+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
Ranjit,

Do you want risk traveling that far and not landing for not carrying POF? Please carry atleast 10K CAD and the rest you can show as investments.
After you get the PR card and when u land the second time you'd be NOT going to the immigration section at all. It would be customs and straight to baggage section like all Canadians/PR holders. So no question of Immi officer asking for POF for second time.

RanjitNagi said:
Hi Tag4u,

Is it really possible not to carry POF if you are coming for short landing?

Secondly, If we have shown the POF upon our first landing, then in any case, will immigration officer ask for POF during second(or subsequent) landing in Canada.
Have we seen any cases where immigration officer ask to show POF on second(final) landing?

Why i'm asking this is because i have plan to spend money after our short landing and for second landing I wont be having sufficient funds... Please help

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
Primary applicant need to show full POF when asked. So it is advised to carry full 18K with you. For your son and wife it will be not required as you have already landed by then with full POF.

asb30 said:
Hi buddies,

I have finally booked a KLM ticket to Calgary on 3rd July 2015 from New Delhi. Initially going alone for couple of months to settle down, then followed by my wife and 5 months old son after few months.

Anyone else travelling like me looking for a company?

I also hve a question regarding pof :

Now that I m travlling alone, do I need to carry proof of funds required for single person (around CAD 11k) or do I need to carry pof of all 3 family members (around CAD 18k) even though I m going alone?

If I need to carry single person pof, how much do I need when my wife and son are coming?

Or if i need to carry whole pof of CAD 18k while going alone, do I need to arrange for it again when my wife n son are arriving after few months?

Would really appreciate clarity on pof as it's kind of difficult to arrange it multiple times.

Regards
asb

Hari412

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
27-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
1-4-2015, Third Line 11-4-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2015
LANDED..........
17-07-2015
I am planning to complete landing formalities this month, driving from US to Canada. Is a Bank Statement & a letter showing POF in USD acceptable? Or does it have to be in CAD only?

abhishek1985

Sep 24, 2014
Hi Guys

I am just looking at the options under Proof of residency to avail Ontario health insurance coverage.

Under List 1 and list 3 we can provide COPR and Passport but what about proof of residency.

As we will be staying at Uncles house so we are not able to find any relevant doc.

Please advise as my wife is pregnant and it is urgent to apply for it so that by 10 oct we get Health cover.

Regards
Abhishek

dagocanada

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hello frineds,

I am about to book my flight. However the flight reaches toronto at 7:30 in the evening.

Can the immigration formalities be completed at that time? Any other issues. Is the city too far from airport since I think it will be 10:00 PM by the time i am able to get out of airport.

Kindly advise

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dagocanada said:
Hello frineds,

I am about to book my flight. However the flight reaches toronto at 7:30 in the evening.

Can the immigration formalities be completed at that time? Any other issues. Is the city too far from airport since I think it will be 10:00 PM by the time i am able to get out of airport.

Kindly advise
7:30 is fine. Besides the airport is within the city (Misissauga/ part of Greater Toronto) limits.

dagocanada

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Dear Steaky,

Thanks for reply. Will the immigration counters be open at that time? Does anyone have any experience of landing at this time? Any other difficulties?

steaky said:
7:30 is fine. Besides the airport is within the city (Misissauga/ part of Greater Toronto) limits.

John_S

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Hari412 said:
I am planning to complete landing formalities this month, driving from US to Canada. Is a Bank Statement & a letter showing POF in USD acceptable? Or does it have to be in CAD only?
I completed my landing last week travelling from US to Canada. I took Bank statement/Balance statement from US bank. But no one asked me at the border.

cknouman

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello every one - We're planning to land in mid August this year. Those who have already landed, can you please share how much temporary medical insurance will cost per person for first three months. I reckon we will be expected to purchase our health insurance in the absence of our permanent medical coverage for first three months.

Cheers

Gravity

May 18, 2010
need to know . I am the PA LANDING IN JUNE AND CARRYING 11CAD $. SPOUSE WILL ARRIVE IN JULY ONLY FOR FEW DAYS HE WILL CARRY THE REST OF POF . IS THIS OK ? WHEN THE 2ND PERSON IS NOT ACCOMPANYING THAN IT DOESNT MAKE SENCE TO "CARRY FULL MONEY !

AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THEIR CIC WEBSITE AS FOLLOWS ;

1 PERSON = 11K CAD $
2 PERSON = 14K CAD $

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Gravity said:
need to know . I am the PA LANDING IN JUNE AND CARRYING 11CAD $. SPOUSE WILL ARRIVE IN JULY ONLY FOR FEW DAYS HE WILL CARRY THE REST OF POF . IS THIS OK ? WHEN THE 2ND PERSON IS NOT ACCOMPANYING THAN IT DOESNT MAKE SENCE TO "CARRY FULL MONEY !

AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THEIR CIC WEBSITE AS FOLLOWS ;

1 PERSON = 11K CAD $
2 PERSON = 14K CAD $
Only the principal applicant is accountable for showing the full POF for his/her family members. Other accompanying family members can land either with the principal applicant or later after the principal applicant
- but in all cases they are not required to show funds.

So bottom line...as you are the PA, you need to show POF for your whole family members when you land.

Prabh2132

Dec 24, 2013
tag4u said:
Had traveled via Heathrow a week ago and I would say it is the busiest airports that I have seen. If your transit is through Terminal 5, your initial flight would land on either Gate B or Gate C. You would have to take a train from Gate B/C to Gate A to complete the security. This whole process of landing at the airport and going to Gate A security area would take about 15-20 minutes. The security check itself will take about 10 mins max. Make sure you won't carry(each) more than 100ml of liquids/cream/paste in your carry-on/hand-bags. So after about 30 mins of your landing security check would be done and you will be ready to go to your gate/terminal once your next flight information is displayed on the screen. Note that the gate info is posted only 90 mins before the flight. So you might have to wait at Gate A if you have lots of time for the next flight. Also lots of International flights start from Gate C, so my guess is you would have to again catch a train to Gate C when your flight info is displayed. (Again 15 mins max). Yes there will be a little walking to be done.

Yes it is the busiest airports as you said, but there are a few quiet spots where you can settle down with your infant and family (Gate A7 especially). If you have more than 2 hour layover at Heathrow I would definitely recommend it. Also there are ample elevators to use for the baby trolley. Do not use the escalators with the baby please. Let me know if you have more questions.
I would be travelling to toronto from delhi on 31st aug via British airways flight and will be transiting through heathrow terminal 5. we have only 1 hour and 40 mins transit time. can you please advice based on your experince how fast we need to be to catch the next flight. also, if you have travelled via british airways, how supposrtive is the airline during transit process at heathrow.

Hari412

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
27-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
1-4-2015, Third Line 11-4-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2015
LANDED..........
17-07-2015
John_S said:
I completed my landing last week travelling from US to Canada. I took Bank statement/Balance statement from US bank. But no one asked me at the border.
Thanks for responding!

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
100 minutes is more than sufficient for you to complete the transit formalities. You'd land most probably on Gate C, don't waste any time watching maps/boards etc but go straight to the area where a train leaves for Gate A. As I said earlier, it would take max 15 minutes for you to reach the train and in 5 minutes you'd be in Gate A. On Gate A, you should be completing security checks which would take another 15 minutes. So in about 30-40 minutes you will be ready to go to your gate. Once you complete your security, check on the screens nearby where is your flight departing from.

Toronto flights is usually scheduled on gate B, so another train journey. Also this flight is usually delayed for about 15-20 minutes almost every day. So all in all you should be in the next flight gate in about 45 minutes after you land.

Prabh2132 said:
I would be travelling to toronto from delhi on 31st aug via British airways flight and will be transiting through heathrow terminal 5. we have only 1 hour and 40 mins transit time. can you please advice based on your experince how fast we need to be to catch the next flight. also, if you have travelled via british airways, how supposrtive is the airline during transit process at heathrow.

vikide

Aug 12, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-03-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
30-11-2014
Med's Request
30-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport with visa received on 4th June
LANDED..........
hopefully August month...:)
I'm planning to land in Toronto and complete my landing formalities there.

Can somebody share these details about Toronto:
which area is near to IT companies in toronto ?
how difficult is it to search for a 1 BHK ? and the rent expected for 1 BHK?