+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
No. That's for renewal and replacement of a PR card.
So the information I gave is not incorrect. Just wanted to be sure, thanks.

psalmg

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015 Redetermined
Doc's Request.
None
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
27-05-2015 Redone
Interview........
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
Submitted with Docs
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-09-2016
God bless your intellect :-* ;D :D ;)

lively

Jan 13, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to declare my jewellary in things to follow. Pls advise if including it in the form and submitting pictures sufficient or do i need a certificate from a jeweller confirming weight a value.
Thanks in advance.

goodgreen

Jan 13, 2015
Hello,

I will be landing in Totronto by Sep 20th and i am preparing the following documents PR application package, SIN application and Goods to Follow document. Can you please clarify the below questions

1. Can we submit the PR application package in Airport Immigration office itself? Should we need to submit the notorized copies along with the application package?
2. I may be landing on 19th , Saturday , can i apply SIM and PR package on Saturday itself? Will they accept these packages by Saturday?
3. I could only see B4 document but could not see B4A document? can you let me know where it can be downloaded?

Thanks

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodgreen said:
Hello,

I will be landing in Totronto by Sep 20th and i am preparing the following documents PR application package, SIN application and Goods to Follow document. Can you please clarify the below questions

1. Can we submit the PR application package in Airport Immigration office itself? Should we need to submit the notorized copies along with the application package?
No need for PR CARD application: it's done online by the CBSA agent when you land.

2. I may be landing on 19th , Saturday , can i apply SIM and PR package on Saturday itself? Will they accept these packages by Saturday?
Do you mean SIN application? Apparently this can be issued at Pearson, I have no idea what the office opening hours are. Look up "Service Canada locations/opening hours". If you can't do it at the airport, just pick the nearest Service Canada location to where you are staying. no need to prepare any "package" in advance, you need COPR & passport.

3. I could only see B4 document but could not see B4A document? can you let me know where it can be downloaded?

Same form. You just need to distinguish between your goods accompanying & to follow.

Thanks

Canada_Hopefully

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-September-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
TLU on 29-May-2015
Interview........
DM on 14-August-2015
Passport Req..
28-August-2015
Hello friends,
I am a Indian citizen, planning to land in late October 2015. I have a question re: Real Estate. Do Real Estate (principal residence and/or rental property) need to be declared at time of landing? On a similar note, if after some period after landing (say, a year or two), such property is liquidated and the money transferred to Canada, will this money be taxed?

Thank you in anticipation.

Best,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada_Hopefully said:
Hello friends,
I am a Indian citizen, planning to land in late October 2015. I have a question re: Real Estate. Do Real Estate (principal residence and/or rental property) need to be declared at time of landing? On a similar note, if after some period after landing (say, a year or two), such property is liquidated and the money transferred to Canada, will this money be taxed?

Thank you in anticipation.

Best,
Real Estate would not be required to declared at time of landing. Whether or not the money of the proceeds would be taxed, really depends whether or not you are a resident for tax purposes. If you are resident for tax purposes (meaning you have establish your physical living in
Canada for certain number of days in 12 calendar months), then you would have to report your gains for taxation purposes and pay taxes.

goodgreen

Jan 13, 2015
Thank you Lammawitch

I thought we should be downloading the application package and submit for PR Card, should we need to submit any additional documents to process my PR card at POE. Also i have my funds in US Bank , can i just show that Statement for POF

Thanks,

Lammawitch said:
Hello,

No need for PR CARD application: it's done online by the CBSA agent when you land.

Do you mean SIN application? Apparently this can be issued at Pearson, I have no idea what the office opening hours are. Look up "Service Canada locations/opening hours". If you can't do it at the airport, just pick the nearest Service Canada location to where you are staying. no need to prepare any "package" in advance, you need COPR & passport.

Same form. You just need to distinguish between your goods accompanying & to follow.

Thanks

goodgreen

Jan 13, 2015
Also if we don't have to submit the application package for PR card and if it will be done online at POE, can you pls let me know how should i be paying the PR card fees for myself and my family.

goodgreen said:
Thank you Lammawitch

I thought we should be downloading the application package and submit for PR Card, should we need to submit any additional documents to process my PR card at POE. Also i have my funds in US Bank , can i just show that Statement for POF

Thanks,

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodgreen said:
Also if we don't have to submit the application package for PR card and if it will be done online at POE, can you pls let me know how should i be paying the PR card fees for myself and my family.
You already paid that fee, probably with your MR, that's the "RPRF".

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodgreen said:
Thank you Lammawitch

Thanks,
Yes.

goodgreen

Jan 13, 2015
Thank You Kuskus & Lammawitch
So whatever understanding i had on the landing formalities till now it is not correct it seems :) :) , below are my corrected understanding , please let me know if any of the below details are still not correct

1. We donot have to prepare and submit the PR pakages separately, instead it will be done online by CBSA agent online when landed and no additional supporting documents are to be submitted instead CORP , Passport alone as evidence should suffice. No Notarized documents are needed.
2. PR Card processing fees was paid already (RPRF Fees) and dont have to pay spearately now
3. SIN also can be applied at Airport Service Canada and can be recieved immediately
4. There is no separate documents for B4 and B4a instead same document is used for preparing the list (Goods to follow and goods accompanied).

kuskus said:

cknouman

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lively said:
I want to declare my jewellary in things to follow. Pls advise if including it in the form and submitting pictures sufficient or do i need a certificate from a jeweller confirming weight a value.
Thanks in advance.
Jeweler' certificate not required. Only include it on the form and take pictures and mention the price on the pictures also

cknouman

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodgreen said:
Hello,

Thanks
PR card application form not needed. Immigration officers will fill it themselves. I also landed on Saturday morning two weeks ago and services Canada desk wasn't working. You'll also have to go for SIN on Monday. B4 is just the same form which is used for goods accompanying as well as goods to gollow

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodgreen said:
Thank You Kuskus & Lammawitch
So whatever understanding i had on the landing formalities till now it is not correct it seems :) :) , below are my corrected understanding , please let me know if any of the below details are still not correct

1. We donot have to prepare and submit the PR pakages separately, instead it will be done online by CBSA agent online when landed and no additional supporting documents are to be submitted instead CORP , Passport alone as evidence should suffice. No Notarized documents are needed.
2. PR Card processing fees was paid already (RPRF Fees) and dont have to pay spearately now
3. SIN also can be applied at Airport Service Canada and can be recieved immediately
4. There is no separate documents for B4 and B4a instead same document is used for preparing the list (Goods to follow and goods accompanied).
Pretty sums it all up. Wish you a safe trip and a pleasant landing.