+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Feb 7, 2019
1) I did multiple shipments (more than once)
2) At landing, no need to declare ownership and bank accounts
@steaky for your multiple shipments how did you do it, one Goods to follow list and marked off what was on each shipment when it arrived. Or multiple Goods to follow lists, one for each shipment?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yeah i did that too..wanted to get confirmation from the embassy but they dont provide such info.

There was a flight via Frankfurt and upon inquiring german embassy they say no need but the lay over was 2.15hrs so dropped the idea thinking it was risky cuz of any flight delays from the previous flight or the hassle for going through check in again.. the price was cheaper than Heathrow also..dont know what to do
You don't need a visa to transit through Heathrow if you have a valid Canadian visa and a short (less than 24 hour) layover. Nor do you need one through Frankfurt or Munich.

2.5 hours is not a bad layover, I've done shorter, but if you're travelling for the first time and you have family (small kids?), then a slightly longer layover would be better.

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
I plan to travel via Heathrow airport for landing at Canada with my family
Please advice
1. Being a Pakistani.. any need for a transit visa on the basis of IM1 visa if I am not leaving the airport?
2. How much minimum layover should I keep between the connecting flights?
3. Will I have to claim and check in the baggage along with security checks andimmigration/border control during transit?
1. unless travelling via US, no need of transit visa
2. around 2-3 hours is better. 2.5- 3 hrs I would say ideal if you are not a frequent traveller and with family.
3.Generally no need to claim baggage in transit. If you are not sure you can ask it from flight crew :). You will have to go through security check when you transit and it is normal

shalva

May 27, 2019
hello,
Would it cause any problem if in the visa application purpose of travel and itinerary of flight I showed Mexico city-Montreal-Ottawa but at the time of the travel I decided to change Itinerary to enter in Montreal (Mexico city-Montreal) can i? TRV
thanks in advance

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Need Help

Does immigration officer question about age to d dependent who is 30 years old at poe who was at the time of filling only 18.
Please answer
It took you 12 years from filing to getting the PR? Can you give some more details?

Reactions: Dr Seun

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear seniors,

I will be entering Canada with apermanent resident travel document, since my PR expired (death of a family member) and yes I meet the RO requirement. So can I open a bank account with a PRTD?
2) My child who is on TRP, being sponsored, is she eligible for health and child care benefits? When we land in Canada?
Many thanks,

alidam

Jun 13, 2019
Hi, may I ask when did you get TRP for your little one and how long did it take? We are in the process and would love a time line. Thanks.

Hope you get answers to your questions soon.

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Sorry I meant to say were waiting for her TRP to be approved. Can anyone please reply to my queries.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Dear seniors,

I will be entering Canada with apermanent resident travel document, since my PR expired (death of a family member) and yes I meet the RO requirement. So can I open a bank account with a PRTD?
2) My child who is on TRP, being sponsored, is she eligible for health and child care benefits? When we land in Canada?
Many thanks,
If you have a SIN number, you will be able to open a bank account with your SIN, your passport, and one more piece of ID. Your PR card (even expired) may work, your CoPR will definitely work. PRTD may work as well. Banks are usually helpful in cases like this, I'm sure you'll be able to have some form of ID that works.

No, your daughter will not be eligible for any benefits till she becomes a PR. If you are concerned about health care costs, you should buy health insurance for her.

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
What if my CoPR is from 2013, even it it's old will it do? My husnamd still has his driving license but the address on it has to be changed? Is that alright too?
Many thanks as I have been getting anxious since some say PR should be valid?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
What if my CoPR is from 2013, even it it's old will it do? My husnamd still has his driving license but the address on it has to be changed? Is that alright too?
Many thanks as I have been getting anxious since some say PR should be valid?
Old CoPR will work. A License works as well. Just go talk to the bank instead of worrying.

Reactions: 111

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Thank you so much. What a relief!!!

Krisleen

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Kindly respond...

I m a dependent in family class sponsorship who is also on study permit from last two years in Alberta ...I am in confusion for completing my landing...As i understand that there r 3 ways...
1)flagpole
2)Interview with local immigration officer in ur province
3)fly back to ur country & complete landing with PA

Which is the best option for me?
If I flagpole....then are the typical questions that they ask while crossing the usa border ?

Kindly reply if anybody knows about my queries

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kindly respond...

I m a dependent in family class sponsorship who is also on study permit from last two years in Alberta ...I am in confusion for completing my landing...As i understand that there r 3 ways...
1)flagpole
2)Interview with local immigration officer in ur province
3)fly back to ur country & complete landing with PA

Which is the best option for me?
If I flagpole....then are the typical questions that they ask while crossing the usa border ?

Kindly reply if anybody knows about my queries
Do you have any travel plans? If not, option 2 might be the best.