+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
cv07 said:
Hi Chiyakam,

That means we can show the bank balance statement stating the amount in INR? or it needs to be declared in CAD?
INR works just fine.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
harryp said:
logically it should but i see a lot of ppl on this forum stating foreign bank statement in INR is not acceptable. Even for verification purposes they can check the balance there on any ATM machine or online.

I'm very confused as to what I should be doing with Pof requirement and im flying next week
In that case, you should open a Canadian Bank account. Check the below link out -

http://www.scotiabank.com/startright/

You deposit funds in CAD and you will be given a bank statement and a letter. This also, IMO, helps you from fluctuating exchange rates.

harryp

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
In that case, you should open a Canadian Bank account. Check the below link out -

http://www.scotiabank.com/startright/

You deposit funds in CAD and you will be given a bank statement and a letter. This also, IMO, helps you from fluctuating exchange rates.
Thanks but im flying next week and I did check that link it requires 15 business days prior to landing.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
harryp said:
Thanks but im flying next week and I did check that link it requires 15 business days prior to landing.
Oops! You would have been able to do it if you had asked this earlier :D . Get a recent bank statement and letter. Carry funds as a combination of cash, traveler's checks. Have rest of the funds in the bank.

harryp

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rest of the funds in Bank ? that still is funds in INR right ? so how is it that part of the funds are accepted in INR bank balance ?

Ppl who have landed pls comment if officials asked you for Proof of Funds and whether only CAD bank balance or Cash/DD/travellers cheque are the only option

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
harryp said:
Rest of the funds in Bank ? that still is funds in INR right ? so how is it that part of the funds are accepted in INR bank balance ?

Ppl who have landed pls comment if officials asked you for Proof of Funds and whether only CAD bank balance or Cash/DD/travellers cheque are the only option
Take a look at the below post by quorax.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-landing-funds-t39318.0.html;msg265220#msg265220

induscan

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 06-11-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
15-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-01-2016
atzquebec said:
"Refused to mail to a friends/relative address which is considered temporary".

Can you elaborate on the above statement ? Did they refuse to accept the address of your friend/relative as the address to recieve PR cards ? Or you didnt want to give them your friends.. address ?

They have refused to take friend/relative address, and gave form 5456 to fill and fax after leasing or purchasing a house in Canada.

However, few forumites wrote that they have just updated address online using "Address Notification", but is it still working? that I am not sure.

Seniors, please advise if you have seen any success in this way?

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
harryp said:
it's been asked many times on this forum but I'd still like to confirm if Indian bank statement is accepted as Proof of funds. I know some of you might suggest it to be in CAD but we can use debit cards issued by Bank to withdraw money in Canada. People who have landed pls post your views on this as Travellers cheque would lead to Forex fluctuations and other charges. I'm planning on taking a Balance certificate fromy my Bank with Balance shown in CAD on bank letterhead.
A Balance Certificate on Bank's letter head is perfectly fine. I have personally used it for POF.
Initially when applying for PR, and again when landing at YYZ.

If your bank is willing to add the CAD equivalent using the exchange rate of that day, then better.
If they do not, then just carry a print out of exchange rates for a month.

harryp

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
For the benefit of all let me confirm that Bank statement in INR is acceptable proof of funds on landing this has been confirmed by me with CIC

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
harryp said:
For the benefit of all let me confirm that Bank statement in INR is acceptable proof of funds on landing this has been confirmed by me with CIC
Excellent. Thanks for the effort. +1.

Was this confirmation on call or through email?

Mah7891

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Hi,

I would like to ask a question. I know we need to make the goods to follow list if we are bringing something via cargo. but what if we are not able to send the cargo at that time and do it later maybe like after a year, do we still show the list at the time of landing or not?

secondly same thing for jewelry. actually i live in Saudi Arabia and I have some stuff in Pakistan including jewelry which I want to take along with me,,, but unfortunately due to some reasons i might have to go directly from Saudi Arabia to Canada. do I still take the goods to follow list and images/details of that jewelry I own?

I will b grateful if someone can answer this question.

AlexVA

Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
emamabd said:
1.) The requirement is to land before the visa expires. So yes, in your case January falls nicely within your visa validity timeline
Thanks Emamabd.

Anyone else in the same situation as mine and can address the rest of the questions please?

Thank you.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
AlexVA said:
Thanks Emamabd.

Anyone else in the same situation as mine and can address the rest of the questions please?

Thank you.
X I am currently on H-1B. Will it be ok to enter Canada in the morning and leave in the afternoon by road? I have read somewhere online that the Canadian immigration won't let you apply for the PR card if you tell them that you are not permanently moving in as of yet. I am planning to move to Canada permanently next year.

People do that all the time, however the officer may choose not to process your pr card if he came to know that you won't be staying in canada by the time your pr card arrives. So...this is the concern that you need to address. You might be able to avoid this discussion if the officer doesn't ask questions about how long you'll be staying in canada. Worst case is that you'll need to apply for a PRTD to come back. Or if you came back via land border from the US - forum members have repeatedly confirmed that your COPR + passport will suffice for reentering canada (but that only works via land border).

X Besides my passport and CPOR do I need anything else. Some say I need to show proof of funds which could be demonstrated through my statement from a USA bank?

you need to have POF and a canadian address. this address will be used for mailing your pr card

D123

Mar 16, 2015
POF:
I have the required money in TD Bank.. and presently I am not in Canada…
Would it be OK if i take printout of TD Bank statement at home and show it to immigration officer at the POE ? meaning i would not be able to get it sealed ans signed from TD bank officials from my country .. please suggest..