+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Vigilant said:
Hi,
I landed Yesterday via Air Canada from London to Toronto (Pearson International Airport). The flight experience was terrible specially the check in service, and the food (Muslim Meal). Unfortunately I had a seat with a family who were having a two years kid who cried throughout the flight so couldn't manage to sleep. The entertainment system was too slow and the head phones were not working properly. At the airport procedure was very simple and there was no queue at all. I went to the visitors line and handed over my declaration card (which was provided on board) to the officer. He checked it and put some lines with color marker and asked me to go the immigration area. Where an officer with the name of "Lee" (Who looks like Jet Lee :p ) checked my COPR & PP. He asked me about the address which I provided him. The he asked me about my wife which I replied that I am single & never married. The next question was "If I do have any children" which replied "Up to my knowledge "None". He smiled and said "Welcome to Canada".
Till that time he had already cancelled the visa and got my signatures on COPR. The next phase was to collect the luggage which reminded me "Air Blue". I waited for the luggage more than one hour but it wouldn't come. Few other passengers were also with me. Latter on the airport staff directed us to a counter to check the status of our luggage. The luggage of the other passengers was left at the London Heathrow and staff provided them the slips for that to collect/deliver it next day. I was fortunate enough that my stuff was boarded on the plane (As the staff checked on his system). They found my luggage in some other area and handed over to me.
The next phase was to go through the customs counter. The lady asked me how much funds I am carrying as I marked on CAD 10,000 or above on declaration card. I told her the amount and she asked me if this is cash or DD and my answer was DD. She asked me to show her and then she put the DD number in her system. She asked me if there is any goods to follow and I said no. She hander over all the documents to me and said "Welcome and you are good to go". I asked her about the service Canada counter and she said that was just pilot based project and closed now. So came out and got the taxi which was arranged for me by a friend and reached at my accommodation.
The weather is perfect here and people are courteous. Thats all for now and will update for the rest on a later stage.
Sir

I wish a successful and blessed life ahead

Stay Blessed

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
msaeed said:
Sir

I wish a successful and blessed life ahead

Stay Blessed
Thanks msaeed... :)

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Dear Vigilant,

Great to know your landing experience.

I am also planning to land on 17 July 2014 In Sha Allah in Toronto. However, I will be staying in Canada for about a week to complete landing formalities and then come back. My plan is to move permanently in 2017. Have you visited the Service Canada office & any Bank to open your account? Can you please share that exp?

Best of luck to you.

Regards,
Fuad

jppbaku

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Passport Req..
03-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Hi,
We are almost in the same boat.Remember not to tell officer you will stay only one week.I went to Canada on open work permit and now planning move in September to complete my PR formalities.For opening an account you need to have at least two identity documents.I submitted my passport and lease agreement for the same.I opened TD Canada account.Both savings and chequing account.For service Canada I'm not remembering well but think only passport is enough.

good luck

fuad1980 said:
Dear Vigilant,

Great to know your landing experience.

I am also planning to land on 17 July 2014 In Sha Allah in Toronto. However, I will be staying in Canada for about a week to complete landing formalities and then come back. My plan is to move permanently in 2017. Have you visited the Service Canada office & any Bank to open your account? Can you please share that exp?

Best of luck to you.

Regards,
Fuad

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
fuad1980 said:
Dear Vigilant,

