+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Qorax / Leon

My scheduled date of departure is 13th October 2010 and my return will be after completing the Landing formalities 18th October.

I have filled B4 list for only Goods to Follow. Do I need to prepare one for Good accompanying? as stuff I will carry is just for 1 week. Please clarify

I have booked accommodation in Stay 6 as they have kitchen attached with room and me carry Groceries for a week and go with family.

Only query here - Do they have Airport pickup facility? When my friend called the help desk (after the lobby hours), they updated.. there is no facility.

My attention list during the stay

(1) SIN - apply
(2) Driving license - is possible?

PR Card - anyway I have arranged a friend of mine - home address.

Thanks
Sujamana.

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Sujamana,
You can easily get the airport VAN Taxi just outside the airport; in case you don't have this part of your hotel package.

SIN and bank account can be opened very next day and so is the driving registeration.

Enjoy and have a safe flight.

Regards
sujamana said:
Qorax / Leon

My scheduled date of departure is 13th October 2010 and my return will be after completing the Landing formalities 18th October.

I have filled B4 list for only Goods to Follow. Do I need to prepare one for Good accompanying? as stuff I will carry is just for 1 week. Please clarify

I have booked accommodation in Stay 6 as they have kitchen attached with room and me carry Groceries for a week and go with family.

Only query here - Do they have Airport pickup facility? When my friend called the help desk (after the lobby hours), they updated.. there is no facility.

My attention list during the stay

(1) SIN - apply
(2) Driving license - is possible?

PR Card - anyway I have arranged a friend of mine - home address.

Thanks
Sujamana.

jerry2121

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
Hi Qorax, Is necessary to use an Excel program to organize the B4 list accompanying and list to follow or should I just print out the form as it is by typing in number of items and models if needed? Do you have any excel sample somewhere used for B4 that I should look at if u don't mind?
Thanks a bunch my friend!!!

tmo

May 25, 2010
Hi Qorax, in fact I received the PR cards for myself and my wife while for my 2 boys I checked and they told me they have photos problems, where I will receive a letter stating that.
My issue is that we are out of Canada actually and I believe I have to present the new photos myself (as main applicant), do I need to bring my boys with me or simply I can present the photos alone?
And do I need to have their passports with me, or it is no needed.

Appreciate your support.

Best regards,
TMO

sujamana

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Finally in Studio 6 after a long day 13th / completed the immigration / customs at POE.

I have to fax a form with address / contact phone number to Immigration office for sending the PR Cards once process complete, as I was not able to provide the contact number yesterday.

Have to go to Service Canada today / tomorrow to apply for SIN number

and in customs, they are very happy with the Good to follow form (2 copies ) and detail list in Excel sheet with Photograph of Jewels.
courtesy Qorax.

and it's raining when we landed hotel and many thanks to Qorax, Leon and Unknown friends who shared their inputs to complete this trip without issues.

The Immigration lady told us, we have to meet 2 years stay (/5 years) in Canada to retain the PR Card.

So every trip (to Canada) counts and told us to preserve the tickets and the original of COPR enclosed in the PP to apply for Citizenship.

thank you all.

"sujamana"

Derry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tmo said:
Hi Qorax, in fact I received the PR cards for myself and my wife while for my 2 boys I checked and they told me they have photos problems, where I will receive a letter stating that.
My issue is that we are out of Canada actually and I believe I have to present the new photos myself (as main applicant), do I need to bring my boys with me or simply I can present the photos alone?
And do I need to have their passports with me, or it is no needed.

Appreciate your support.

Best regards,
TMO
1. U have to bring your kids along. Sometimes they click the pics on the spot - & do not accept presented photos.

2. The pps & COPR would be required.

chuchay21

Sep 15, 2010
We have completed our landing process last sunday. I would like to say (a huge) THANKS to Qorax, Mari_cd and all those who have patiently answered all my queries and also to those who continue to reply to my current questions. This forum has greatly helped us with our preparations!

Again THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

dubai321

Oct 1, 2010
Hi Seniors,

I landed in the end of August. I provided address of my friend and customer accepted the address to send PR card. 50 days passed. I have not received my PR card. I am in original country now. I checked on CIC website, the time frame to process PR card now is 32 days. What should I do now? Please advise me.

Thank you so much.

jhunna

Jan 19, 2010
Hi Senoirs,
I just wanted to know if somebody leaves canada before getting the PR card and there is some problem with the PR card,can he reenter Canada by road through US on COPR.Please answer anybody.

jhunna

jhunna

Jan 19, 2010
Hi Seniors,
I just wanted to know if somebody leaves canada before getting the PR card and there is some problem with the PR card,can he reenter Canada by road through US on COPR.Please answer anybody.

jhunna

Derry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhunna said:
Hi Seniors,

jhunna
Yes, s/he can. U don't require the PRCs to enter by road, only the pps+COPR suffices.

sps

Oct 21, 2008
jawadahmed6065 said:
Sujamana,
You can easily get the airport VAN Taxi just outside the airport; in case you don't have this part of your hotel package.

SIN and bank account can be opened very next day and so is the driving registeration.

Enjoy and have a safe flight.

Regards
I have a US Driving License vaild till December 2010. I will be travelling to Canada Toronto from October 31 to Nov5. I will have 4 working days. Is it possible for me to get a Canadian Driver licence. If so please let me know what all docuemtns I need for the same.

REgards
sps

Derry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sps said:
I have a US Driving License vaild till December 2010. I will be travelling to Canada Toronto from October 31 to Nov5. I will have 4 working days. Is it possible for me to get a Canadian Driver licence. If so please let me know what all docuemtns I need for the same.

REgards
sps
It's "swappable" on-the-spot. Just carry your US DL & the Abstract.

sps

Oct 21, 2008
Thanks Derry. Will I need to give any address proof like bank statement or rent agreement. Alos what do you mean by "Abstract"

SPS

Derry

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, a local Canadian Address is a MUST. The abstract u get from your MTO -- it's a description of your DL.