+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
ashishv said:
Hi

I can not answer all of your questions but some:
And I will add some more.

2. If spouse enters Canada later, whether the PR Card for spouse and principal applicant receives at same time?
No necessarily. There can be a gap of few days to a couple of weeks even if everything is right with the PR card processing.
A lot of things dictate the arrival of PR card.

4. Is it mandatory both Principal applicant and spouse availability in Canada till getting the PR card?
Not really. The cards are sent through Canada post, who will simply drop the envelopes in the letter box. Hence, you do not have to be physically present to collect it. In case Canada post is not able to drop it in the letter box, they will leave a note for the addressee to come and collect it from post office. This can make things tricky, as they will ask for ID and will not give envelope to anyone else.

landed2016

Feb 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 August 2014
Nomination.....
3 December 2014
Med's Request
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
16 July 2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
3 March 2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
msa22 said:
Attention: Anyone who has an enquiry on mailing PR Card outside Canada

PR cards for my family were issued & sent in normal course to a friend's address in Toronto and he sent me the same to Dubai by FedEx priority courier. The pack reached Dubai in 4 days. I used Dubai residential address, the delivery man called me in my mobile and handed over the pack at home.

My point is it's always better to get it through someone you know personally or carries himself. But even a FedEx courier can also do the job!

Cheers!!!
Good to know

PCJ

May 3, 2014
Hello Friends,

I am landing on 9th March in Toronto at 6pm nd have a flight to Edmonton after 2hours 20mins, this was the last flight for the day.
Please suggest how to complete landing process in 2hours and board flight to Edmonton in available time.

Samjen

Mar 29, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO moved to Colombo VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
With Application
AOR Received.
7 April 2015
IELTS Request
With Application
VISA ISSUED...
15/02/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Dear Seniors,

I have just got the CPR for my family and myself. I plan to do my landing in the month of June as I get leave from work only 2 weeks ( I will wrap up and leave for good only in a years time)

However on checking my CPR I realised there is a medical surveillance code 2.02 on it.

I did have to repeat my medicals ( since I have a patch on my lung since childhood) and all was clear. I am now worried if I will be able to complete all my formalities within the 2 week time span ....in order to get my PR card.

Would appreciate if anyone of you could help throw some light on this.

binsut

Jul 16, 2014
Hi Imm,

Did you buy insurance yet, please let me know which one is good if you get an update on the same

Regards
Binsut

imm2canada said:
Hi Seniors,

I am inquiring on medical insurance for initial 3 months and founds that ICICI is offering both travel and medical insurance for initial 3 months. Do you think taking medical insurance from ICICI is worth taking or please suggest a good travel and medical insurance company.

gouda333

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi every one

just i wan to check if some one PNP from nova scotia and in his or her first landing will be Toronto(note that they land and stay one month then return back to them country then after they will fully settle in Canada )

questions :
1- is there any problem if they stay in Toronto in first landing and not go for nova scotia
2- how they will get the PR card and other documents done on the first landing (SIN number .....)

what i heard that they should inform the visa officer in Toronto that they dont have permanent residence and after that they can update them address to receive the pr card by updating them address by FAX or online

please advise

PCJ

May 3, 2014
Hello Friends,

I am landing after 5days is it ok to carry 3500CAD or do i need to carry 10000CAD.

Please reply.

sanjeevg

Jun 25, 2014
Hello Friends,

I am holding Indian Passport and going to do first time Landing in Canada.

Can you please confirm me If I can travel to Canada via Boston (USA) without transit visa. I am planning by lufthansa airlines.

Please Reply , it is very urgent

Regards
Sanjeev

abhispat

Dec 18, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Send to CIO 20 May 2015 File Received by CIO 26 May 2015
Doc's Request.
6th September 2015
Nomination.....
21st April 2015
AOR Received.
05th August 2015
IELTS Request
Provide with application
File Transfer...
20th August 2015
Med's Request
7th September 2015
Med's Done....
15th September 2015
Passport Req..
8th Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12th Feb 2016
sanjeevg said:
Hello Friends,

I am holding Indian Passport and going to do first time Landing in Canada.

Can you please confirm me If I can travel to Canada via Boston (USA) without transit visa. I am planning by lufthansa airlines.

Please Reply , it is very urgent

Regards
Sanjeev
You will require USA transit visa if planning to transit in USA

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
That is not enuf time to complete your landing formalities.You will surely miss your flight. Look for other flights.

