+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
cooldoc80 said:
Dear All

I plan to land in Toronto and stay for a month and come back , During my landing i intend to give a PR address in Edmonton of friends of us .

Also i Intend to come back to Edmonton after a couple of months as my wife would settle there to give birth ( Thanks to Leon , I already know she should stay for 6 /12 months )

My question are the following and I would be really grateful if somebody who is sure could answer

1- Is there a problem giving a PR address of Edmonton even if i don't intend to go to that city in the first landing ?

2- If i Don't apply for health card at Ontario , would it be possible to apply for Alberta health care upon our 2nd landing at edmonton and get insurance from first day ( this is really important as my wife would be at late pregnancy ) ??
or I should Waite for 3 months because i would be considered moving from TORONTO ?

3- Regarding SIN , do you advise I apply for it at toronto when i land or its better to postponed it till next visit when we settle permenantly in Edmonton and apply for health card with SIN together

4- If I open a bank account At TAD or SCoti at Toronto upon landing , would it be easy to change the address of my bank upon 2nd landing in Edmonton and get a ( BANKS STATEMENT with my Edmonton address on it right away ) ,,, or i would have to open a New account in Edmonton .

Thanks all for your Help , I couldnt make it to here without this wonderful forum
1. that shouldn't be a problem

2. yes you can apply for the alberta health card upon second landing. you don't have to wait 3 months upon second landing - alberta provides coverage since the first day you move to the province

3.SIN has nothing to do with the province. it is provided by "service Canada". you can apply for it on your first landing or second landing - as you wish.

4. yes you can open a bank account in toronto and later update the bank with your new address in alberta upon second landing

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
EMAMABD

thanks alot

just regarding the 2nd point , how would alberta conclude that i'm eligible for first day health care card ??? wouldnt they say i landed in toronto and stayed in it for a month so by doing this I didnt intend to live in ALBERTA when i landed ??? how do they make the decision ?

also regarding the SIN , are you saying the SIN is not unique for each province ?? wouldnt I be considered as a toronto resident if i apply for it at TORONTO AREA ??? and if I apply to it in toronto which address should i give ??? should i give the an Edmonton address ??

thanks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
cooldoc80 said:
EMAMABD

thanks alot

just regarding the 2nd point , how would alberta conclude that i'm eligible for first day health care card ??? wouldnt they say i landed in toronto and stayed in it for a month so by doing this I didnt intend to live in ALBERTA when i landed ??? how do they make the decision ?

also regarding the SIN , are you saying the SIN is not unique for each province ?? wouldnt I be considered as a toronto resident if i apply for it at TORONTO AREA ??? and if I apply to it in toronto which address should i give ??? should i give the an Edmonton address ??

thanks
i) Regarding health card, see below - since you will be moving to alberta from "abroad" :
Moving to Alberta from outside Canada / immigrants

If you are moving or returning to Alberta from outside Canada, you might be eligible for coverage on the date of your arrival. You must register within 3 months of arrival. Newcomers to Canada are required to present a copy of their Canada entry document along with their other supporting documents.

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/moving-to-Alberta.html

ii) SIN is not per province, being an Ontario resident or Alberta resident doesn't matter.
You will need only COPR and passport to apply for the SIN.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
emamabd said:
i) Regarding health card, see below - since you will be moving to alberta from "abroad" :
Moving to Alberta from outside Canada / immigrants

If you are moving or returning to Alberta from outside Canada, you might be eligible for coverage on the date of your arrival. You must register within 3 months of arrival. Newcomers to Canada are required to present a copy of their Canada entry document along with their other supporting documents.

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/moving-to-Alberta.html

ii) SIN is not per province, being an Ontario resident or Alberta resident doesn't matter.
You will need only COPR and passport to apply for the SIN.

Thanks buddy thats very informative BUT , if I would be coming to canada for the 2nd time and (during the first time ) i didnt stay in alberta , WOULD I STILL BE CONSIDERED AS SOMONE COMING FROM OUTSIDE OR ( INSIDE OF CANADA ) ???

Also regarding the SIN , SO i get you right , you are saying i can apply it in my first visit at TORONTO and no need to Delay it until next landing in edmonton ?

thanks a lot

Sar2014

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with file
Nomination.....
25-09-2014 (PER Mail)
IELTS Request
sent with file
Med's Request
11-11-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014 (3rd line updated 27th Dec)
Interview........
Waived off (FBI PCC 03-03-2015)
Passport Req..
20-03-2015 (DM On 25-03-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015 ( as appears in Visa)
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Hi,

I am planning complete landing formalities in June 1st week from U.S.Planning to stay for a week and come back to U.S

My questions are.

1. Planning to Land by road .We have our own car with proper insurance .Are we allowed to drive in to Canada ? any documents required ?

2.I understood there are different entries from U.S. Which one is recommended?

3.In a weeks stay .Can we complete all required formalities like SIN,insurance ,Bank accounts etc ?

