+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
RanjitNagi said:
Hi Friends,

I have booked tickets for my spouse as "ABC XYZ" as ABC as first name and XYZ as lastname.
But on her passport, "ABC XYZ" is given names and there is no sirname/lastname.

Moreover, on ticket printouts its written "Mrs ABC XYZ"

Will there be issue with ticket?
No issues at all.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
jahanzaibkh said:
Thank you for your answer. Have you heard about any case whose local bank statement is rejected?
Bank statements are accepted. But not the one you get every month.
Go to your bank and get a signed and sealed letter on the banks letterhead.

I did not carry any cash apart from some lose change for food and drinks.
I had a letter signed and sealed letter from my Indian bank (Deutsche Bank) which was addressed to Canadian Consulate New Delhi and stated how much money I had in my account in INR as well as the Canadian equivalent.

This letter also comes handy for home hunting as you will not have a Canadian credit history to begin with.
I utilized my Indian bank letter and Indian credit history to convince renting agencies that I was financially sound.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Hello everyone.
My wife and I did out landing last Friday night at Pearson Airport Toronto.

Here is a small account of our first hand experience.

Things we were carrying:
4 checked-in bags and 2 cabin bags.
Documents : PR card application form, B4 & B4a forms. Photograph of jewelry. Proof of funds letter from bank.
Cash: Small amount, just enough for some quick food and drink.

At the airport:
>The first counter was general immigration counter through which everyone has to go through. We mentioned that we are new PRs and here to do our landing. We were asked for completed landing cards(you get them in flight) and then redirected to an immigration office behind for more formalities.
>Inside the immigration office, we provided our passports and COPRs. We also provided PR card application form but that was not required. The immigration officer asked for a local address where our cards could be sent. We also gave him the landing card we were still carrying. He checked that and returned it back to us. on landing card we had already declared that we were carrying funds in excess of 10KCAD. The processing at this counter took roughly 15 minutes. We then proceeded to collect our checked-in bags.
>If you arrive on a business day between 9-5, you will be redirected to Service Canada counters who will provide you the SIN. As we had arrived around 9PM, we did not manage to do this.
>Next in line was customs channel. We intentionally took the red channel as we had declared excess funds. At the customs counter, we presented B4 forms and fotograph of jewelry. The officer asked if we were getting anything now or later through cargo. We answered in negative.
He returned the forms and told that no forms are required if everything you want to bring to Canada are with you as checked-in luggage.
He inquired about the excess funds we had declared. We presented the letter from Indian bank and mentioned that we are not carrying any cash, cheques or demand drafts. We told that we have an International Visa card through which I will be withdrawing money from ATM machines in Canada. He just read through the letter from bank and returned it to us. We spent less than 5 minutes at customs.

>We then came out of the airport, took a taxi and reached hotel.

In total it took us around 45 minutes to get down from the plane, pick our luggage, cross all counters, and come out of the airport.
Overall a smooth and hassle free process.

Ganesha

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2132<br />IELTS : Submitted With Application<br />PPC : Submitted With Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Jul 2014<br />Fees Charged.: 03 Nov 2014<br />PER Received.: 13 Nov 2014<br />AOR Received.: 13 Nov 2014<br />MR received...: 18 Dec 2014<br />RPRF received...: 18 Dec 2014<br />MEDs done.....: 19 Dec 2014<br />MEDs received: 26 Dec 2014<br />Interview.....: Waived<br />Passport Request: 13 Feb 2015<br />Passport sent: 14 Feb 2015<br />Visa issued.....: 19 Feb 2015<br />Landed.....: 4 Dec 2015<br /><br /><b>FAQ:</b><br /><a href="http://fswp2013.wordpress.com/FAQs">Canada FSWP FAQs</a><br /><b>Spreadsheet:</b><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Spreadsheet">FSW 2014 Spreadsheet</a><br /><b>Chit Chat:</b><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/FSW-2014-FORUM">FSW 2014 DISCUSSION FORUM</a><br /><b>Enter your own data:</b><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Entry">FSW 2014 Entry</a><hr />
Successfully landed in Pearson Toronto airport.

Two questions as I remember.

1. Any criminal records?
2. Address for PR card shipping.

"Congratulations" at end. Completed in less than 2 mins. They took as much as time to put 5 ticks as they compared the info on COPR with PASSPORT and asked me to sign at 6 locations.

No questions on anything else.

One thought. It might better to land in bigger airport, where POE frequently gets PR landing. They might take it easy on new immigrants.

Good luck to everybody in the process. Congratulations to those have crossed the bridge.