PCJ said:
Hello Friends,

I am landing on 9th March in Toronto at 6pm nd have a flight to Edmonton after 2hours 20mins, this was the last flight for the day.
Please suggest how to complete landing process in 2hours and board flight to Edmonton in available time.

fsqsunshine

Feb 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER:14-03-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 (Medical Received line: 14-10-2015)
Hello Friends,

I am going to do landing this weekend. Now I have a few questions. If any one can answer, it would be much appreciated :)

1. I am the primary applicant. I am doing landing first, and my husband will do it later at June. It should be ok. Right?

2. What documents I should bring with me. All I can think of is as below. Please let me know if I miss any.

1). Passport with visa
2). COPR letter
3). Proof of funds
4). family records (marriage certificate etc.)
5). Driver licences
6). Proof of address in Canada

3. I am already in Canada now. I am planning to drive to Rainbow bridge for landing. For the proof of funds, I have enough funds in my bank accounts of Canada. Can I just show them the bank statement and current balance? Do I need withdraw some cash and make it to bank draft? like $10,000 CAD. I don't want to bring cash actually, but I don't know is that ok if I just show them the statement?

Thanks for your help.

sanjeevg

Jun 25, 2014
Hello guys,

As a FSW Applicant I am not eligible to work in Quebec , Can I do first time Landing in Montreal Canada Airport ?

Please reply its urgent

Regards
Sanjeev

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Hi,
I have a few questions:

1. I want to land in April. I'm going to buy a return plane ticket to Canada, as it is much cheaper than a one way ticket. I have absolutely no intention of going back and leaving Canada in the foreseeable future. If the immigration officer at the POE gets to know somehow about the return ticket, will that cause me trouble? Can they accuse me of lying?
2. My family back in my country is going to sent me some of my stuff (winter clothing) by post after I land. Do I have to put it in the form as "goods to follow"? (I think I've already asked that question, but want to ask again for certainty).
3. How much money do I have to bring with me as a proof of funds? I'm a single person with no dependants.
4. Do I need to present any proof of address in Canada at the POE? If so, what is considered "proof of address"?
5. And one more thing, how long does the entire landing procedure take?

khurramrizvi

Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
05 June 2015
Nomination.....
07 March 2015 (PER)
Med's Request
19 August 2015
Med's Done....
31 August 2015
Interview........
bye bye
Passport Req..
14 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22 September 2015
LANDED..........
Feb or March 2016
I am very much thankful to God and the friends from this forum. I landed in calgary yesterday at 1800hrs. I took Qatar from Lahore Pakistan to Doha and Qatar A380 from Doha to Heathrow. Remarkable service, very pleasant and superb quality people and journey. From Heathrow to Calgary It was BA. very bad. Will share details later.
Calgary after a long walk a beautiful lady smiled at passport and immigration desk and after formal hello high ask few questions which I answered truthfully. I told here that I have food stuff in my luguage but everything is commercially packed, the spices and pickle bt nothing dairy or meat product. Also I told here that as I have two adult ticket so I am carrying 400 cigarettes packed and one extra pack which is in my use. she smiled and said good. then I moved to CBSA officer and he checked CORPs and stamped the passports after documentation.
CBSA officer asked ma about the funds and I said I have over 10000 CAD dollar. He asked me how much, I told him that exact figure I don't know because I have US Dollars and pounds and Paki currency too. He said I don't care give me your best idea. I gave him approximate figure and he said you know what get a Bank account tomorrow. I have everything in cash and then I told him that I have some jewelry as well. He looked at me and said are you sure "some", and I said yes for me its some because rest would be in goods to follow list. he never ask me for pictures but said do get the pictures and said welcome to Canada. enjoy.
And that is it no baggage check, no question answers, no problem, where ever I move get priority because of kids. at aiports even the security staff offer lifts to move at Heathrow and given extra care due to kids, even early boarding on planes.
Altogether I am happy, no jet lags. Just perfect.

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
What about bringing prescription/non-prescription medication to Canada?
I have a few boxes/blisters of leftover prescription medication sitting in my fridge (mostly leftover antibiotics, meds for infections), which I want to bring just in case I have an infection within the 3 months of waiting for medical insurance.
I'm also planning on bringing 6 boxes of other regular prescription medication, as I don't know how long I will have to wait for the doctor's appointment after I've obtained medical insurance.
Do I have to mention the meds in the "goods accompanying" form and price them/inform the officer about bringing them to Canada?
Will that cause any trouble at the POE? Can I have problems concerning those meds? What if I'm not allowed to bring those into Canada, will they just take them away from me, or will they start some legal procedure against me? I really don't want to break the law and be considered a criminal (and have my PR taken away).
My concern may seem strange and blown out of proportion, but I guess that in most countries prescription medication is
something as controlled substances, so they may frown upon bringing it into Canada.