+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

SZ84

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-OCT-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
17-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-Jan-2015
Med's Request
29-July-2015
Med's Done....
28-August-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-NOV-2015
LANDED..........
08-March-2016
Good Day everyone.
I need some help regarding filling out Form B4A (Good to Follow).
I want to declare my Wife's jewelry on good to follow list (price around 25,000CAD). as i do not want to carry them straight away and will bring it to Canada on a later date.

Question-1: Do i have to carry the pictures of the jewelry which i will declare on goods to follow list ?

Question-2: Will the immigration officer stamp the pictures of the jewelry declared on "good to follow List?

Has anyone on this group has done this in the past..

any help on this will be great.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
guru1984 said:
I have been travelled to canada with less than 6 month validity of passport.
My passport expires in July,16 & i booked ticket from Turkish Airlines for dates 18th April - 1st May.
Can anybody please guide me whether i can travel with same passport without any issue.
I checked with Airline they are ok to board me with same passport.
What about Immigration dept. they will allow or not.
is it difficult to get it renewed? why not avoid the hassle

alphino

Nov 7, 2014
Guys I am confused about the B4 Form ?

I am going to have short landing, for the first time, in February and will be returning a month later to my home country to complete my job project.After 6 month, I will come back to Canada for long term settlement.
But on B4 form there is a section which should be signed and states :

" I am entering Canada with the intention of establishing, for the first time, a permanent residence for a period in excess of 12 months and I arrived in Canada on ___________." quote from form B4.

I have heard that the officer might refuse confirming your PR status if he/she knows that you intent to stay for a short vist. is it true ?

I they ask me for how long you are going to stay What should be my response ?
I have already purchased my return flight ticket and have a copy with me. If I want to be safe and I respond that I intent to stay in Canada for about 1 year. Is there a way they can find out about my return ticket ?

Can you please help my out I am so stressed out about this problem.
Can I just Skip and do not fill the B4 form ,So I dont have to sign anything about my intention ?

ashishv

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi -> Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
alphino said:
Guys I am confused about the B4 Form ?

I am going to have short landing, for the first time, in February and will be returning a month later to my home country to complete my job project.After 6 month, I will come back to Canada for long term settlement.
But on B4 form there is a section which should be signed and states :

" I am entering Canada with the intention of establishing, for the first time, a permanent residence for a period in excess of 12 months and I arrived in Canada on ___________." quote from form B4.

I have heard that the officer might refuse confirming your PR status if he/she knows that you intent to stay for a short vist. is it true ?

I they ask me for how long you are going to stay What should be my response ?
I have already purchased my return flight ticket and have a copy with me. If I want to be safe and I respond that I intent to stay in Canada for about 1 year. Is there a way they can find out about my return ticket ?

Can you please help my out I am so stressed out about this problem.
Can I just Skip and do not fill the B4 form ,So I dont have to sign anything about my intention ?
B4 form is not mandatory. You can skip it.

hoping_15

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/06/2014
Doc's Request.
26/02/2015
Nomination.....
23/10/2014
AOR Received.
28/11/2015
Med's Request
23/09/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/15
Passport Req..
19/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
30/10/2015
LANDED..........
Dear Seniors,

We're (family of 4, 2 adult & 2 kids) landing in April'16 for the first time. But confuse about fund; How much are tax free?

Please guide.

Thanks.

fsw2014 batch

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
any suggestions on which insurance company is good? experiences with companies will be very beneficial. planning on landing in ontario

shakthi17

Dec 21, 2014
Hello All

Good Day!

I got my Visa stamped , I need few clarifications on the first time entry to Canada

1. Is it mandatory that both principal applicant and spouse need to enter Canada at the same time?
2. If spouse enters Canada later, whether the PR Card for spouse and principal applicant receives at same time?
3. how many days maximum it takes to receive PR card?
4. Is it mandatory both Principal applicant and spouse availability in Canada till getting the PR card?
5. While entering Canada do we need to fill the address where the PR card need to send? Can we communicate the correct address to send later?
6. As my spouse is working in US, can he enters first time through his own transportation , Car and the port of entry will be checked accordingly?
7. if my spouse passport gets renewed before entering Canada, is it fine the COPR is referring the old passport where the visa is stamped ?

Please let me know, thank you

msa22

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
19-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
/Photo requested: 05-Feb-2015
Med's Request
03-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
14-Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted in ADVO: 19-Oct-2015, Received with visa: 28-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
28-Nov-15
Attention: Anyone who has an enquiry on mailing PR Card outside Canada

PR cards for my family were issued & sent in normal course to a friend's address in Toronto and he sent me the same to Dubai by FedEx priority courier. The pack reached Dubai in 4 days. I used Dubai residential address, the delivery man called me in my mobile and handed over the pack at home.

