+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

haricanada

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Nomination.....
29 dec 2014
AOR Received.
second line 20th March 2015
Med's Request
15th April 2015
Med's Done....
21st April 2015. third line update on 4th may 2015
Passport Req..
28th May DM 29th May
VISA ISSUED...
16 June 2015
Dear Members,

I am practicing filling PR application form (IMM 5444E), and have many doubts. Please clarify. I think this would be useful to all, who would fill the form.

1. Section 2 of the form - Date you became a permanent resident of Canada? (what shall i specify?)

2. Section 12 asks for current residential address in Canada and Section 13 is asking for mailing address in Canada. Can these two have different addresses? We got one shared accommadation, which we would mention in Section 12, and we thought of providing our consultant address for mailing PR cards. Please clarify, if this is OK?

3. Section 14 - asking for telephone number. Is this OK, if left blank (as we will not have any Canada phone number by the time). Or, do we have to take one?

4. Section 16 - Place you became permanent reseident of Canada - What shall i fill here? Is it POE or actual destination? We are landing at Ottawa, but travelling to Toronto.

5. Section 19 - Address History - I understand that i shall fill all the addresses where we stayed for last 5 years. Do I have to mention about my stay during any business trips to abroad? or, just my home address at bangalore?

6. Section 21 - Travelling History - What shall we fill here, as we are doing first landing, and all the time we were outside canada. Do i have to mention all the business trips from India to abroad?

7. Section 22 - Is it applicable to fill during first landing?

Please clarify.

Thanks,

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haricanada said:
Dear Members,

I am practicing filling PR application form (IMM 5444E), and have many doubts. Please clarify. I think this would be useful to all, who would fill the form.

1. Section 2 of the form - Date you became a permanent resident of Canada? (what shall i specify?)

2. Section 12 asks for current residential address in Canada and Section 13 is asking for mailing address in Canada. Can these two have different addresses? We got one shared accommadation, which we would mention in Section 12, and we thought of providing our consultant address for mailing PR cards. Please clarify, if this is OK?

3. Section 14 - asking for telephone number. Is this OK, if left blank (as we will not have any Canada phone number by the time). Or, do we have to take one?

4. Section 16 - Place you became permanent reseident of Canada - What shall i fill here? Is it POE or actual destination? We are landing at Ottawa, but travelling to Toronto.

5. Section 19 - Address History - I understand that i shall fill all the addresses where we stayed for last 5 years. Do I have to mention about my stay during any business trips to abroad? or, just my home address at bangalore?

6. Section 21 - Travelling History - What shall we fill here, as we are doing first landing, and all the time we were outside canada. Do i have to mention all the business trips from India to abroad?

7. Section 22 - Is it applicable to fill during first landing?

Please clarify.

Thanks,
You absolutely do NOT need to fill this form bro, it will done by the IO. Wish you guys a safe and happy landing.

sunny1985

Jan 28, 2015
Hi,

after landing in canada if I receive money in my new Canadian bank account will they charge tax on that income. And should I declare it before that I am supposed to receive money in my bank account? Need expert opinion.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunny1985 said:
Hi,

after landing in canada if I receive money in my new Canadian bank account will they charge tax on that income. And should I declare it before that I am supposed to receive money in my bank account? Need expert opinion.
That will depend on the source of the income. You do not have to declare it it advance.

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
Hi
When you declare goods to follow at the POE they can be cash or kind. Having said this, what I mean is that whatever stuff you get within one year of your entry is not taxable, provided you have declared it. I had my provident fund when I entered which was supposed to follow me and I told the immigration officer. He just marked my COPR with goods to follow. First entry is the only time when the money you get is not taxable but provided you have declared it in advance.

sunny1985 said:
Hi,

aks2010

Star Member
May 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014; Lawyer/consultant hired?: No.; PER Received.: 07-01-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015; Med's Results Rcvd: 26-05-2015;
Passport Req..
22-07-2015; Decision Made:25-07-2015; Passport Submitted: 27-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015; Passport Returned: 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015;ECAS Status:Complete 31-10-2015
GariKam said:
Hi
When you declare goods to follow at the POE they can be cash or kind. Having said this, what I mean is that whatever stuff you get within one year of your entry is not taxable, provided you have declared it. I had my provident fund when I entered which was supposed to follow me and I told the immigration officer. He just marked my COPR with goods to follow. First entry is the only time when the money you get is not taxable but provided you have declared it in advance.
Do we need to make separate declarations for principal applicant and dependent? I mean, I am the principal applicant and does my wife need to give a separate declaration regarding the money that she may receive in her account?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuskus said:
You absolutely do NOT need to fill this form bro, it will done by the IO. Wish you guys a safe and happy landing.
This is incorrect advice. This form shall be complete only if the PR holder needs to replace or renew their PR card upon their existing card has expired, lost or damaged. Holders of COPR who have not landed or complete their landing formality don't need to fill this form.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
This is incorrect advice. This form shall be complete only if the PR holder needs to replace or renew their PR card upon their existing card has expired, lost or damaged. Holders of COPR who have not landed or complete their landing formality don't need to fill this form.
Is he supposed to fill the form for his landing formalities? Cos that's his question.

sunny1985

Jan 28, 2015
GariKam said:
Hi
One of my relatives is going to transfer the money from England to my account. This is exactly my case. Now what should I do?

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
It would be good if you take advice from other seniors too.. As far as I know when you declare you have goods to follow for who ever has goods to follow that means your wife too.. You are allowed to get you stuff cash/kind within one year of entry taxfree.
I told visa officer the same thing and he wrote goods to follow on my COPR without any description of what was to follow.

sunny1985 said:
One of my relatives is going to transfer the money from England to my account. This is exactly my case. Now what should I do?

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hi Guys,

I'm going to land in Toronto on 19 of Sept.
Could you advise regarding:

- Best bank in term of online services and can accept opening an account with USD option.
- Best Mobile operator which offers/accepts roaming in the gulf area.
- Good lawyer for consultancy who is specialized in Family immigration.

Thanks

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
mr.gk said:
Hi Guys,

I'm going to land in Toronto on 19 of Sept.
Could you advise regarding:

- Best bank in term of online services and can accept opening an account with USD option.
- Best Mobile operator which offers/accepts roaming in the gulf area.
- Good lawyer for consultancy who is specialized in Family immigration.

Thanks
Best hotel also

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Hi Guys

Can you please provide me some inputs on my query below.

Thanks and appreciate.

max09 said:
Hi Guys

I received my COPR and visa a couple of months ago.
I am planning to visit CA for 15 days in October as my first entry and get the PR card and SIN. After that I will come back to NZ where I am currently living and will permanently move to CA after some time.
We are a family of three and on the website the required amount of funds is CAD18260.
I am planning to take CAD5000 as cash and for the rest we have funds available in our bank account in NZ. Together the cash and back balance well fulfill the CAD18260 requirement.
The question I have is if the official at the airport would consider the bank balance certificate from the bank in NZ? Do not want to carry traveler cheques in order to prevent the dual currency conversion charges and the service fee.
I will also be carrying the property evaluation papers for my property in India, this is the document I had originally submitted while applying for the PR.

Would really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Gravity

May 18, 2010
Experts, I have alberta learner licence class-7. Now going to Ottawa for few months. Can I still drive with a fully driver licenced-driver OR do I need some other requirement??

/

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuskus said:
Is he supposed to fill the form for his landing formalities? Cos that's his question.
No. That's for renewal and replacement of a PR card.