Regards,
Fuad
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply as I was busy in few things. I am going back to Dubai on Friday. Below are the things which I have done in these 15 Days.. :
• PR card formalities (Done on the airport by the immigration officer. You should give him an address at that time or you may submit it latter but better if you could arrange and give it at the same time).
• Went to service Canada office next day to have my SIN number. The required documents are your passport & COPR. They didn't take much time for that, they have completed the formalities in maximum 10 minutes. They are not issuing the SIN cards an more so the only thing which you should get is a paper carrying your SIN which you have to keep safe with you.
• After finishing with them I went to the TD bank and opened a bank account with them. The documents required as the same as above. I handed over the CAD draft as well to them once they completed the other formalities. They gave me a receipt for the draft and said the amount will be credited to my account after 5 days which I have not checked yet. At the same time I have applied for the secured credit card as with a limit of 1000 CAD only. They said if you put the home address for delivery it may take 2 weeks to reach there or you have to pay 25 Dollars to get it within one week. The other option is to tell them to deliver at the branch and you have to pick it up from there after they call you. I opted the last option as branch was near where I am living. They called me yesterday and I picked it up.
• And next day I went to the Driving Ministry in Mississauga area to apply for driving license. The process was simple here again. I showed them my UAE driving license, Passport, Experience Certificate from RTA, and COPR ( I am not sure about this) I think. They accepted all the documents and then the staff carried my eye test after the payment of CAD 95. And then she said you can go for written Test (G1). I was not prepared for that so I said I shall come tomorrow. She said its fine you can come whenever you feel prepared.
I came back and practice the test from APNATORRONTO website. This website is covering more than 80% of the questions which normally come in the test. The only questions which are not there, are relating the different kinds of the driving licenses, like after how many black points the G2 License will be suspended, or what are the roads where you cannot drive with G2 License, or what will be the maximum alcohol level in your blood while driving or for how much time your license will be suspended if you get 9 black points etc. So you have to look for these answers on the web. Next day I went to the center again and sat there for test. There are two questions in the paper each carrying 20 MCQ's and you need to answer at least 16 questions correctly to pass the test. In my paper there were 4 questions which were related to the driving licenses (Mentioned above) out of those I knew one and had no idea about the other 3. I finished the test and handed over the paper to examiner and sat on my seat to wait. After 10 minutes she called my name and said you are passed. Three of your answers are incorrect and she mentioned those (Which I told earlier). She gave me the paper license and said you can go for directly G license try.
• The next task is to get the driving test date which was a difficult task as they were giving me the dates of July where as I shall be coming back on June 27Th. Then I keep on trying to check the dates on the website (Please note that you cannot login for road test booking more than 4 times in 24 hours as they will block you and say please try after 24 hours). One of my friend told me to book in Guelph driving school for the test which is little bit far from the city and not very populated. I keep on trying and luckily got a test date of 25th June which is today. It took a long time to get this date as I kept on trying. In case they bock you, you can call them on their number and try to book via phone. Then one of my friend introduced me to a Pakistani training instructor (Mr. Umar) who is really a nice guy and good instructor. Yesterday I took 2 hours classes with him and he guided me in a proper way. The driving is little bit different from UAE specially the left turns on the most of signals. Today morning the instructor picked me up from the home and we went to Guelph. He showed me the roads where the examiner would possibly take me for the test. Then we came to the center and enrolled for the test. The examiner came on exact time and took me for the test. Due to the pressure of the test I made some minor mistakes which he noted down. Total time period was around 30 minutes and he took me twice on the high way. He asked for emergency brake, parallel parking, 3 Point turn and things like that. After 30 minutes he asked me to go back to the driving center and once we reached there he said " You Are Passed"
Now I hold full G driving licnes.. :) Hurrrrahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Then he pointed out the mistakes and I told him these were mostly due to the test pressure..
Please note that in UAE parking is considered a big mistake but here its not unless you cannot park in many tries and gave up. Their most concentration is on the safety of you and the public around, specially the pedestrians. Any how my instructor was very good and he charged me a very reasonable amount as well. The total licenses including classes costs me only CAD 385 which is much lower than the UAE. If anyone need he can get is contact number from me..
Thats all for till now as I have to finish something other tasks before I come back... :p