They refused take new photos. I spend $50 for new photos! They said they will use the photos in PR application.

Queries:

1. I can't online status with my UCI anymore. Is this normal?

2. Is there an excel checking PR card mailing? I would like to enter my dates and monitor the process with other in the queue.

Again GOOD LUCK to everybody.

JonesM

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, what address will i give (for PR card) in case i will be staying temporarily in a hotel while waiting for a more permanent place to stay?

gocanada2014

May 28, 2014
Hi friends

I need you guys help.I am flying to toronto on 7 dec as PR.I have a doubt regarding settlement fund.We r three( 2 adult and 1 child) and carrying CAD 6000 cash and 17000 ddraft.DD is made on my husb.'s name since i have already taken 6000 dollar against my passport.I am main applicant here.Do my husband need to declar 17000 cad and need to fill e677 ? Or being main applicant do i need to fill this E677 form though dd is made on my husbands name? Do we need to mention 6000 cash as well in thia form? Please help!!!!

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
Hi guys...

I plan to go for short landing in March 2016. And plan to return in June 2016, since somethings here are needed to sort out.

Now that my Sons passport expires in May 2016, what should I do??

Can I get my sons passport renewed here??? His old passport has visa stamp? Will it create any issue???

Please help.

Thanks

Shreenath

rumel

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
2173(Software Engr)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
04-03-2015 Doc Received : 25-03-2015
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
File Transfer...
. Second Line : 06-08-2015
Med's Request
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
03-10-2015 Med Received : 14-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-11-2015 Passport Sent.: 08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 Passport Received: 06-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
Shreenath2014 said:
Hi guys...

I plan to go for short landing in March 2016. And plan to return in June 2016, since somethings here are needed to sort out.

Can I get my sons passport renewed here??? His old passport has visa stamp? Will it create any issue???

Please help.

Thanks

Shreenath
If you go with your family then everything will be fine. After landing just inform the Immigration officer what you should do for your Son's new PP. Do it according to the instructions.

But I am doubtful that you can not come back without new PP of your Son. You have to collect it from Canada then come back.

Ganesha

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2132<br />IELTS : Submitted With Application<br />PPC : Submitted With Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Jul 2014<br />Fees Charged.: 03 Nov 2014<br />PER Received.: 13 Nov 2014<br />AOR Received.: 13 Nov 2014<br />MR received...: 18 Dec 2014<br />RPRF received...: 18 Dec 2014<br />MEDs done.....: 19 Dec 2014<br />MEDs received: 26 Dec 2014<br />Interview.....: Waived<br />Passport Request: 13 Feb 2015<br />Passport sent: 14 Feb 2015<br />Visa issued.....: 19 Feb 2015<br />Landed.....: 4 Dec 2015<br /><br /><b>FAQ:</b><br /><a href="http://fswp2013.wordpress.com/FAQs">Canada FSWP FAQs</a><br /><b>Spreadsheet:</b><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Spreadsheet">FSW 2014 Spreadsheet</a><br /><b>Chit Chat:</b><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/FSW-2014-FORUM">FSW 2014 DISCUSSION FORUM</a><br /><b>Enter your own data:</b><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Entry">FSW 2014 Entry</a><hr />
gocanada2014 said:
Hi friends

I need you guys help.I am flying to toronto on 7 dec as PR.I have a doubt regarding settlement fund.We r three( 2 adult and 1 child) and carrying CAD 6000 cash and 17000 ddraft.DD is made on my husb.'s name since i have already taken 6000 dollar against my passport.I am main applicant here.Do my husband need to declar 17000 cad and need to fill e677 ? Or being main applicant do i need to fill this E677 form though dd is made on my husbands name? Do we need to mention 6000 cash as well in thia form? Please help!!!!
You mean declare money on custom's form? yes, if you are carrying money over 10000 CAD you have to declare. You put yes on it.

First you will come thru the custom's and boarder security. They will check your custom's declaration form. and circle the $10000 yes portion. Rest of the form they will strike it off, since you will tell them you are PR landing.

Then you will be asked to go to IMMIGRATION. which is on the left as you exit the boarder security. once you are done with the immigration.

At the exit, you will have "green" track to left, and "blue" track to right. The police sitting at this point will direct you to the right path (BLUE), since you have mentioned excess of 10000. Here you show the B4 and B4a form and explain reason for additional fund. Which won't be any reason to be worried.

Just relax. at Toronto airport they get 10's of PR landing everyday. They will make it easy for you.

Good luck.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Shreenath2014 said:
Hi guys...

Please help.

