+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
Voolate said:
Hi! I just received my PPR yesterday. Is it ok if I land in Canada and stay their for a month and go back to my work( outside Canada) and be back after 1 year? My friend who also recently transferred to Canada said I should be back in Canada within 6 months time so as not to have a problem with my PR.

Would there be any problem because from what I know is that I only need to complete my 2yrs living in Canada within 5 yrs.

Thanks for your help.

You are very fine with that.

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
Hi i am landing on 19th april. I have 3 identical passport size photos with me that are exactly the same as pasted on my copr.

Do i need more passport photos?

Can i have different size passport photos with a different background but latest picture to provide the immigration authorities upon request at the time of landing?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I need help on few questions

1)

I would be bringing packaged food for few days.

There is a question in Declaration Form( e311) which says

"Meat, fish, seafood, eggs, dairy products, fruits,
vegetables
, seeds, nuts, plants, flowers, wood,
animals, birds, insects, and any parts, products or
by-products of any of the foregoing."

Do I need to answer this as "Yes"? Can it be a problem at port of entry?

2)
In the goods to follow list, I have mentioned Jewellry as one item and intend to declare total value of all jewelery I will bring later, however there are multiple jewellery items. Hope I don't have to provide breakdown of all jewellery items

3) Can I bring Homeopathy medicines, they don't come in nice packaging which shows manufacture, date, lot etc..

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

1)

vegetables

2)
In the goods to follow list, I have mentioned Jewellry as one item and intend to declare total value of all jewelery I will bring later, however there are multiple jewellery items. Hope I don't have to provide breakdown of all jewellery items

3) Can I bring Homeopathy medicines, they don't come in nice packaging which shows manufacture, date, lot etc..

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
amis said:
But what if the parents have some personal issues and cannot get the baby delivered in Canada? Also sponsorship takes 12-13 months by that time my wife's PR will get invalid . What should be done in a situation like this? Also do you know anybody who applied for a TRV/TRP and got rejected/Approved.?
Thanks for your inputs.
Me and my wife have received our CoPRs but we haven't landed in Canada to activate our PRs. My wife is expecting in June, however our CoPRs expire in May. So I was in a dilemma since I also cannot go to Canada and have the baby delivered there. There's also no point in applying for TRV/TRP as it will be rejected.

So what I did is I emailed my local visa office and explained them my situation. I told them I can land in Canada after the birth of my child. My local visa office then allowed me to have my child delivered in my home country and asked me to provide them documents (birth certificate, passport copy, updated funds, new medicals etc etc) once the child is born. If every document is in order they said that they will add my child to my application and issue all 3 of us new COPRs. For me this is the best solution.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
Hi,

1)

vegetables

2)

1) Best not bring any packaged food that contains above ingredients otherwise expect going to secondary and have the things discarded. If you don't declare and they find out, you might be fined.

2) It is fine

3) Any prescription Letter?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
1) Best not bring any packaged food that contains above ingredients otherwise expect going to secondary and have the things discarded. If you don't declare and they find out, you might be fined.

2) It is fine

3) Any prescription Letter? -- They give a receipt of medicine name and clinic/doctor namea along with dosage

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
emamabd said:
What's more important for a newcomer? A free locker vs "building credit history + safe way to transport remaining funds"?
Well, he is NOT going to stay in Canada (for whatever period of time anyway) so how would the credit history build up; genuine question. You can, from some countries, open a bank account online (for instance, under ScotiaBank Start Right program) where you are allowed a one time deposit of funds before the date of travel. So, the issue of "safely transporting funds" is covered here.

If the applicant is doing a short landing and is planning in coming back for a couple of months, then it might be okay. If he is going to return after a year or so, I don't know - This doesn't seem like a good idea IMO. Really a personal choice though!

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
guys i am landing tomorrow. Urgent questions please answer

1) Do i need passport photos that are 100% identical to my COPR photo?

2) Do i need to show POF with a canadian bank account or Indian Bank account will do fine?

3) Do i need to declare clothes with me in the B4 form?

Please urgently reply.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kaizadhans said:
guys i am landing tomorrow. Urgent questions please answer

1) Do i need passport photos that are 100% identical to my COPR photo?

You don't necessarily have to carry the same photo but you can click new photos with the same dimensions and carry them.

2) Do i need to show POF with a canadian bank account or Indian Bank account will do fine?

Nit necessarily with a Canadian bank. You can carry some cash, DD etc. You can have the rest of the funds in the bank account in your country and carry a recent statement. If the officer asks, you can produce that.

3) Do i need to declare clothes with me in the B4 form?

Declare the total value of things that you are carrying (Goods accompanying) AND goods that you will import in the future (Goods to follow).

Please urgently reply.

shazfa

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Doc's Request.
10-01-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
05-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
11-03-2017
Passport Req..
03-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
Guys,

Could you anyone advise that for newcomers coming to Canada, should they bring blankets with them or is it better to buy it out from Canada ?

Thanks.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shazfa said:
Guys,

Could you anyone advise that for newcomers coming to Canada, should they bring blankets with them or is it better to buy it out from Canada ?

Thanks.
Whatever I have got to know warm clothes from outside countries are of no use there.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shazfa said:
Guys,

Thanks.
You can buy an inexpensive one for immediate use but when you want to get ready for a Canadian winter, I hear you gotta buy it from Canada.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
shazfa said:
Guys,

Thanks.
Since all rented premises are heated during winter (by law for Eastern Provinces) a simple blanket should help. What you should be worried about is the jacket (depending on when you are planning to land). If you are landing during winter (Dec - Mar), wear couple of layers and a good jacket that you can find in your home country.

Invest in a better winter jacket once you land.

If you are landing during Fall (Aug-Nov) or Spring (Apr - May) a light jacket should help.
Summer (Jun -July) land with shorts and t-shirts !

SolR

Apr 4, 2017
kaizadhans said:
Hi i am landing on 19th april. I have 3 identical passport size photos with me that are exactly the same as pasted on my copr.

Do i need more passport photos?

Can i have different size passport photos with a different background but latest picture to provide the immigration authorities upon request at the time of landing?
Hi kaizadhans, first of all congratulations on your permanent residency already. Just to give you a background, I'm a PR in Canada since 2015. To help you answer your question, you don't need passport photos anymore as long as you followed the standard permanent resident photos stated by the IRCC. May mga ibang cases kasi na hindi clear ang photo, and IRCC would request another passport photo from you. Pag ganun ang nangyari, your permanent resident card will be delayed and instead of the standard 45-50 days it can take 3 months or more bago maipadala ang PR card mo.

So to answer your next question, you can bring additional passport photos but please make sure it's still under the standards set by the IRCC.

Hope this helps and good luck.