+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I know you are referencing me back to a previous question I asked with a different topic. Both topics are legit because I am helping friends with their applications. Hope I didn't violate forums by not saying I was helping or asking for someone.

That being said your information was helpful but based on the information I read on IMM5524E I am going to tell them to use the humanitarian grounds approach. The person does have growths kids here, but he had just went back to retire because he couldn't adjust to Canada at the time
If you have violated, then the moderator should have remove it. So you are good.

However, I suggest you create a new member for every friend you help with their applications. This will make less confusion.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone!

I’m sponsoring my wife and her dependent child and they finally gottheir CoPR’s and we are ready to go to Canada (I’m currently with them). Our destination is Montreal and I have ourCSQ’s for Quebec as well.

We decided to buy flights to Edmonton instead of Montreal and spend a two week holiday there as my mother livesin AB and would like us to visit her before we settle in QC.

Since our final destination is QC and we will put our address in QC down for where to send the PR cards, will we have any problems for our Port of Entry as AB and not QC? Would she still have to give the CSQ’s to the immigration officer in Edmonton and canthey justgive her the landed status there? I know many people land in other Port of Entry’s which isn’t on their application. Besides she got her PR through family sponsorship and not through any provincial program. I know technically once she goes through the customs she will be considered a landed immigrant and be entitled to the Canadian charter of rights which allows her to live and travel freely throughout Canada. I just want to make sure she and herdependent child can land in AB and visit my family like a holiday for a couple weeks before we go to QC. Will they ask for a flight ticket to QC from AB? Also what’s the worst case scenario if there’s a problem?

many thanks
You should have proof that she will be travelling on to Quebec. She will also have to quarantine for 14 days so probably not an ideal time to visit unless everyone is willing to quarantine in the house with her and there are no other vulnerable people (elderly, immunocompromised/chronically ill/lung diseases, pregnant women or babies. Given that she applied for the Quebec PGP program which has very different requirements she should remain in Quebec at the very minimum for a few months.

dtm

Aug 4, 2016
If you have violated, then the moderator should have remove it. So you are good.

However, I suggest you create a new member for every friend you help with their applications. This will make less confusion.
Thank you very much.

SidhuSD

Aug 21, 2021
Category........
Other
No. Only US and Canadian bank statements are accepted. They do at time accept the statements if they are from multinational banks (like HSBC, Citibank, etc.) from other countries, however don't take a risk. Get a demand draft made and cancel it once you are back in Sri lanka.

Regards,
U mean to say if I take a bank statement or certificate of Indian Bank it will not be accepted? Draft is required ? .. and in case of 10000 rule . Only cash is counted or bank statement/certificate/draft too ?

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hey all! Must the proof of funds letter contain your loans too? Can you still land if you do have loans outstanding?
You can read here

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

It says

Letter(s) must
  • be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months
So clearly the letter must list all outstanding debts.

There is no problem in landing even if you have an outstanding loan. In my opinion you dont need a letter when you land. I have never seen anyone needing one. At worst you need funds in a bank account in home country and method to show in app or online banking that you have access to these funds. Even that is almost never asked. Don't overthink and get stressed about POF for landing. POF is however needed in application phase. Which phase are you in right now ?

manideeplanka

Apr 15, 2019
I’m coming from India and I have funds in my home country’s bank account. That’s what I’ll show. And I am planning to carry just 500CAD in a forex card. Hope that’s okay?

I have the CoPR with me and a one-time visa for landing. Waiting to land in Canada now just for stamping.

manideeplanka

Apr 15, 2019
No. Only US and Canadian bank statements are accepted. They do at time accept the statements if they are from multinational banks (like HSBC, Citibank, etc.) from other countries, however don't take a risk. Get a demand draft made and cancel it once you are back in Sri lanka.

Regards,
What!? Is this true? I am under the impression I can show a proof of funds letter from my bank with the details asked as per the format. (I'm from India)

pixydust

Feb 16, 2022
I would like to ask about including information about open permit for spouse entering Canada and at the port of entry having NOC O, NOC A, and NOC B.
  1. Can she/he get an open work permit immediately upon arrival at the airport?
  2. What documents are required?
  3. How long it may take for complete process?
Note: In my case I will be entering from the US as spouse.

RoonieW

Jan 31, 2022
Very helpful, I do recommend using Airbnb for short stay accommodation, usually you can find monthly stays which should be nice enough for a family to find an apartment.

Rahman203

Apr 25, 2022
Hi all
I have applied before marriage and later added my wife to my application. I recently received my COPR. However, the details of my wife or the documents I have submitted for her haven't been acknowledged by IRCC yet and there has been no change in my profile regarding my marital status. My question is; can I go alone now as I received my COPR and later wait for my wife's processing to finish so that she can then come to Canada?

snow2_00_2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Dear all, which is a good area in Ontario/Mississauga with good schools and reasonable rent to stay for a few months after landing? Please share your thoughts/experiences.