+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Krisleen

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Kindly respond ....
Can a dependent under family class can land anywhere irrepective of his/her 'destination city' or it is mandatory to land there only?
Please revert

msballes16

Jun 13, 2018
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Nomination.....
08-11-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2019
Hello!

My question is regarding POF during the landing process. Can I show the Bank statement/certificate from a Saudi Arabian bank? This will be the updated version of the document I submitted while applying for the PR visa. Thanks for any response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello!

My question is regarding POF during the landing process. Can I show the Bank statement/certificate from a Saudi Arabian bank? This will be the updated version of the document I submitted while applying for the PR visa. Thanks for any response.
Yes. Obviously you need to account for the current exchange rate. If there is ever a concern most people are able to log into their online banking account.

Apr 22, 2019
Hi everyone!

I’m sponsoring my wife and her dependent child and they finally gottheir CoPR’s and we are ready to go to Canada (I’m currently with them). Our destination is Montreal and I have ourCSQ’s for Quebec as well.

We decided to buy flights to Edmonton instead of Montreal and spend a two week holiday there as my mother livesin AB and would like us to visit her before we settle in QC.

Since our final destination is QC and we will put our address in QC down for where to send the PR cards, will we have any problems for our Port of Entry as AB and not QC? Would she still have to give the CSQ’s to the immigration officer in Edmonton and canthey justgive her the landed status there? I know many people land in other Port of Entry’s which isn’t on their application. Besides she got her PR through family sponsorship and not through any provincial program. I know technically once she goes through the customs she will be considered a landed immigrant and be entitled to the Canadian charter of rights which allows her to live and travel freely throughout Canada. I just want to make sure she and herdependent child can land in AB and visit my family like a holiday for a couple weeks before we go to QC. Will they ask for a flight ticket to QC from AB? Also what’s the worst case scenario if there’s a problem?

many thanks

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi everyone!

I’m sponsoring my wife and her dependent child and they finally gottheir CoPR’s and we are ready to go to Canada (I’m currently with them). Our destination is Montreal and I have ourCSQ’s for Quebec as well.

We decided to buy flights to Edmonton instead of Montreal and spend a two week holiday there as my mother livesin AB and would like us to visit her before we settle in QC.

Since our final destination is QC and we will put our address in QC down for where to send the PR cards, will we have any problems for our Port of Entry as AB and not QC? Would she still have to give the CSQ’s to the immigration officer in Edmonton and canthey justgive her the landed status there? I know many people land in other Port of Entry’s which isn’t on their application. Besides she got her PR through family sponsorship and not through any provincial program. I know technically once she goes through the customs she will be considered a landed immigrant and be entitled to the Canadian charter of rights which allows her to live and travel freely throughout Canada. I just want to make sure she and herdependent child can land in AB and visit my family like a holiday for a couple weeks before we go to QC. Will they ask for a flight ticket to QC from AB? Also what’s the worst case scenario if there’s a problem?

many thanks
pas problème

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hi, I'm looking to do my landing in British Columbia from USA, so I believe I'll be crossing the border at Blaine. Also I'll be importing my car to Canada. Can someone brief me on the required documents and procedure for landing, exporting/importing car and also registering the car in BC. Also, I would need to look for accommodation in BC. Any guidance would help. Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I'm looking to do my landing in British Columbia from USA, so I believe I'll be crossing the border at Blaine. Also I'll be importing my car to Canada. Can someone brief me on the required documents and procedure for landing, exporting/importing car and also registering the car in BC. Also, I would need to look for accommodation in BC. Any guidance would help. Thanks
Have a look at the following website:

Riv.ca
padmapper

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Kindly respond ....
Can a dependent under family class can land anywhere irrepective of his/her 'destination city' or it is mandatory to land there only?
Please revert
Typically, if you choose to enter the country via a city outside of the province you selected to move to, it is up to the customs officer whether you will be allowed to declare your permanent residence at that port of entry.

dtm

Aug 4, 2016
Hi,
Came to Canada Sept 2010 but left went back home June 2012. Got my PR to Canada via skilled program. What steps do I need to take to renew or get back into Canada? My PR card expired in 2015 and as I said I haven't been back to Canada since I left 2012.

thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi,
Came to Canada Sept 2010 but left went back home June 2012. Got my PR to Canada via skilled program. What steps do I need to take to renew or get back into Canada? My PR card expired in 2015 and as I said I haven't been back to Canada since I left 2012.

thank you
After all this time you have obviously failed the 2 years out of 5 years residency obligation.

To travel back to Canada you either need a valid PR card or a PRTD. If you apply for a PRTD then it is likely the process to revoke your PR status will be started for failing the residency obligation and obviously you cannot renew your PR card either, same result even if you could renew from outside Canada which you cannot

Your only option if you have a US visa to try to enter via the US/Canada land border with your expired PR card but having been away so long the chances of being reported leading go your PR status being revoked are high. If not reported you would need to stay in Canada for 2 years minimum without leaving before you can renew your PR card.

Other than that you could renounce your PR status and apply for PR from the beginning again

Of course with the various travel restrictions due to COVID including the US/Canada border being closed at least until end September for non essential travel nothing will be easy.

Note here you say your spouse sponsored you in 2016

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sponsoring-dependent-child.442057/

Here you imply you cannot leave Canada in 2017

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/unaccompanied-minor-entering-canada.478130/

So your post makes little sense that you have not been in Canada since 2012

Last edited:
Reactions: win189

dtm

Aug 4, 2016
After all this time you have obviously failed the 2 years out of 5 years residency obligation.

To travel back to Canada you either need a valid PR card or a PRTD. If you apply for a PRTD then it is likely the process to revoke your PR status will be started for failing the residency obligation and obviously you cannot renew your PR card either, same result even if you could renew from outside Canada which you cannot

Your only option if you have a US visa to try to enter via the US/Canada land border with your expired PR card but having been away so long the chances of being reported leading go your PR status being revoked are high. If not reported you would need to stay in Canada for 2 years minimum without leaving before you can renew your PR card.

Other than that you could renounce your PR status and apply for PR from the beginning again

Of course with the various travel restrictions due to COVID including the US/Canada border being closed at least until end September for non essential travel nothing will be easy.

Note here you say you spouse sponsored you in 2016

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sponsoring-dependent-child.442057/

Here you imply you cannot leave Canada in 2017

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/unaccompanied-minor-entering-canada.478130/

So your post makes little sense
Hi,
I know you are referencing me back to a previous question I asked with a different topic. Both topics are legit because I am helping friends with their applications. Hope I didn't violate forums by not saying I was helping or asking for someone.

That being said your information was helpful but based on the information I read on IMM5524E I am going to tell them to use the humanitarian grounds approach. The person does have growths kids here, but he had just went back to retire because he couldn't adjust to Canada at the time