+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
If we carry balance certificate from the banks of native country as proof of funds, is there a problem while landing? I intend to not to convert all my money before hand. After I land I will create an account in a Canadian bank and transfer the funds by wire transfer. Is that acceptable by CBSA OR we have to convert the funds to a Demand Draft or forex card and carry along with us.
Balance certificates are not acceptable. It won't be reflected in your FINTRACK.

Reactions: reify and azazaz

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You get your SIN (number) on the spot while applying. The 'card' takes a while to reach your mailbox.
Welcome back bro. Is the “card” still issued? Many here report that the cards are no longer issued.

Reactions: qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
They don't issue SIN cards anymore...just a paper printout with the number.
Thanks for that update buddy. In any case we will never 'need' that card ever physically. Mine has been permanently kept in the 'important documents' locker and has never been retrieved in the last eight yrs. :)

Reactions: azazaz

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Thanks for that update buddy. In any case we will never 'need' that card ever physically. Mine has been permanently kept in the 'important documents' locker and has never been retrieved in the last eight yrs. :)
Very true :)

Welcome back by the way, i'm one of the many who benefited a lot from your terrific posts! ;)

T_ING

Apr 6, 2017
My 2 cents...

Did soft landing 2 days ago, I live in US.

I carried with me the below:
1. Passport with stamped Visa. -off course
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carried it filled pre-printed - WAS totally NOT NEEDED.
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). - Officer totally missed this. i had to remind him and asked him to stamp jewelry pictures.
7. Goods Accompanying List. - i said NONE.

After landing:

8. Went and applied SIN at Service Canada centre. - NO NEED to fill any paper forms.

Then opened bank account - monthly fee was waived for 9 months (ask for newcomer discount and show landing papers) on RBC - No limit account.

Hope this helps. thanks a lot to this forum and the extremely helpful people and information I have found here. you guys rock!!

Hi AJ
Thank you for your feedback.
Just some questions: What about the proof of payments? Did they ask you? What did you carry, balance letter or statement?
I have read through this forum but I have not understood exactly about Goods to follow and accompanying lists. Please specify.

Your answer is very appreciated.
Taulant

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I am carrying bank statement showing sufficient funds in UAE Dirhams. Will this be accepted?
Technically, no. You see, Canada needs to "see" what you are "bringing in" while becoming a Canadian. And will that assist you in settling down here right now. Financial statements from abroad could be (1)fictitious and (2)indicate you've no intention of settling down, at least now. Which also might not move forward your PR card/s.

Your "intentions" are very important.

Now, it's another matter whether you'll be let in or not. I've observed that some IO's sometimes do let in people without physically accountable funds. But the risk is not worth taking. In any case, if you're coming to Canada - funds (as much as you can bring) WILL BE NEEDED. This is a very expensive place, especially for folks coming from non first world countries.

nitin15in

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
Hi,
I made a soft landing in Dec last year and now am back in UK. I have started applying to Canadian companies and wish to give a local number for them to contact me, but one that I can use from UK. Do not want to go into roaming as it is very expensive. Does anyone know of cheaper options?
Thanks.
Try Vonage

Reactions: pranab24

Avish13192

Oct 27, 2017
I have Canada PR but While Landing if I am asked to show proof of funds in Canada, Can I show the Fixed deposit I submitted while filling the application or I would need to break the Fixed deposit and have in my account? Else can please someone suggest me the ways in which proof of funds can be shown while landing

Binette

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
United States
App. Filed.......
January 25th 2017
Nomination.....
13-02-2017
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2017
LANDED..........
Feb 8th 2018
I have Canada PR but While Landing if I am asked to show proof of funds in Canada, Can I show the Fixed deposit I submitted while filling the application or I would need to break the Fixed deposit and have in my account? Else can please someone suggest me the ways in which proof of funds can be shown while landing
I was not asked for proof of funds when l landed on February 8th 2018, but l did took with me a statement letter from my bank and my bank statements.

Akirahin1979

Jun 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2017
@qorax
Hi Qorax, thanks for so much info, its big help!
I have a question on carrying funds to Canada. As per CIC, for a family of 4 we need to show that we have 23,181 CAD.
My question is if we need to make a draft and bring this money for landing or can we bring cash in CAD for landing?
What's the entitlement? As 2 adults and 2 kids can we take 10,000+10,000+ 2,000+2,000 CAD = 24,000 CAD without declaring it?
Please help to reply.