+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

sammanne

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
hyderabad,india
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with pplication
File Transfer...
06-03-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 2016
I am from Hyderabad, India.I got Canada PR under FSW 2014. I am planning to land in the month of March. Can you please suggest me how to carry POF (Proof of Funds ) which is 12Lakhs approximately during landing.

Elizasalaz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Dear all

I am planning on landing next week in Vancouver (so exciting!!!) and I have a question.

I will bring my funds in cash (american dollars) but as proof of funds I only have a bank certificate (in spanish) with the total amount in dollars from my account or do I have to show them the cash (like 12.000 CAD in bills???)

My question is... Do I need to translate the bank certificate to english? I imagine that they would prefer to see the original document but its only available in spanish.

Please help me

Kind regards,

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Elizasalaz said:
Dear all

I am planning on landing next week in Vancouver (so exciting!!!) and I have a question.

I will bring my funds in cash (american dollars) but as proof of funds I only have a bank certificate (in spanish) with the total amount in dollars from my account or do I have to show them the cash (like 12.000 CAD in bills???)

My question is... Do I need to translate the bank certificate to english? I imagine that they would prefer to see the original document but its only available in spanish.

Please help me

Kind regards,
If all your "POF" funds are in cash, then you dont need to show anything else. For example, if you are family of 3 and bringing CAD 18700 in cash, then you dont need anything else to show for pof

fsw2014 batch

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Can anyone let me know if we need to get any medical tests or vaccinations done before moving to Canada, or will any tests / medicals be required to apply for medical insurance, esp in Ontario? Thanks!

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Elizasalaz said:
Dear all

Please help me

Kind regards,
the cash itself is the proof. :) letters are required if you are not carrying cash.

iwannago

Nov 16, 2015
Hi all. my family and i are landing on may going to edmonton. My questions:

a. Is Calgary airport a nice choice for port of entry?

b. I am the principal applicant. Mine and my kids' passports are expiring on august. So we had to renew our passports before we depart. Is it possible to travel with renewed passports and visas on the old ones? Do we hve to request for a restamping? Would it not be an issue if the passport number in the COPR is different than our new passports?

C. The department of foreign affairs have to put a hole on the cover of our old passports. But they will not definitely put a hole on the visa. Is it okay?

Hope you can give me advise. Thanks

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Yes, it possible to travel with renewed passports and visas on the old ones

iwannago said:

b. I am the principal applicant. Mine and my kids' passports are expiring on august. So we had to renew our passports before we depart. Is it possible to travel with renewed passports and visas on the old ones? Do we hve to request for a restamping? Would it not be an issue if the passport number in the COPR is different than our new passports?

C. The department of foreign affairs have to put a hole on the cover of our old passports. But they will not definitely put a hole on the visa. Is it okay?

ashanto123

Feb 25, 2016
Hi
I have a quarry about POF. I have a family of Four. According to CIC the amount of money I will need to support my family is CAD 22603.
If I bring about CAD 19K in cash and rest endorsed in my Credit Card (about USD 5000), will the immigration people cause any problem? Thanks a million for creating this thread.

new_migration

Aug 23, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO----WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015( On hold due to Wife Pregnancy)
Med's Done....
10-Aug-2015 and Uploaded on 11-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
30-Nov-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2015
ashanto123 said:
Hi
I have a quarry about POF. I have a family of Four. According to CIC the amount of money I will need to support my family is CAD 22603.
If I bring about CAD 19K in cash and rest endorsed in my Credit Card (about USD 5000), will the immigration people cause any problem? Thanks a million for creating this thread.
Travelling with more than $10,000 is always a problem, So please carry 5000$ cash and rest in Travellers cheque, Travellers card, which is safe and everyone does while landing...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
new_migration said:
Travelling with more than $10,000 is always a problem, So please carry 5000$ cash and rest in Travellers cheque, Travellers card, which is safe and everyone does while landing...
The only problem is people don't declare and seized. Traveling with $10,000 or more on its own is not a problem.

ashishv

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi -> Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
sammanne said:
I am from Hyderabad, India.I got Canada PR under FSW 2014. I am planning to land in the month of March. Can you please suggest me how to carry POF (Proof of Funds ) which is 12Lakhs approximately during landing.
Carry bank drafts, travellers cheque, some cash and you will be good!

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
iwannago said:

i always suggest to re-stamp.
it costs 30cad and it is on the website.
though nobody has complained about visa in the old passport being a problem, but i have heard of one person being stranded at the airport for a while about this and he was later allowed to go.
in general, i dont think its a problem but i will advice to re-stamp.....

sanjeevg

Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

Is it possible to do the First landing in Halifax Nova Scotia where as per COPR my Destination is Toronto ?

Also , Is it acceptable to take HDFC Forex cards for POF ?

Thanks a lot for your detailde reply

Regards
Sanjeev

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
sanjeevg said:
Hello,

Is it possible to do the First landing in Halifax Nova Scotia where as per COPR my Destination is Toronto ?

Also , Is it acceptable to take HDFC Forex cards for POF ?

Thanks a lot for your detailde reply

Regards
Sanjeev
Yes and Yes. Regarding HDFC forex card, how will you prove the balance. Ask them to give a letter of balance as well. Should be fine then.

guru1984

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO/NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT ALONGWITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
We have Started Processing your application on 9th April,2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
TLU 15.05.2015
Passport Req..
WAITING (Decision made 03.08.2015)
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY THIS YEAR
I have been travelled to canada with less than 6 month validity of passport.
My passport expires in July,16 & i booked ticket from Turkish Airlines for dates 18th April - 1st May.
Can anybody please guide me whether i can travel with same passport without any issue.
I checked with Airline they are ok to board me with same passport.
What about Immigration dept. they will allow or not.