomers like you receive housing information and soo much more for free, as we are funded by the government of Canada. We are located in Toronto and you could also visit us or our YMCA Newcomer Information Centers when you arrive for more starter information you will need (such as child tax benefits information, ect.) Visit us at nextstopcanada.ca where you can chat with my or my colleagues, and ask us any question you have about living in Canada. Best of luck!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alexand said:
Hello friend. I work for nextstopcanada.ca. We help newcomers like you receive housing information and soo much more for free, as we are funded by the government of Canada. We are located in Toronto and you could also visit us or our YMCA Newcomer Information Centers when you arrive for more starter information you will need (such as child tax benefits information, ect.) Visit us at nextstopcanada.ca where you can chat with my or my colleagues, and ask us any question you have about living in Canada. Best of luck!
this post was made a year ago. so, assuming they still planned to land in november, they would have landed in november 2015 and are more than likely already settled in canada.

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
this post was made a year ago. so, assuming they still planned to land in november, they would have landed in november 2015 and are more than likely already settled in canada.
Hi friend,

Other people read this topic as well, and it needed a solution.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alexand said:
Hi friend,

Other people read this topic as well, and it needed a solution.
right, and you've posted this information multiple times already in various areas on the forum so it's not necessary to repost it on old threads too. the more you post the same information in a short amount of time, the more likely you risk being flagged as spam.

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
right, and you've posted this information multiple times already in various areas on the forum so it's not necessary to repost it on old threads too. the more you post the same information in a short amount of time, the more likely you risk being flagged as spam.
Thank you so much.

I will keep that in mind. But how can I be flagged as spam, if I am not? I mean, I am simply sharing information beneficial for the new immigrants. The information I am sharing is also listed in the IRCC list of Pre-arrival immigrant services. Isn't that the point of this forum? :)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alexand said:
Thank you so much.

I will keep that in mind. But how can I be flagged as spam, if I am not? I mean, I am simply sharing information beneficial for the new immigrants. The information I am sharing is also listed in the IRCC list of Pre-arrival immigrant services. Isn't that the point of this forum? :)
people can report you to the moderator for whatever reason they choose. there are 1000s of people who read this forum. if enough people complain about the volume you post the SAME information in a SHORT amount of time, your posts can be removed and if there are enough complaints, you can be blocked from the entire forum. While i understand you are trying to promote your business and helping new immigrants, this is not a forum that takes kindly to posting the same information multiple times within a short amount of time. It is more appropriate to provide the information when someone ASKS for settlement/pre-landing help. Posting this information on multiple threads within a short time frame without someone asking for the information or responding to posts that are a year old just to post your information is SPAM. see the difference?