+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

We are offering the short term or long term accommodation to the all newly landed immigrants in GTA. (We do not need a job letter, reference and credit check)

We are well known at Canadavisa forum

Please visit out website or check the link below for short term fully furnished accommodation as per your family size & budget we have bedroom starting from $ 30 per nigh or $ 210 per week and above.

You can also contact me at +1-647-703-5988 or e-mail at furnishedsuite2@gmail.com

For other details please visit website or link below

http://saweraproperty.com/

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/looking-fully-furnished-low-rent-with-amenities-included-accommodation-t264892.0.html

http://www.sabguesthouse.com/

Best Regards,

Sab

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
Mah7891 said:
Hi,

I would like to ask a question. I know we need to make the goods to follow list if we are bringing something via cargo. but what if we are not able to send the cargo at that time and do it later maybe like after a year, do we still show the list at the time of landing or not?

secondly same thing for jewelry. actually i live in Saudi Arabia and I have some stuff in Pakistan including jewelry which I want to take along with me,,, but unfortunately due to some reasons i might have to go directly from Saudi Arabia to Canada. do I still take the goods to follow list and images/details of that jewelry I own?

I will b grateful if someone can answer this question.
Any stuff you take more than a year after your initial landing will attract customs duty. It is only duty-free if you take it within a year of landing. All goods to follow (especially jewelry) has to be photographed and the photos should be attached to the list. Don't know how you can manage that if you are not going back to Pakistan before heading to Canada. But if you think you can bring in your jewelry and stuff before the one year is up, and if you can arrange to have it photographed and valued, then yes, add it to your goods to follow list.

Ind2canada

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2014
AOR Received.
30 Sep 2014
Med's Request
20 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18 Nov 2015
LANDED..........
7 Mar 2016
Evol said:
Hi!! Im here in hongkong i applied a live in caregiver in canada two years ago unlucky because that was denied , and now i am planning to apply again my question is since im denied two years ago is it possible that they can see my old info in immigration? Do i have a record that im was denied? :)
CIC captures 10 years of history in the FOSS / GCMS system about applicants. FOSS is now being replaced with GCMS. They can easily find your previous rejection.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Hello everyone,

I recently did my first time landing (from USA via land border), which was a short trip (2 days).

As mentioned on this forum multiple times, and as I also know personally from some real cases, a person may do a short landing and give a Canadian address at which the PR card is sent. Which can then be mailed to the person or handed over personally.

But I was surprised when the CBSA officer told me that one must be physically present at that address to receive the PR card which can only reach in 6-8 weeks. Meaning thereby, that one can NOT do a short landing and must stay there for the duration of receiving the card. The officer went on to say that if the person is not found at that address, then the card will be sent to the post office and will have to be collected in person. Why would be officer say something which goes totally against the prevalent norms.

Please advise what could be in store for me.

Thanks.

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
Hi all..
I landed about a year back. One of my friend leaving for one month leave and his furnished apartment is available in etobicoke abt 10-15 min from pearson airport. availability is for 7 april-7 may. If it suites someone let me know.
saleem

Mah7891

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
rahul20978 said:
Any stuff you take more than a year after your initial landing will attract customs duty. It is only duty-free if you take it within a year of landing. All goods to follow (especially jewelry) has to be photographed and the photos should be attached to the list. Don't know how you can manage that if you are not going back to Pakistan before heading to Canada. But if you think you can bring in your jewelry and stuff before the one year is up, and if you can arrange to have it photographed and valued, then yes, add it to your goods to follow list.
thankyou soo much for your reply. I was really confused but now I understand. at least its possible to bring it within a year that is hopeful. although I will try my best to take it along, most importantly the jewelry if not the other stuff.

D123

Mar 16, 2015
POF:
I have the required money in TD Bank.. and presently I am not in Canada…
Would it be OK if i take printout of TD Bank statement at home and show it to immigration officer at the POE ? meaning i would not be able to get it sealed ans signed from TD bank officials from my country .. please suggest..

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
In my case PR cards were delivered as ordinary mail in the mail box. Postman normally drop envelops and small parcels in the mail box if it easily fits inside or handover to anyone living there. Even if he drop it to post office (lazy postman) which is generally true for big parcels then anyone(may not be you) living at that address has to show his ID with the same address as on mailing parcel to pick it up from post office.

