+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guiders said:
Dear All,

I'm currently working in Dubai and will be landing in Canada next week and will stay for about 2 weeks. Since I don't intend to move permanently now - will my bank statement and jewelry be enough for proof of funds? Or Do I have to have a bank draft/cheque/etc?
Jewelry is not POF, it's goods accompanying.

If the funds in your bank account are immediately accessible, your bank statement should suffice.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manvar2318 said:
Hey thanks Bhushan.. I was not aware of it at all.. Never heard ...thanks a lot for sharing info from your precious time dear.. :) thanks kuskus once again...I am feeling a bit relaxed now...hopefully will try and take the best decision...all the best with your lives in Canada... :)
Wishing you all the best!

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Hello Forumites

My flight schedule to my final destination in Canada shows that i will do my landing formalities in Montreal Quebec

I am a PNP heading to Halifax. Will there be any issues doing the landing formalities in Montreal, Quebec.

Please can anyone assist with information

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sambisa Valley said:
Hello Forumites

My flight schedule to my final destination in Canada shows that i will do my landing formalities in Montreal Quebec

I am a PNP heading to Halifax. Will there be any issues doing the landing formalities in Montreal, Quebec.

Please can anyone assist with information
No issues, assuming you have a connecting/onward flight to Halifax.

Aamir22

Sep 10, 2015
Hello all.. Need some guidance here.. My wife is the primary applicant and both of us are planning to land in Canada in November first week, the plan is that my wife will return to India after a week or 10 days and will come back to Canada after winters with the kid.

Will that be a problem for her to return to India without the PR card?
Will it be a problem for me to be there when the primary applicant is not in Canada ?
Can I courier the PR card to her when she is coming back (assuming that she cannot travel back without the PR card)

Thanks in advance!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aamir22 said:
Hello all.. Need some guidance here.. My wife is the primary applicant and both of us are planning to land in Canada in November first week, the plan is that my wife will return to India after a week or 10 days and will come back to Canada after winters with the kid.

Will that be a problem for her to return to India without the PR card?
Will it be a problem for me to be there when the primary applicant is not in Canada ?
Can I courier the PR card to her when she is coming back (assuming that she cannot travel back without the PR card)

Thanks in advance!
No, no, yes. :)

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Thanks Kuskus

Do others have a similar view? Anyone else wants to provide their inputs please?

Appreciate it.

kuskus said:
Here's my take, and other more experienced forumers may also chime in.

CA$18,260 is the required settlement funds for the size of your family. You're to either show that amount during your landing formalities or show proof that you have the funds, hence it's referred to as "proof of funds". As long as the funds in your NZ account is verifiable, I think you're good.

manvar2318

Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
Fee deducted:02-Feb-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 01-Mar-2015
AOR Received.
11-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
SLU: 21-May-2015
File Transfer...
23-Mar-2015
Med's Request
21-May-2015
Med's Done....
30-May-2015
Interview........
TLU : 10-Jun-2015, DM :10-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
28-Aug-2015, Submitted : 09-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
23-April-2016
max09 said:
Thanks Kuskus

Do others have a similar view? Anyone else wants to provide their inputs please?

Appreciate it.
Yes...what kuskus said is true...

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
make sure she has the PR card when she returns. She can get in trouble without the card
Lammawitch said:
No, no, yes. :)

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Lammawitch said:
Jewelry is not POF, it's goods accompanying.

If the funds in your bank account are immediately accessible, your bank statement should suffice.
That's great - many thanks for your help :)

boulevard123

Jun 29, 2015
QQ how do you evaluate the value of your goods which you will be carrying to Canada. Is there is a site. For example I have a laptop which is very old so how do I evaluate the value and fill in the B4 form.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boulevard123 said:
QQ how do you evaluate the value of your goods which you will be carrying to Canada. Is there is a site. For example I have a laptop which is very old so how do I evaluate the value and fill in the B4 form.
There is no official site.

You "guesstimate" ;). Eg: your old laptop: how much would you sell it for, if you tried to sell it?

If you have no idea, look at similar items on Craigslist/eBay/Kijiji, etc.

The value only needs to be approximate & realistic. Jewelry, if expensive, may be worth getting an evaluation.

HappyEnding

Sep 11, 2015
Aamir22 said:

Will that be a problem for her to return to India without the PR card? Yes, but you have at least a couple of options
1. apply for a travel document from the Canadian high commission. It's like a visa that allows you to get back into Canada without your PR card
2. Send the card to her like you said in your 3rd question

Will it be a problem for me to be there when the primary applicant is not in Canada ? No

Can I courier the PR card to her when she is coming back (assuming that she cannot travel back without the PR card). Yes

Thanks in advance!
Will that be a problem for her to return to India without the PR card? Yes, but you have at least a couple of options
1. apply for a travel document from the Canadian high commission. It's like a visa that allows you to get back into Canada without your PR card
2. Send the card to her like you said in your 3rd question

Will it be a problem for me to be there when the primary applicant is not in Canada ? No

Can I courier the PR card to her when she is coming back (assuming that she cannot travel back without the PR card). Yes

HappyEnding

Sep 11, 2015
Let me first commend everyone that has been of help to this forum. You are much appreciated.

I just landed in Canada. I spent 3 weeks with the family and planned to go back home to round up with my employer. However, when I returned home, my employer offered me a position that was too good to be turned down and I have accepted it. The implication is that I can no longer meet up with the residency obligations.

My questions :
1. Can I give up the PR Card and apply for a visa instead?
2. If I do not give up my PR Card, do I have an obligation to pay taxes in Canada even though I have a PR card but I do not meet up with the residency criteria of 183 days in a year?

Thank you in advance for helping another confused individual