+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sujamana said:
Finally in Studio 6 after a long day 13th / completed the immigration / customs at POE.

I have to fax a form with address / contact phone number to Immigration office for sending the PR Cards once process complete, as I was not able to provide the contact number yesterday.
Have to go to Service Canada today / tomorrow to apply for SIN number
and in customs, they are very happy with the Good to follow form (2 copies ) and detail list in Excel sheet with Photograph of Jewels.
courtesy Qorax.

and it's raining when we landed hotel and many thanks to Qorax, Leon and Unknown friends who shared their inputs to complete this trip without issues.
The Immigration lady told us, we have to meet 2 years stay (/5 years) in Canada to retain the PR Card.
So every trip (to Canada) counts and told us to preserve the tickets and the original of COPR enclosed in the PP to apply for Citizenship.
thank you all.
"sujamana"
WELCOME TO CANADA, if you need help do contact me by pm. I am near studio 6.

Derry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sps said:
Hi Derry,

How can I get an address proof in 4 days? Is there anyway?

SPS
Friends/relatives' only, I'm afraid.
Or if u have obtained a "post-landing package" from some agencies.

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
WELCOME TO CANADA, if you need help do contact me by pm. I am near studio 6.
explorer I sincerely apprecaite your kind gesture towards people in trouble/require help.

God bless you.

Regards

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Hi All,
The information by Leon and Qorax is absolutely valid and working fine for DL

If you have USA Licence Valid or even expired less than 12 months, then they simply give you the G licence without even asking for any test!!

Unfortunately my USA licence expired in May 2009, They couldnt accept the same,

Further if you have India licence and Abstract from RTO, than if its more than 24 months in last 3 years, than you get full exempt of time, you can take all tests and get G licence without waiting period!!

Also, those who are coming form India or their own countries one Caution, The problem I ve faced, if you have your last inital, in my case its just K insteadof Khazi in my licence, they dont accept it, and asked me to get a justification letter from consulate.

As you all aware our Indian Embassy doesnt bother to help indians, they dont wanna do anything related to licence, even its name justfication just a simple letter

so make sure to get the full last name on your licence when u are coming from india

Regards,
Nadeem

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
nadahmedk said:
Hi All,
The information by Leon and Qorax is absolutely valid and working fine for DL

If you have USA Licence Valid or even expired less than 12 months, then they simply give you the G licence without even asking for any test!!

Unfortunately my USA licence expired in May 2009, They couldnt accept the same,

Further if you have India licence and Abstract from RTO, than if its more than 24 months in last 3 years, than you get full exempt of time, you can take all tests and get G licence without waiting period!!

Also, those who are coming form India or their own countries one Caution, The problem I ve faced, if you have your last inital, in my case its just K insteadof Khazi in my licence, they dont accept it, and asked me to get a justification letter from consulate.

As you all aware our Indian Embassy doesnt bother to help indians, they dont wanna do anything related to licence, even its name justfication just a simple letter

so make sure to get the full last name on your licence when u are coming from india

Regards,
Nadeem
Good information Nadahmedk . it will certainly help others.

Keep it up and do post your post landing experiences.

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hey Qorax,
I successfully landed yesterday.
Kudos!! to this thread started by you, it is very informative.

I need your advice on one thing thou:
The IO did not ask us (me and my wife) for PR card photos. Also I did not remember to ask if she needed them.

What is the best that I can do now?
Please suggest!!

Karl

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karl said:
The IO did not ask us (me and my wife) for PR card photos. Also I did not remember to ask if she needed them.
Usually they will use the photos that were sent with your PR application. If these photos are not suitable, they will let you know. You do not have to do anything at this point.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
karl said:
Hey Qorax,
I successfully landed yesterday.
Kudos!! to this thread started by you, it is very informative.

I need your advice on one thing thou:

What is the best that I can do now?
Please suggest!!

Karl
Relax! As Leon opined - u r good to go Buddy.

Aycan1998

Oct 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed in Canada today. Arrived at Immigration Section at 5 pm completed process by 5:45 pm. Lots of persons were waiting to be processed. Received information for new immigrants. Completed customs by 6:30 pm. Queue was also long at customs. Total time taken 1 hour and 30 minutes. Both immigration officer and customs officer was extremely helpful and very friendly. Although we declared funds in excess of $10,000, CO did not ask to see proof of funds.

Process was smooth, at the hotel in Toronto and will travel to Ottawa tomorrow.

From all the information on this website I was able to prepare myself for the entire process.

Thanks to all seniors!!!!!! ;D

konda

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
02-02-2010
AOR Received.
first AOR on 01-02-2010,second on 21-05-2010
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
18-10-2010
great job Qorax...really helpful to every one....keep it up,good luck

mohammad76

Feb 9, 2010
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2007
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
IELTS Request
01-11-2009
Aycan1998 said:
Landed in Canada today. Arrived at Immigration Section at 5 pm completed process by 5:45 pm. Lots of persons were waiting to be processed. Received information for new immigrants. Completed customs by 6:30 pm. Queue was also long at customs. Total time taken 1 hour and 30 minutes. Both immigration officer and customs officer was extremely helpful and very friendly. Although we declared funds in excess of $10,000, CO did not ask to see proof of funds.

Process was smooth, at the hotel in Toronto and will travel to Ottawa tomorrow.

From all the information on this website I was able to prepare myself for the entire process.

Thanks to all seniors!!!!!! ;D
Best of luck