Hope this will help.

nskatcv said:
Hello everyone,

I recently did my first time landing (from USA via land border), which was a short trip (2 days).

As mentioned on this forum multiple times, and as I also know personally from some real cases, a person may do a short landing and give a Canadian address at which the PR card is sent. Which can then be mailed to the person or handed over personally.

But I was surprised when the CBSA officer told me that one must be physically present at that address to receive the PR card which can only reach in 6-8 weeks. Meaning thereby, that one can NOT do a short landing and must stay there for the duration of receiving the card. The officer went on to say that if the person is not found at that address, then the card will be sent to the post office and will have to be collected in person. Why would be officer say something which goes totally against the prevalent norms.

Thanks.

induscan

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 06-11-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
15-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-01-2016
Congratulations for landing !!

I am in the same boat as you. I am updating my address using "Address Notification" and will wait to see if that will change my mailing address in system. If so, PR cards should be mailed to that address and anyone (friend/family) can pickup and forward to me.

nskatcv said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
nskatcv said:

Thanks.
I landed in 2013, at the time the pr cards were just dropped inside the mailbox of the house where i was staying. I don't think this process has changed since.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
islamabad786 said:
In my case PR cards were delivered as ordinary mail in the mail box. Postman normally drop envelops and small parcels in the mail box if it easily fits inside or handover to anyone living there. Even if he drop it to post office (lazy postman) which is generally true for big parcels then anyone(may not be you) living at that address has to show his ID with the same address as on mailing parcel to pick it up from post office.

Hope this will help.
induscan said:
Congratulations for landing !!

I am in the same boat as you. I am updating my address using "Address Notification" and will wait to see if that will change my mailing address in system. If so, PR cards should be mailed to that address and anyone (friend/family) can pickup and forward to me.
emamabd said:
I landed in 2013, at the time the pr cards were just dropped inside the mailbox of the house where i was staying. I don't think this process has changed since.

Thanks for the reply islamabad786, induscan, and emamabd. I hope it is like that only.

afshinsajid

Oct 11, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nskatcv said:
Thanks for the reply islamabad786, induscan, and emamabd. I hope it is like that only.
New rule if u coming for short landing dosent matter but if u didn't recive ur pr card u have to apply for visa if u go out without pr card now a pr card taked about 4 to 5 month so keep that thing in ur mind and if Pakistani people looking for and apartment do search near to to thorncliff or in thorncliff area a majority of Pakistani over there and mosque is really good u also find a halal shop there so leaving in downtown is not good with families every day one news of downtown at channels else up to u
syed from canada

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
afshinsajid said:
New rule if u coming for short landing dosent matter but if u didn't recive ur pr card u have to apply for visa if u go out without pr card now a pr card taked about 4 to 5 month so keep that thing in ur mind and if Pakistani people looking for and apartment do search near to to thorncliff or in thorncliff area a majority of Pakistani over there and mosque is really good u also find a halal shop there so leaving in downtown is not good with families every day one news of downtown at channels else up to u
syed from canada
That can't be right.

1) You can leave without a PR card.
2) When you want to come back, if you don't have your PR card, you should get a One time Travel Document from the Canadian High Commission/Consulate from the foreign country that you are in. You don't necessarily need a PR card to come back (If you have not received your card yet).

bryan98

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.0 Score
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 ECAS...Meds Recieved
Passport Req..
June 2012, RPRF - Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
18/1/2013...DECISION MADE
Available from Feb 1st, 2016 or before. I have a Fully furnished 1 bedroom basement apt, Newly Renovated with all appliances. Perfect for the couples, family or singles. The location is Brampton 6 km from pearson airport, Toronto. Walking distance from major bus terminal, shopping mall, school and grocery stores. I can pick up from the pearson airport for free. Inbox me for more details. Welcome to Canada.

MisterX

Jan 15, 2016
Hey guys,
I'm really new to this forum and don't know exactly how to use this but here goes nothing.
I'm in Edmonton, Alberta and I get my passport tomorrow from Ottawa and I need to do my landing next. I learnt that I could do it within Canada by paying a certain amount, but the only drawback is the waiting period for your appointment. My question is, does anyone know how long the waiting period is? I read 6 weeks on one of the threads here but I need to know another approximate figure as well. Also, does anyone know the total cost of that?

Really looking forward for a positive reply asap. Thanks in advance!