Thanks

Shreenath
u must have to land on the passport having canadian visa, if u renewed then u have to get visa on new passport and then land. Decide ur self

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nekeol said:
u must have to land on the passport having canadian visa, if u renewed then u have to get visa on new passport and then land. Decide ur self
This is what is in the "Port of Entry Examination" manual

"13.18 Valid visas in expired passports
If an expired passport contains a valid visa counterfoil, the counterfoil can still be used
since the expiration of the passport has no effect on the visa's validity. Holders of a valid
visa may continue to use their visa until the date it expires even if the visa is in an
expired passport. Visitors can fulfil the visa and passport requirements by presenting
both the renewed and expired passports containing the valid visa counterfoil to a BSO
when seeking entry into Canada. The Regulations state that visas should not be issued
longer than the validity of the passport. However, due to pre-IRPA cases, it is possible to
encounter visas in expired passports.
It is not possible to "transfer" a valid visa into a new passport. If the holder of a valid
visa wishes to have a visa placed in their new passport or if the passport is deemed ‘not
valid’ for political or security concerns, visitors must apply for a replacement visa by
submitting a new application and paying the replacement document fee in accordance
with R311(2).
If the applicant wishes to obtain a visa valid for a longer period in the new document, this
will constitute a new temporary resident visa application and any applicable fees resulting
from this new application will be collected. The previous visa will subsequently be
cancelled."

cknouman

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JonesM said:
Hey guys, what address will i give (for PR card) in case i will be staying temporarily in a hotel while waiting for a more permanent place to stay?
If you have any friends or relatives you can give there address and change it later. Otherwise you can simply tell this to immigration officer that you will stay in hotel until you find a permanent residence. In this case officer will give a form with instructions for how to update your address which can be done through fax, phone, online or regular mail

mmquebec

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Doc's Request.
o4-12-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 26-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
July 2015
Med's Request
19-08-2015(With RPRF)
Med's Done....
28-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2015. Submission Sept 25, 2015. Decision made Oct 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 16, 2015. VISA RECEIVED..Oct 27, 2015
LANDED..........
March 11, 2016
Dear Seniors, maybe this question has been answered somewhere. I am a quebec selected immigrant. Can I land in another province other than Quebec because on my CoPR I mentioned Montreal as amy destination.

singhkiratjit

Jul 10, 2015
hi friends

got pr visa on 15.11.2015...

wow.....

but i have a little problem on visa sticker as well as on copr.

plzzzzzzzzz help me as soon as possible.........

My wife name is Prabhjot Kaur Chawla. I have got PR visa for Canada on 15.11.2015. The problem is that i hav
e received her visa with “given name” (Prabhjot kaur). her Surname (CHAWLA) is not written on visa as well as on COPR. The passport was earlier amended with the surname on the 3rd page, but the photo page has her given name only. So please let me know the procedure to do the needful amendments on visa and COPR.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhkiratjit said:
hi friends

got pr visa on 15.11.2015...

wow.....

but i have a little problem on visa sticker as well as on copr.

plzzzzzzzzz help me as soon as possible.........

My wife name is Prabhjot Kaur Chawla. I have got PR visa for Canada on 15.11.2015. The problem is that i hav
e received her visa with “given name” (Prabhjot kaur). her Surname (CHAWLA) is not written on visa as well as on COPR. The passport was earlier amended with the surname on the 3rd page, but the photo page has her given name only. So please let me know the procedure to do the needful amendments on visa and COPR.
This is not a big deal. It's a clerical error that can be corrected at the POE; just make sure to bring it to the attention of the officer.

Below is a quote from the Port of Entry Examination manual:

"Once the Confirmation of Permanent Residence has been completed at the port of entry,
the BSO at CBSA Secondary will counsel the permanent resident as to their rights and
obligations under the IRPA and IRPR, as well as the procedures involved in obtaining their
permanent resident card.
When a foreign national applies to become a permanent resident at a POE and is in
possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence [IMM 5292B], the BSO at
Immigration Secondary should adhere to the following procedures:
 ensure that the bio data recorded on the Confirmation of Permanent Residence form
[IMM 5292B] matches the information in the applicant’s passport or travel document. In
cases where a clerical error has been made, the IMM 5292B should be corrected to bring
it into agreement with the bio data in the passport or travel document. The correction
should be made by placing an asterisk beside the error and notating the correction in the
remarks section of the IMM 5292B. Any corrections made should also be reflected in
FOSS;
Note: Hand written changes should not be made to the text of IMM 5292B and should be limited
to the remarks section."