4.I am not so clear with AVR. Is it applicable for L1 &L2 holders also. We dont want our I94 to change while entering back to U.S

Please suggest

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
cooldoc80 said:
Thanks buddy thats very informative BUT , if I would be coming to canada for the 2nd time and (during the first time ) i didnt stay in alberta , WOULD I STILL BE CONSIDERED AS SOMONE COMING FROM OUTSIDE OR ( INSIDE OF CANADA ) ???

Also regarding the SIN , SO i get you right , you are saying i can apply it in my first visit at TORONTO and no need to Delay it until next landing in edmonton ?

thanks a lot
When you will be moving to alberta in your second landing you will be considered as someone coming from "outside canada". (Even if you decided to land again in Toronto in your second landing, Ontario will still consider you as someone moving from outside canada - cause thats what it is ...you are moving from abroad and not from within the country)

Yes you can do your SIN in toronto, you don't have to wait until you do your second landing in Alberta.

mvk05

Nov 21, 2014
Hello all,

Congrats to all who have got ur PRs and now planning to land. I have a query which is not related to landing but related to the process that you all have followed before receiving ur DM/PPR request.

I had received medicals email on 15th May and got it done on 16th may. I made rprf payment also the very same day through CC. On 17th May I collected all documents: passport copies (front and back pages), medical forms signed and stamped by panel doctor, medical payment receipt, online RPRF receipt and a cover letter and scanned them all and emailed it to WVO. (Only scanned copies emailed, no hard copies sent by courier)

my TLU was done on 26th May, which confirmed that my medicals have been received.

Now, I come to know from many other forum members that I need to send ALL PAGES of my passport and not just the front and back page...it means that I need to send all blank pages as well as all past VISA Stampings done on my passport. IS THIS CORRECT? Do I need to resend all the documents with all pages of passport?

I am sure only you ppl in this forum can help me with the correct response as you have already gone through the entire process and have received your PRs.

Please advise so that I can take immediate action and resend all the documents through email if required.

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
mvk05 said:
Hello all,

Congrats to all who have got ur PRs and now planning to land. I have a query which is not related to landing but related to the process that you all have followed before receiving ur DM/PPR request.

I had received medicals email on 15th May and got it done on 16th may. I made rprf payment also the very same day through CC. On 17th May I collected all documents: passport copies (front and back pages), medical forms signed and stamped by panel doctor, medical payment receipt, online RPRF receipt and a cover letter and scanned them all and emailed it to WVO. (Only scanned copies emailed, no hard copies sent by courier)

my TLU was done on 26th May, which confirmed that my medicals have been received.

Now, I come to know from many other forum members that I need to send ALL PAGES of my passport and not just the front and back page...it means that I need to send all blank pages as well as all past VISA Stampings done on my passport. IS THIS CORRECT? Do I need to resend all the documents with all pages of passport?

I am sure only you ppl in this forum can help me with the correct response as you have already gone through the entire process and have received your PRs.

Please advise so that I can take immediate action and resend all the documents through email if required.

Thanks in advance. Cheers!
Just read carefully to what documents exactly are requested by visa office. As per my experience, there is no need to send all pages including blank ones. Only bio pages are required...

quartz

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hi All,

I am preparing my B4 (GTA and GTF) documents.

Question - There are some good like laptop, Ipad etc which I will be taking with me during my short landing and will be mentioning under Goods To Accompany.I would be taking them back to my country and getting them again during my permanent move(second entry into Canada).

Please let me know if I need to mention these items in my Goods to Follow document too.

Thanks,

AlexVA

Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
Hello Experts,

I have a quick question. I got my passport back with the Canadian PR last month with the expiration of Feb 2016.

Do I have to do anything from my side between the time now and landing in Canada.

I have also applied for US Permanent residency which I am very hopefully to get in few months. Is there anyway I can save both my Canada PR and my US residency?

Any advise would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
AlexVA said:
Hello Experts,

I have a quick question. I got my passport back with the Canadian PR last month with the expiration of Feb 2016.

Do I have to do anything from my side between the time now and landing in Canada.

I have also applied for US Permanent residency which I am very hopefully to get in few months. Is there anyway I can save both my Canada PR and my US residency?

Thanks
Hi, on what basis you have applied for US PR?

AlexVA

Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
Hi Fahad,

Its through my current employment and I should be submitting my I-140 and 485 in a week or so as my Priority date is current.

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Hello all,

I am looking for 1 bedroom set in/ around Surrey (BC). We are a couple and need private room with independent kitchen starting from 30-Sep-2015. Anyone please suggest the best way to find one with economical rent. High speed internet/ Wifi will also be needed from the very first day.

nrmp

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Sept-2014
AOR Received.
26-mar-2015
Med's Request
29-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
30-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
13-May-2015
Hello
I have a question!!
Me and my husband want to land first and live our kids in town. Our first plan was to one of us come back to pick it up in a month, but since the PR card processing time it's 2-3 month after the application we won't be able to do that.
So we're lookig for information if kids can land with another person that his parent for the first time in Canada?

Any information will be great.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
AlexVA said:
Hello Experts,

Thanks
just curious...why would you want a canadian PR if you'll be getting a US green card and you are already working there i guess?