+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

PCJ

May 3, 2014
alok4best said:
Luggage has to be collected at first POE and subsequently dropped again at airlines counter after completing all immigration and customs formalities.
Hi Alok,

Do i need to inform the airlines that i will be collecting my luggage and submitting again? Because the ticket was bought including the connecting flight.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
PCJ said:
Hi Alok,

Do i need to inform the airlines that i will be collecting my luggage and submitting again? Because the ticket was bought including the connecting flight.
Well, you will be getting the luggage tags at the time of boarding. At that time, you may come to know that they are booking your luggage till Edmenton or till Toronto.

Normally, they will book till Edmenton if you have purchased the ticket under single PNR from your home city to Edmenton no matter how many transits you are having. Baggage usually is shifted automatically and i believe if you have bought ticket throughout then you will get your baggage in Edmonton.

happy-go-lucky

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO (transferred to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
ECAS 2nd line update: Started processing: 10-04-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
PCC/RPRF Reciept/ Updated POF sent on 29 May 2015. Received on 1 June, 2015. Third line update in ECAS on 2nd June, 2015
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
Feb 2015
Hi Friends,

I have recieved my PR a few months back and will be landing in Canada next month. Hence, was thinking of applying for a job from here (India) itself.

Would you be having a format of Canadian CV for HR professionals/ recruitment managers, etc? Or any good resume format?

Also, what address should I mention in my CV? Indian address? Or should I put my friend/ relative's address who is already there in Canada?

Your inputs would be really appreciated :)

PCJ

May 3, 2014
rizwan150 said:
Well, you will be getting the luggage tags at the time of boarding. At that time, you may come to know that they are booking your luggage till Edmenton or till Toronto.

Normally, they will book till Edmenton if you have purchased the ticket under single PNR from your home city to Edmenton no matter how many transits you are having. Baggage usually is shifted automatically and i believe if you have bought ticket throughout then you will get your baggage in Edmonton.

Rizwan bro thanku so much for your reply. Yes it was booked under single pnr till edmonton.
My POE is toronto so do I have to show my luggage to the immigration officer? Or i can just show the Passport visa COPR B4form and proof of funds?
Please reply thankyou.

Achievement

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjeevg said:
Hello Friends,

I am holding Indian Passport and going to do first time Landing in Canada.

Can you please confirm me If I can travel to Canada via Boston (USA) without transit visa. I am planning by lufthansa airlines.

Please Reply , it is very urgent

Regards
Sanjeev
Hello Experts,

Please help me with the below Query:-

1. I am a FSW Applicant and going to do my first landing this month. I am going to Halifax via Toronto and flying through Lufthasa from new Delhi India.
I have Halt of 3-4 hours at Toronoto.

Query is Whether I need to do landing Formalities at Toronto or at my Final port halifax ? Also , whether at New Delhi I will get Boarding pass till halifax or Toronto.

I am really confused because if landing Formalities at Toronto then I should get Baggage at Toronto to complete the Landing Formalities.

How much time is sufficient at Torornto to complete all the formalities for Family of 3 memebers

regards
Sanjeev

You need to have valid visit visa (B1/B2) if you are travelling via USA to Halifax. - I am travelling via New york to Halifax.

You must land directly to Nova scotia, if you were applied Nova Scotia PNP.

PCJ

May 3, 2014
PCJ said:
Rizwan bro thanku so much for your reply. Yes it was booked under single pnr till edmonton.
My POE is toronto so do I have to show my luggage to the immigration officer? Or i can just show the Passport visa COPR B4form and proof of funds?
Please reply thankyou.
Please someone reply to this my flight is tommorrow.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PCJ said:
Please reply thankyou.
You'll need to show your luggage to customs in Toronto.

SajTom

May 8, 2013
Hello mates

This might have been asked many times before, but just confused at the moment. We will be landing on 11th March in Vancouver. Our concern is regarding the below statement

5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease

We filled the form, but there are many fields that doesn't make sense and best suited for PR Renewal. By checking other landing experience , eg : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-observations-t41271.0.html and http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/help-in-filling-imm544e-form-for-the-first-time-t124589.0.html ; there is no indication about IMM544E to be filled by the applicant and to be submitted while landing.