My point is it's always better to get it through someone you know personally or carries himself. But even a FedEx courier can also do the job!

Cheers!!!

sanjeevg

Jun 25, 2014
Hello Experts,

Please help me with the below Query:-

1. I am a FSW Applicant and going to do my first landing this month. I am going to Halifax via Toronto and flying through Lufthasa from new Delhi India.
I have Halt of 3-4 hours at Toronoto.

Query is Whether I need to do landing Formalities at Toronto or at my Final port halifax ? Also , whether at New Delhi I will get Boarding pass till halifax or Toronto.

I am really confused because if landing Formalities at Toronto then I should get Baggage at Toronto to complete the Landing Formalities.

How much time is sufficient at Torornto to complete all the formalities for Family of 3 memebers

regards
Sanjeev

ashishv

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi -> Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Hi

I can not answer all of your questions but some:

shakthi17 said:
Hello All

Good Day!

I got my Visa stamped , I need few clarifications on the first time entry to Canada

1. Is it mandatory that both principal applicant and spouse need to enter Canada at the same time?
NO
2. If spouse enters Canada later, whether the PR Card for spouse and principal applicant receives at same time?
3. how many days maximum it takes to receive PR card? It has been more than a month for me and I am still waiting. As said it generally takes 2-3 months.
4. Is it mandatory both Principal applicant and spouse availability in Canada till getting the PR card?
5. While entering Canada do we need to fill the address where the PR card need to send? Can we communicate the correct address to send later?
The officer will ask you but incase you don't have any, simply say that you don't have an address currently. You can update your address on CIC website after you get one.
6. As my spouse is working in US, can he enters first time through his own transportation , Car and the port of entry will be checked accordingly? The Principal applicant needs to do the landing first.
7. if my spouse passport gets renewed before entering Canada, is it fine the COPR is referring the old passport where the visa is stamped ?
Drop an email to your VO and check with them. They are the best people to answer you correctly. If they say that you can go ahead, simply carry the print out of that email with you.

Please let me know, thank you

oman_n

Dec 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-14
Doc's Request.
11-06-15
Nomination.....
19-01-15
AOR Received.
09-03-15
IELTS Request
along with application
File Transfer...
09-03-15
Med's Request
12-06-15
Med's Done....
20-06-15 (TLU 30th June 15)
Interview........
(DM on 17th July 2015)
Passport Req..
01-09-2015 (Submitted to VFS Muscat on 3rd Sep)
VISA ISSUED...
07/10/2015 (Passport received Visa date 17/07/15)
Hi,
myself with spouse and kid are going to land on 26th march 2016 at Calgary. The stay will be for week time to conclude the formalities.
I know that B4A form to fill against the items I'm carrying and thing to follow.
My question is in regard of item to carry during landing. As I'm going for short stay, will be carrying only cloths needed for stay and support my trip as tourist. Do I need to declere Camera or mobile whicl will accompany me during the say and will be bcal along with me.

Please advise to support me for filling the form.

sanjeevg

Jun 25, 2014
Please reply

Hello Experts,

1. I am a FSW Applicant and going to do my first landing this month. I am going to Halifax via Toronto and flying through Lufthasa from new Delhi India.

Query is Whether I need to do landing Formalities at Toronto or at my Final port halifax ? Also , whether at New Delhi I will get Boarding pass till halifax or Toronto.

I am really confused because if landing Formalities at Toronto then I should get Baggage at Toronto to complete the Landing Formalities.

How much time is sufficient at Torornto to complete all the formalities for Family of 3 memebers

regards
Sanjeev

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
sanjeevg said:
Please reply

Hello Experts,

regards
Sanjeev
Immigration is always done at the POE (Port of Entry) which is Toronto for you.
You will get all Boarding pass till Halifax if its all in one ticket.
Depending on the time of ur flight arrival, but i think 3-4 hours shud be fine.
Regarding the baggage thing, just check with AIrlines

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
sanjeevg said:
Please reply

Hello Experts,

regards
Sanjeev
Immigration is always done at the 1st point of entry into a country. For you it is Toronto.
At Pearson airport Toronto, you will first go through Passport control and Immigration counters. You will become a PR here once the officer stamps your COPR. Subsequently, you will need to collect all your luggage and go through customs, declaring goods and cash as appropriate.
Once customs is done, you will drop you baggage again to the airline check-in counter for your connecting flight to Halifax.

However, you just need to drop your baggage again, no second check in required. You will get all your boarding passes when you check in at IGIA Delhi.