TO DREAMLAND

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Visa recd on 24th Feb '14
Vigilant said:
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply as I was busy in few things. I am going back to Dubai on Friday. Below are the things which I have done in these 15 Days.. :
• PR card formalities (Done on the airport by the immigration officer. You should give him an address at that time or you may submit it latter but better if you could arrange and give it at the same time).
• Went to service Canada office next day to have my SIN number. The required documents are your passport & COPR. They didn't take much time for that, they have completed the formalities in maximum 10 minutes. They are not issuing the SIN cards an more so the only thing which you should get is a paper carrying your SIN which you have to keep safe with you.
• After finishing with them I went to the TD bank and opened a bank account with them. The documents required as the same as above. I handed over the CAD draft as well to them once they completed the other formalities. They gave me a receipt for the draft and said the amount will be credited to my account after 5 days which I have not checked yet. At the same time I have applied for the secured credit card as with a limit of 1000 CAD only. They said if you put the home address for delivery it may take 2 weeks to reach there or you have to pay 25 Dollars to get it within one week. The other option is to tell them to deliver at the branch and you have to pick it up from there after they call you. I opted the last option as branch was near where I am living. They called me yesterday and I picked it up.
• And next day I went to the Driving Ministry in Mississauga area to apply for driving license. The process was simple here again. I showed them my UAE driving license, Passport, Experience Certificate from RTA, and COPR ( I am not sure about this) I think. They accepted all the documents and then the staff carried my eye test after the payment of CAD 95. And then she said you can go for written Test (G1). I was not prepared for that so I said I shall come tomorrow. She said its fine you can come whenever you feel prepared.
I came back and practice the test from APNATORRONTO website. This website is covering more than 80% of the questions which normally come in the test. The only questions which are not there, are relating the different kinds of the driving licenses, like after how many black points the G2 License will be suspended, or what are the roads where you cannot drive with G2 License, or what will be the maximum alcohol level in your blood while driving or for how much time your license will be suspended if you get 9 black points etc. So you have to look for these answers on the web. Next day I went to the center again and sat there for test. There are two questions in the paper each carrying 20 MCQ's and you need to answer at least 16 questions correctly to pass the test. In my paper there were 4 questions which were related to the driving licenses (Mentioned above) out of those I knew one and had no idea about the other 3. I finished the test and handed over the paper to examiner and sat on my seat to wait. After 10 minutes she called my name and said you are passed. Three of your answers are incorrect and she mentioned those (Which I told earlier). She gave me the paper license and said you can go for directly G license try.
• The next task is to get the driving test date which was a difficult task as they were giving me the dates of July where as I shall be coming back on June 27Th. Then I keep on trying to check the dates on the website (Please note that you cannot login for road test booking more than 4 times in 24 hours as they will block you and say please try after 24 hours). One of my friend told me to book in Guelph driving school for the test which is little bit far from the city and not very populated. I keep on trying and luckily got a test date of 25th June which is today. It took a long time to get this date as I kept on trying. In case they bock you, you can call them on their number and try to book via phone. Then one of my friend introduced me to a Pakistani training instructor (Mr. Umar) who is really a nice guy and good instructor. Yesterday I took 2 hours classes with him and he guided me in a proper way. The driving is little bit different from UAE specially the left turns on the most of signals. Today morning the instructor picked me up from the home and we went to Guelph. He showed me the roads where the examiner would possibly take me for the test. Then we came to the center and enrolled for the test. The examiner came on exact time and took me for the test. Due to the pressure of the test I made some minor mistakes which he noted down. Total time period was around 30 minutes and he took me twice on the high way. He asked for emergency brake, parallel parking, 3 Point turn and things like that. After 30 minutes he asked me to go back to the driving center and once we reached there he said " You Are Passed"
Then he pointed out the mistakes and I told him these were mostly due to the test pressure..
Please note that in UAE parking is considered a big mistake but here its not unless you cannot park in many tries and gave up. Their most concentration is on the safety of you and the public around, specially the pedestrians. Any how my instructor was very good and he charged me a very reasonable amount as well. The total licenses including classes costs me only CAD 385 which is much lower than the UAE. If anyone need he can get is contact number from me..
Thats all for till now as I have to finish something other tasks before I come back... :p
Hi Vigil, Thanks for sharing your first few days' experience. I will be landing in a month. Kindly pm me the contact number of Mr.Umar. All the best,td

khtoyon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2010
Doc's Request.
19-07-2010 (give me 120 days for submission)
File Transfer...
25-07-2010
Med's Request
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-03-2014
Interview........
no need
Passport Req..
01-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-08-2014
Dear All,
I & my wife got the Canadian Immigrant Visa June 18, 2014. We want to move to Canada August 03, 2014.

My wife was pregnant, when we did the medical she was not in pregnant that’s why visa office issue us visa. She is now in 03 month running and delivery date will be end of November 2014.