Kindly throw some light to help clear my doubt. Thanks.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
PCJ said:
Please someone reply to this my flight is tommorrow.
The process for International flights is same world over. In your destination country, you always have to collect luggage at the first point of entry, pass through customs, and then drop luggage again for any subsequent domestic flight.
Please understand why it is necessary:
> Domestic channels do not have any custom checks. So if airlines are allowed to transfer your luggage directly from International section of the airport to domestic section, it will enable smuggling of goods.

Hence, this is not only about first landing in Canada. The very simple rule is that the traveler must always collect all luggage at the point of entry in their destination country. The same thing will happen if you fly to India for a vacation. Lets say, you have ticket to Bangalore via Delhi.
Since Delhi is the first airport you will land at in India, you must collect your luggage, do customs and then drop the luggage again for the Delhi to Bangalore flight.
This is the process for luggage. However, you do not have to check in again. You will get all boarding passes at the originating airport.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
SajTom said:
Hello mates

This might have been asked many times before, but just confused at the moment. We will be landing on 11th March in Vancouver. Our concern is regarding the below statement

5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease

We filled the form, but there are many fields that doesn't make sense and best suited for PR Renewal. By checking other landing experience , eg : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-observations-t41271.0.html and http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/help-in-filling-imm544e-form-for-the-first-time-t124589.0.html ; there is no indication about IMM544E to be filled by the applicant and to be submitted while landing.

Kindly throw some light to help clear my doubt. Thanks.
You do not need any forms for first time landing. the immigration officer will fill in the details from COPR.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
happy-go-lucky said:
Hi Friends,

I have recieved my PR a few months back and will be landing in Canada next month. Hence, was thinking of applying for a job from here (India) itself.

Would you be having a format of Canadian CV for HR professionals/ recruitment managers, etc? Or any good resume format?

Also, what address should I mention in my CV? Indian address? Or should I put my friend/ relative's address who is already there in Canada?

Your inputs would be really appreciated :)
There is nothing called Canadian CV or Resume format as such.
However, just a few points to consider.
Try to keep the resume within 2-3 pages.
Also create a cover letter with 1-2 paragraphs summarizing your overall skills and experience.
Use Canadian address and a Canadian phone number, very unlikely to get a call on overseas number.

SajTom

May 8, 2013
alok4best said:
You do not need any forms for first time landing. the immigration officer will fill in the details from COPR.
Thanks Alok for the clarification.

Another quick doubt regarding B4A. Since we are landing for a short duration (1 week), which category suits us among Settler, Former Resident, Seasonal Resident or Beneficiary?

As per Qorax in http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html , it states "Newcomer" which is not present in the form. Kindly advise. Thanks

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
SajTom said:
Thanks Alok for the clarification.

Another quick doubt regarding B4A. Since we are landing for a short duration (1 week), which category suits us among Settler, Former Resident, Seasonal Resident or Beneficiary?

As per Qorax in http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html , it states "Newcomer" which is not present in the form. Kindly advise. Thanks
It should be Settler.

SZ84

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-OCT-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
17-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-Jan-2015
Med's Request
29-July-2015
Med's Done....
28-August-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-NOV-2015
LANDED..........
08-March-2016
Good Day everyone;

I need a quick help from this reaaly helpfull group.

We a family of 3 (two adults & one infant) landed yesterday (08-March-2016) at Calgary international airport.
i was carrying Cash amount required for POF (20,000 CAD) .

I filled out and signed the (CROSS-BORDER CURRENCY OR MONETARY INSTRUMENT REPORT) at the immigration office but the immigration officer did not gave me a scan copy of that form after i completed it, i was also not aware that i will need copy of that form later.

but when i went to scotia bank today to open my bank account i was told that the bank needs to see the copy of that form.

is it possible to get a copy of that form now (i am not sure which office CBSA/CIC will have the original form with them so that they can give me a copy of it).

i will be really great full on any help on this issue.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SZ84 said:
but when i went to scotia bank today to open my bank account i was told that the bank needs to see the copy of that form.

is it possible to get a copy of that form now (i am not sure which office CBSA/CIC will have the original form with them so that they can give me a copy of it).

i will be really great full on any help on this issue.
You can try to phone CBSA toll free at 1-800-461-9999. Since you landed in Calgary International airport, the CBSA office in Calgary International airport should have your form.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/bis-sif-eng.html

Btw, have you tried other banks? With my experience with HSBC, they didn't ask to see the copy.