+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
nrmp said:
Hello
I have a question!!
Me and my husband want to land first and live our kids in town. Our first plan was to one of us come back to pick it up in a month, but since the PR card processing time it's 2-3 month after the application we won't be able to do that.
So we're lookig for information if kids can land with another person that his parent for the first time in Canada?

Any information will be great.
Yes kids can land later with parents, or one parent with approval from the other. better to bring all togather it will help u processing their PR and SIN etc at one time, otherwise u have to double work.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
quartz said:
Hi All,

I am preparing my B4 (GTA and GTF) documents.

Question - There are some good like laptop, Ipad etc which I will be taking with me during my short landing and will be mentioning under Goods To Accompany.I would be taking them back to my country and getting them again during my permanent move(second entry into Canada).

Please let me know if I need to mention these items in my Goods to Follow document too.

Thanks,
No need

anjcan

Dec 29, 2014
Thanks to all forumites for sharing their experiences.

CAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUCESSFULLY LANDED SHARE THEIR B4 GOODS ACCOMPANING AND GOODS TO FOLLOW LIST IN THIS FORUM
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THANKS IN ADVANCE

RRRCJ

Jun 9, 2015
Hello forumites,

Can anybody suggest the minimum decent wage that is required for living ..I mean we are a family of 5, me, my spouse and 3 kids.
Just to have an idea before we come there ...how much we need to earn to survive for a family of 5...seniors..please help..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RRRCJ said:
Hello forumites,

Can anybody suggest the minimum decent wage that is required for living ..I mean we are a family of 5, me, my spouse and 3 kids.
Just to have an idea before we come there ...how much we need to earn to survive for a family of 5...seniors..please help..
Which province?

nrmp

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Sept-2014
AOR Received.
26-mar-2015
Med's Request
29-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
30-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
13-May-2015
Hello!!!

I would like to know if it's recommedable to land at night to do the landing documents?
I'm searching for airlines ticket but I'm doing a research before I select wich one.

ThanKs

sumg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
08-Dec-2014
Med's Request
17-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
23-Mar-2015; Meds Received: 31-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
HI,

Is the B4/B4A family specific or can each person can carry a B4 - specifically GTF?
Our plan is for the PA to land first, followed by family after a couple of months.

I was wondering if the B4 carried by PA needs to include all goods to follow?
Can the family carry another B4 with GTF?

Tashabee

Oct 20, 2014
I just got my COPR on Thursday and I soooo excited!! :p

I'm looking land in July/August and was wondering if anyone knew what is needed to rent an apartment?

I was wondering if there are any open lease apartments or short term apartments and where can I find them.

Any advice would be appreciated!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tashabee said:
I just got my COPR on Thursday and I soooo excited!! :p

I'm looking land in July/August and was wondering if anyone knew what is needed to rent an apartment?

I was wondering if there are any open lease apartments or short term apartments and where can I find them.

Any advice would be appreciated!
If you don't any specific cities, then check the housing forum for ads. They would tell you what you need.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Search on kijiji.ca for rentals

Tashabee

Oct 20, 2014
steaky said:
If you don't any specific cities, then check the housing forum for ads. They would tell you what you need.
I'm thinking etobicoke or north york, any housing forums for those areas?

Savnik

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
steaky said:
Hi,

Im flying end of July to Toronto. I'm looking for accommodation assistance and open to team up to share an apartment.

Im a single person and would like to know the minimum rent i'll have to shell out if its gonna be single occupancy household.

Regards,

Savnik

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
HI

Could anybody who are sure from this question answer me plzzz

upon landing i want to open a bank account (the next day) as i will bring my money in cash and dont want to keep with me .

IS it TRUE THAT THE BANK WILL NOT OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT FOR ME UNLESS I HAVE A PERMENANT ADDRESS?! I intend to only stay in toronto for 3 weeks , so could you please confirm to me if its possible to open a bank account the 2nd day of landing ?

than ks

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
HI

upon landing i want to open a bank account (the next day) as i will bring my money in cash and dont want to keep with me .

IS it TRUE THAT THE BANK WILL NOT OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT FOR ME UNLESS I HAVE A PERMENANT ADDRESS?! I intend to only stay in toronto for 3 weeks , so could you please confirm to me if its possible to open a bank account the 2nd day of landing ?

than ks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
cooldoc80 said:
HI

than ks
yes you can open an account on your second day of landing. you will need to have at least 2 pieces of id - so your passport and copr will suffice.
you can give the bank your address and explain to them that you will be staying there for only 3 weeks. No issues with that.