+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Isn't good to follow list only valid for a year? I mean whatever you list on it...should arrive in canada within a year or else the 'no custom' doesn't apply??
Thats what we have been told by our representatives and cic website seems to suggest this too.
Can you please shed some light on this??
There is no such one year limit. I've myself brought-in the listed things till three-four years.

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
All You Need to Know About Landing...

Hi

PROCEDURE AT THE POE:

At the Immigration Counter:
The IO here will scrutinize our Passport/s & COPRs. He would [sometimes may not] ask to see our POF. Most of the times the officer will not count the 'actual' money & accept what we say. But, no false pretensions there. S/he will then fill some portions of the COPR & ask us to sign it, wherein it'll be attached on our passport. We'll be asked to fill-in the 'PR Card Application Form' & give an address where our PR cards will be forwarded within 3-6 weeks. Thereby, s/he would 'Welcome us to Canada' and direct us to another office.

PR CARDS (PRC):
Your PR Card application (IMM 5444E) shall be done at the POE itself. It is part of the PR package [free] and the photos & details will be the same as you supplied for the PPR. Our PR Card/s come back to us via regular post mail, in 3-6 weeks, avg. 4 weeks. It is 'advisable' to stay in Canada for at least 45 days, collect our PRC and then return back [if you must].

If you leave the country before it arrives, u'll have to make arrangements for its collection & forward delivery to you, overseas, thru a friend/relative [Not a Recommended Action], however, done all the time by ppl. But there is a danger of losing it in transit. And if that happens, we'll have a tedious process to get new ones made.

How To Enter Canada W/Out A PR Card:
As per IATA & CBSA regulations, we cannot enter Canada w/out a PRC. However, if we are entering thru a Border Post by road, it doesn't matter -our COPR is enough for entry/exit. But, if we are travelling by an airline & boarding/entering thru an a/port we will Not be Permitted. At the embarkation port itself we will be Stopped by the airline staff.

The process in such cases is to apply for a 'PRTD-A31 (3)' [Temporary 'PR Travel Document'] at the local CHC [abroad]. It costs Ca$50. Details of it is provided at the 'Manual for Permanent Resident Card' (ENF 27).

Procedure Of PR Card Application:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5445E.PDF

NOTE: The PRC is probably the 'most important' document after we are thru with our PR application process. This is valid for 5 yrs. First time: Free; Renewals cost $50/card.

I hope I've addressed most issues, if not all... to ease the process of our landing. If I missed out anything or if something is wrongly put, plz notify. Also other members who have more info to add may kindly post theirs under this thread, for the benefit of everyone.

All the best, buddies !
QORAX

Hello buddy. I did my soft landing on 3rd Feb and I guess the VO filled up my PR card form and submitted online. However, now when I am trying to look it up on CIC website, I do not see any application. Even when I am trying to link my PR card application with EE profile, I am not getting any information. It keeps saying no application found.

I though the first time PR cards application was done automatically and we do not need to do anything. Any help on the same would be great.

jackphoneix

Jul 29, 2016
Hi guys,
I have a few pre-departure questions. I would highly appreciate if you guys can share your thoughts on the same. Thanks!

1. Are there any pre-arrival services that you found particularly useful and would highly recommend?

2. Any recommendations for the Insurance companies/plans for the 3-month waiting period?

3. RBC vs Scotiabank, your reasons for a preference, if any? Also, is it advisable to open an account and transfer the funds before I fly or doing it post landing and then wiring the money is better? In the latter case, will the stamped bank statement from my home country suffice as POF on landing?

4. Since I've already had my ECA done and I am in a non-regulated profession, should I still take my transcripts along(will have to get it from the Uni), just in case? or will Degree and Marksheets suffice?

5. What about the Birth Certificate? Is it mandatory in some circumstances or can it be mostly substituted by any other document of identification.The one I have doesn't have any name on it. Dad says that's how it was done back in the days. So, I'm not sure how useful it would be even if I do take it along? If its really important, I might have to run around and get it in order.

@steaky and @qorax
Look forward to your valuable inputs. Thank you.

rmsb0079

Feb 9, 2017
Hello,

My initial entry visa is valid until the 9th of April and I am planning to land on the 1st of April. My medicals were done on April 8th 2017.

My question is, is my landing plan okay as it is hardly 1 week before the expiry date? Will I be asked for my medicals again?

Also, can what are the acceptable documents for PoF? Will an Indian bank statement under my name suffice?

Thanks in advance!

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Hello,

My initial entry visa is valid until the 9th of April and I am planning to land on the 1st of April. My medicals were done on April 8th 2017.

My question is, is my landing plan okay as it is hardly 1 week before the expiry date? Will I be asked for my medicals again?

Also, can what are the acceptable documents for PoF? Will an Indian bank statement under my name suffice?

Thanks in advance!
You can land on the same day medicals expire

Reactions: rmsb0079

Oluwadarasimi

Mar 13, 2018
Good day guys,
I will be arriving in edmonton on may 30th.
Kindly assist with the landing requirements...... as in will there be any payments and other documentation.

Thank you

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
Alright... I did my Soft Landing Monday, 26th March. It was smooth. Landed around 5 PM at Toronto Pearson, and got out from airport 7 PM, took the Union Pearson Express and got to my downtown hotel by 8 PM.
As I touched the airport, just followed the sign for Non-Candian / US passports at immigration.
The Immigration officer checked my Passport & Declaration Card that I had filled in the flight, marked the Declaration Card with a couple of pink markers and directed me to the Immigration room. It was a long queue of at least 50 people when I entered, which took some time to clear before I could get to one of the officers.
He just asked for my passport, both the copies of CoPR, and the declaration card asked me to sign my CoPRs at three places and gave me one copy back along with my passport. He also gave me the Address Notification form that I needed to fill with local address and Fax to a specific number. I asked him to take my address there only but he insisted I fill the form and fax it to them later.
Another option was to submit the same information online, but it seems it takes some time before their systems get synced up for you to fill the information online. So I just faxed the form with the hope that concerned authorities have received it.

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
Good day guys,
I will be arriving in edmonton on may 30th.
Kindly assist with the landing requirements...... as in will there be any payments and other documentation.

Thank you
Please go through the posts in the thread and you will get the answers to almost all your questions.
Even then if you have a question please feel free to post...
hope this helps.

Apr 2, 2018
Dear Qorax,

Many thanks for your efforts in organizing the above reply. You surely saved a lot of people's efforts. I am glad I found your post :)

DeepaChicIJ

Sep 25, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Express Entry
Doc's Request.
11-07-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Alright... I did my Soft Landing Monday, 26th March. It was smooth. Landed around 5 PM at Toronto Pearson, and got out from airport 7 PM, took the Union Pearson Express and got to my downtown hotel by 8 PM.
As I touched the airport, just followed the sign for Non-Candian / US passports at immigration.
The Immigration officer checked my Passport & Declaration Card that I had filled in the flight, marked the Declaration Card with a couple of pink markers and directed me to the Immigration room. It was a long queue of at least 50 people when I entered, which took some time to clear before I could get to one of the officers.
He just asked for my passport, both the copies of CoPR, and the declaration card asked me to sign my CoPRs at three places and gave me one copy back along with my passport. He also gave me the Address Notification form that I needed to fill with local address and Fax to a specific number. I asked him to take my address there only but he insisted I fill the form and fax it to them later.
Another option was to submit the same information online, but it seems it takes some time before their systems get synced up for you to fill the information online. So I just faxed the form with the hope that concerned authorities have received it.

Could you tell me the fax number and which form is it? Does it have a number?