+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

jhunna

Jan 19, 2010
Hi Seniors,

Suppose if somebody gets PR card then he becomes citizen of a third country will it affect his PR status,or any problem when he is entering Canada with different country passport other than his original country passport on which his visa was issued.Anybody please answer.

Jhunna

lhou

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2010 (CEM)
AOR Received.
24-05-2010
Med's Request
03-09-2010
Med's Done....
12-10-2010/21/10/2010
Passport Req..
22/11/2010
qorax said:
It doesn't matter that u r entering Calgary from Vancouver. It's here that u get all the foregoing tasks done. And yes, in Calgary u r covered with Healthcare from the day u arrive.

As u enter the POE u'd be met with New Immigrants' Assistance workers. They'd guide u towards all the above, Relax!

Qorax

it's crystal clear to me now, Qorax..
Million thanks for your untiring assistance :)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jhunna said:
Hi Seniors,

Suppose if somebody gets PR card then he becomes citizen of a third country will it affect his PR status,or any problem when he is entering Canada with different country passport other than his original country passport on which his visa was issued.Anybody please answer.

Jhunna
Till u r a PR - not a prob... As u get to Citizenship - u need to check... Some nations do not permit dual citizenship.

Besides, when u enter Canada - after becoming a PR - u flash only the PR card, not the passport.

Qorax

maharlika

Champion Member
Feb 12, 2010
Pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
4131;3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-22-2009, returned; resent 8-09
Doc's Request.
09-24-2009
AOR Received.
02-01-2010
File Transfer...
09-30-2009
Med's Request
06-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-30,31-10
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-21-10
VISA ISSUED...
10/15/2010....reached me on 11/09/2010
LANDED..........
MAY 24, 2011
hello,

wants to ask if I will land just in case in vancouver, would it be alright if after 2-4 weeks i will transfer to another province? or i really need to wait for my pr card to arrive before transferring?

thanks..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you need your PR card only when you are re-entering Canada. Give your PR card mailing address to CIC once you transfer to the other province (say AB or SK).

michaelantiola

Aug 26, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 05,2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 07,2010
AOR Received.
Dec 10,2010
Med's Request
Dec 13, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 4, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 29, 2012
LANDED..........
God willing on Oct 15
thanks so much very informative

michaelantiola

Aug 26, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 05,2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 07,2010
AOR Received.
Dec 10,2010
Med's Request
Dec 13, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 4, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 29, 2012
LANDED..........
God willing on Oct 15
PR CARDS (PRC):
Your PR Card application (IMM 5444E) shall be done at the POE itself. It is part of the PR package [free] and the photos & details will be the same as you supplied for the PPR. Our PR Card/s come back to us via regular post mail, in 3-6 weeks, avg. 4 weeks. It is 'advisable' to stay in Canada for at least 45 days, collect our PRC and then return back [if you must].

If you leave the country before it arrives, u'll have to make arrangements for its collection & forward delivery to you, overseas, thru a friend/relative [Not a Recommended Action], however, done all the time by ppl. But there is a danger of losing it in transit. And if that happens, we'll have a tedious process to get new ones made.

IS IT POSSIBLE AFTER A MONTH I CAN GO TO USA???

hassanbukhari

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all congratulation to you all who landed safely and started new life in canada.

I am looking for a short term rental apartment in mississuaga. Please suggest the best options and share ur experience.

Regards,

Hassan

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hassanbukhari said:
First of all congratulation to you all who landed safely and started new life in canada.

I am looking for a short term rental apartment in mississuaga. Please suggest the best options and share ur experience.

Regards,

Hassan
Read this thread...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/short-stay-accomodation-at-toronto-t34741.0.html

AryandestinyCanada

May 17, 2010
Hello Qorax,

Hope this post find u hale & Hearty..

Today I'm again seeking assistance from seniors on sending my stuff through Flight Cargo. I'm planning to move permanently to Canada on 19th Nov, I got my PR in Aug..

I have heard Kitchen utensils r very expensive over there, so finally my wife and me decided to take as much goods as possible to canada, so that we could save money during inception period(Tax free)....Got good links in cargo, hence decided to sent through Flight cargo.

Now I am seeking advice from those, who had used this facility before.. I have following Queries:

1)It is viable to use home delivery service or should I only provide my uncle address and collect from Airport(Warehouse).
2)What sort of obstacles, I shall solicit, if I use home delivery service.
3)On boxes, should I give both Indian & Candian address.
4) Is their is any special address I have to use for Ontario, while sending my stuff or my uncle address would be sufficient.
5) Is their is any web site or contact number available where I could get all details.

Please help

Aryan

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Dear Qorax,
Yesterday I got my Visa with COPR. There was an error in my spouse's COPR. The last character of the name of her "City of Birth" is missing. pls suggest what to do ? will it be a prob while we land ? or should i reurn her COPR to CHC for correction.

pls response...

swapnochary

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
AryandestinyCanada said:
Hello Qorax,

Hope this post find u hale & Hearty..

Today I'm again seeking assistance from seniors on sending my stuff through Flight Cargo. I'm planning to move permanently to Canada on 19th Nov, I got my PR in Aug..

I have heard Kitchen utensils r very expensive over there, so finally my wife and me decided to take as much goods as possible to canada, so that we could save money during inception period(Tax free)....Got good links in cargo, hence decided to sent through Flight cargo.

Now I am seeking advice from those, who had used this facility before.. I have following Queries:

1)It is viable to use home delivery service or should I only provide my uncle address and collect from Airport(Warehouse).
2)What sort of obstacles, I shall solicit, if I use home delivery service.
3)On boxes, should I give both Indian & Candian address.
4) Is their is any special address I have to use for Ontario, while sending my stuff or my uncle address would be sufficient.
5) Is their is any web site or contact number available where I could get all details.

Please help

Aryan
1. Added the Cargo Costs, u could find the items@comparable rates in Canada as well. IMHO, this shipment of goods from homeland to Canada is an exercise in futility.

2. Yes, the uncle's address will do the job.

3. The home delivery mode might not be useful, 'coz in most cases the goods get stuck@customs - requiring the personal presence & verification of the recipient. Though it'd be released duty-free later.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
swapnochary said:
Dear Qorax,
Yesterday I got my Visa with COPR. There was an error in my spouse's COPR. The last character of the name of her "City of Birth" is missing. pls suggest what to do ? will it be a prob while we land ? or should i reurn her COPR to CHC for correction.

pls response...

swapnochary
Not a problem. This happens due the shortage of character space on each field on the forms/cards. On their system it'd show correctly.

Eg. If the name is "Granderfargoussen" - most likely it'd show "Granderfarg" on the forms/cards.

Relax!
Qorax