My questing is that, after reached in Canada Ontario in August, we need 03 months after Appling Health Card to get the free check up & free delivery.

If we don’t get the Health Card before my wife delivery date, what I need to do that time, because I hear that, pregnancy delivery expenses is so high in Canada if any person don’t have any Health Card.

So give me some advice as follows:

If there any Canadian govt. help, support regarding pregnant women
Or
Any organization give support do the pregnancy operation free, and other check up free
Or
Any hospital to give as installment basis payment.

Please give me advice me on that and give me some web link or organization / hospital name with phone number.

Need urgent help.

Thanks & regards.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khtoyon said:
So give me some advice as follows:

If there any Canadian govt. help, support regarding pregnant women
Or
Any organization give support do the pregnancy operation free, and other check up free
Or
Any hospital to give as installment basis payment.

Please give me advice me on that and give me some web link or organization / hospital name with phone number.

Need urgent help.

Thanks & regards.
You have a couple of options. If you are set on Ontario, must be Ontario and nothing but, then there are a couple of free clinics (google free clinic Ontario) and there are midwives such as Diversity midwives who will help at a low cost or possibly even free. However, if there are complications, she must go to a hospital and that can get expensive. However, I am sure that no hospital will refuse to help you just because you can't pay up front. They will help first and you pay later.

If you are not set on Ontario, then go settle in AB or somewhere else that gives you first day health care. However, be aware that you can not go to some province, get a health card, get your baby delivery paid for and then take off to Ontario. If you get a health card in some province, you should commit to staying there for at least 6 months, otherwise, you could be facing back charges and possibly fraud charges.

ellie84

Nov 7, 2013
Hi,

I just landed in Windsor, Ontario driving from US to Canada. Since my spouse is still a student in the USA we will spend a few more months here and then move for good to Canada. When I was landing I had an address from my friend to give to the officer for PR card. Howerver, he asked me if I was moving there right away. Since I wanted to be honest I said no we were going back to US the same night but we will move soon. The officer said that he cannot put the address on file since we are not moving yet and CIC will not send the PR card to a third person. He told me to contact CIC and give them a permanent address when I move to Canada. I havent contacted them. I wanted to get some consult here. I am planning on contacting CIC and tell them that I diidnt have a permanent address at the time of landing but now I have here you go and give my friends address. I am just worried if they ask for a proof with my name on it. I am not sure what to do then. I need my card and also I dont know how long I can use the COPR for travelling. Does that have an expiration? Nothing I could find on it. The officer said you are fine just use this and you are a permanent resident. I also got my SIN number the same day.
Please help
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can use the COPR to enter Canada forever if that's how long it takes.

However, it should also work to call CIC and give them your friends address as your address for your PR card. Other people have done that in the past and it's worked.

ellie84 said:
Hi,

I just landed in Windsor, Ontario driving from US to Canada. Since my spouse is still a student in the USA we will spend a few more months here and then move for good to Canada. When I was landing I had an address from my friend to give to the officer for PR card. Howerver, he asked me if I was moving there right away. Since I wanted to be honest I said no we were going back to US the same night but we will move soon. The officer said that he cannot put the address on file since we are not moving yet and CIC will not send the PR card to a third person. He told me to contact CIC and give them a permanent address when I move to Canada. I havent contacted them. I wanted to get some consult here. I am planning on contacting CIC and tell them that I diidnt have a permanent address at the time of landing but now I have here you go and give my friends address. I am just worried if they ask for a proof with my name on it. I am not sure what to do then. I need my card and also I dont know how long I can use the COPR for travelling. Does that have an expiration? Nothing I could find on it. The officer said you are fine just use this and you are a permanent resident. I also got my SIN number the same day.
Please help
Thanks

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
ellie84 said:
Hi,

Please help
Thanks
Just update your address here (step 3): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp#canada

It will be delivered to your friend's address without a problem, they don't ask you to prove that address is in your name and no one has to sign for it when it is delivered to her mailbox.

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Vigilant said:
Hi,

How are you finding Canada so far?

Regards,

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Vigilant said:
Hi,

Sir

Jazak Allah Khair

+1 for you

Stay Blessed