+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Canada

mkamran

Member
May 1, 2006
11
0
UAE
Hi everybody,

I have got my immigration process completed and would be landing in Canada this June. I would appreciate if anyone could answer my enquiries below:

1. If I mention goods in "Goods to Follow" list and later on I may not bring some of those, would it affect in any manner? For e.g. I may put in to bring my car and later on I change my mind and don't bring it along rather sell it out. What would be the implication?

2. How long does it take to receive PR Card and SIN? as I plan to return to my country for making my final arrangements

3. Can I receive my PR card and SIN personally rather than being mailed to an address, as I don't have any address to mention at present?

Awaiting your response.

Regards,
 

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
24,002
1,430
Hi

mkamran said:
Hi everybody,

I have got my immigration process completed and would be landing in Canada this June. I would appreciate if anyone could answer my enquiries below:

1. If I mention goods in "Goods to Follow" list and later on I may not bring some of those, would it affect in any manner? For e.g. I may put in to bring my car and later on I change my mind and don't bring it along rather sell it out. What would be the implication?

None, you can't add stuff, but Customs doesn't care if you subtract.

2. How long does it take to receive PR Card and SIN? as I plan to return to my country for making my final arrangements

1. PR card 30 days, SIN about 2/3 weeks. You need a Canadian address or they won't mail it. No you can't pick it up personally.


3. Can I receive my PR card and SIN personally rather than being mailed to an address, as I don't have any address to mention at present?

Awaiting your response.

Regards,
PMM
 

mkamran

Member
May 1, 2006
11
0
UAE
Thanks PMM for your information. This certainly will help me in planning my trip.



mkamran said:
Hi everybody,

I have got my immigration process completed and would be landing in Canada this June. I would appreciate if anyone could answer my enquiries below:

1. If I mention goods in "Goods to Follow" list and later on I may not bring some of those, would it affect in any manner? For e.g. I may put in to bring my car and later on I change my mind and don't bring it along rather sell it out. What would be the implication?

2. How long does it take to receive PR Card and SIN? as I plan to return to my country for making my final arrangements

3. Can I receive my PR card and SIN personally rather than being mailed to an address, as I don't have any address to mention at present?

Awaiting your response.

Regards,
 

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
68
0
Houston, Texas
Do we need to send the list of goods to follow to the border before landing or can we bring with us at the same time when we landing?
Thank you for any advices.
 

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
24,002
1,430
Hi

andy said:
Do we need to send the list of goods to follow to the border before landing or can we bring with us at the same time when we landing?
Thank you for any advices.
You carry it with you.

PMM
 

mkamran

Member
May 1, 2006
11
0
UAE
Goods to Follow List

Hi,

Can anyone tell, for how long "Goods to follow" is valid? e.g. a year, two? or there is no time limit to ship the goods?
 

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
24,002
1,430
Re: Goods to Follow List

Hi

mkamran said:
Hi,

Can anyone tell, for how long "Goods to follow" is valid? e.g. a year, two? or there is no time limit to ship the goods?
Forever, but CBSA starts getting suspicious after about a year, and will start to check the shipment fairly carefully, especially if there is jewellry, electronics which appear fairly new and unused.

PMM