+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

cv07

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd July, 2014
Nomination.....
27th Nov, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Application started processing on 5th Feb, 2015
Med's Request
11th March, 2015
Med's Done....
20th March, 2015
Passport Req..
1st May, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9th May, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can carry your funds as a combination of cash, traveler's checks and some money in account.

I suggest you to open a Canadian Bank account before you leave for Canada. This is not available in all countries but check the below link out -

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,4302,00.html
Thanks Raj. That means the bank statement should be of a Canadian bank account. Right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cv07 said:
Thanks Raj. That means the bank statement should be of a Canadian bank account. Right?
Yes, you'll get a statement that states your balance in CAD. This will serve as proof of funds at the port of entry. This also saves you from exchange rate fluctuation.

cv07

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd July, 2014
Nomination.....
27th Nov, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
11th March, 2015
Med's Done....
20th March, 2015
Passport Req..
1st May, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9th May, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, you'll get a statement that states your balance in CAD. This will serve as proof of funds at the port of entry. This also saves you from exchange rate fluctuation.
I have one more query. Quite often, I have seen people advise to have the forms (PR card application etc.) filled and handy on landing; this saves the time at the airport. However, I checked the following link that says a new Permanent resident need not apply for a PR card:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=054&t=10

Also, can we bring in utensils, bedsheets in luggage? In the list of items that we bring in, is it mandatory to declare value of each article?

Could you please share your views on this.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cv07 said:
I have one more query. Quite often, I have seen people advise to have the forms (PR card application etc.) filled and handy on landing; this saves the time at the airport. However, I checked the following link that says a new Permanent resident need not apply for a PR card:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=054&t=10

Also, can we bring in utensils, bedsheets in luggage? In the list of items that we bring in, is it mandatory to declare value of each article?

Could you please share your views on this.
1) You will be asked to fill a form when you land - An application form for PR card. They will deliver your card at a later point in time. Here's the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf

I imagine you'll be filling the same form at the POE. You can fill this form and keep it ready - You'll save time at the POE.

2) Yes, you can bring utensils and bed sheet and I don't think you need to valuate everything like this. Jewellery, however needs to be valuated. Members who have already gone through the landing process can help you better with this query.

harryp

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
In the PR application form there is a checklist which asks for documents like primary identity and secondary identity documents along with more such documents required for PR application.

Is this applicable for new PR application and what all documents do we need to carry for PR application, pls confirm

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
harryp said:
In the PR application form there is a checklist which asks for documents like primary identity and secondary identity documents along with more such documents required for PR application.

Is this applicable for new PR application and what all documents do we need to carry for PR application, pls confirm
Nothing specific, I guess. The IO at the POE will take into account your passport and your COPR as proof when you land and apply for PR card, AFAIK. You don't have to apply it separately/again. It is a default norm when you land.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) You will be asked to fill a form when you land - An application form for PR card. They will deliver your card at a later point in time. Here's the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf

I imagine you'll be filling the same form at the POE. You can fill this form and keep it ready - You'll save time at the POE.
As a newly landed immigrant you don't have to fill this form. All you need to have is your passport, copr, pof and a canadian address (for the PR card delivery).

AlexVA

Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
Hello Everyone,

I got my my passport stamped last year and am planning to complete my landing this month and have few questions:

X My CPOR expires on February 3rd 2016. Will it be ok to complete the landing process on January 3oth or does it needs to be before a certain timeframe.

X I am currently on H-1B. Will it be ok to enter Canada in the morning and leave in the afternoon by road? I have read somewhere online that the Canadian immigration won't let you apply for the PR card if you tell them that you are not permanently moving in as of yet. I am planning to move to Canada permanently next year.

X Besides my passport and CPOR do I need anything else. Some say I need to show proof of funds which could be demonstrated through my statement from a USA bank?

X I do not have an H-1B stamping on my passport since I never traveled outside of USA since I changed to H1 from F1. Can I use Automatic Revalidation to enter back in USA?

Thank you all for being so supportive to this community.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
emamabd said:
As a newly landed you don't have to fill this form. All you need to have is your passport, copr, pof and a canadian address (for the PR card delivery).
Okay cool!

OP, please take note of emamabd's comments! My apologies for the confusion.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
AlexVA said:
Hello Everyone,

I got my my passport stamped last year and am planning to complete my landing this month and have few questions:

X My CPOR expires on February 3rd 2016. Will it be ok to complete the landing process on January 3oth or does it needs to be before a certain timeframe.
1.) The requirement is to land before the visa expires. So yes, in your case January falls nicely within your visa validity timeline

harryp

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
it's been asked many times on this forum but I'd still like to confirm if Indian bank statement is accepted as Proof of funds. I know some of you might suggest it to be in CAD but we can use debit cards issued by Bank to withdraw money in Canada. People who have landed pls post your views on this as Travellers cheque would lead to Forex fluctuations and other charges. I'm planning on taking a Balance certificate fromy my Bank with Balance shown in CAD on bank letterhead.

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
harryp said:
it's been asked many times on this forum but I'd still like to confirm if Indian bank statement is accepted as Proof of funds. I know some of you might suggest it to be in CAD but we can use debit cards issued by Bank to withdraw money in Canada. People who have landed pls post your views on this as Travellers cheque would lead to Forex fluctuations and other charges. I'm planning on taking a Balance certificate fromy my Bank with Balance shown in CAD on bank letterhead.
Balance statement for last 6 months in bank letterhead with their seal works just fine.

cv07

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd July, 2014
Nomination.....
27th Nov, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
11th March, 2015
Med's Done....
20th March, 2015
Passport Req..
1st May, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9th May, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31, 2016
chiyakam said:
Balance statement for last 6 months in bank letterhead with their seal works just fine.
Hi Chiyakam,

That means we can show the bank balance statement stating the amount in INR? or it needs to be declared in CAD?

harryp

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
chiyakam said:
logically it should but i see a lot of ppl on this forum stating foreign bank statement in INR is not acceptable. Even for verification purposes they can check the balance there on any ATM machine or online.

I'm very confused as to what I should be doing with Pof requirement and im flying next week