+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

fahadkalis

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
30-10-2013 "MR Received" on 05-11-2013
Interview........
09-10-2013
Passport Req..
25-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2014
LANDED..........
1st week of sep-2014
makamk said:
Hey!

I recently got my passport back with visa stamped on it from Islamabad Office. However, I still have not received any of my original documents back, that I submitted to CIC at the time of applying. Can anyone guide me as to how I should get my originals back? And will I get them in Pakistan or when I land in Canada? What I have heard is that they give it to the sponsor and not the applicant but I'm not sure. Can someone please confirm? I am supposed to land on 3rd July so I dont have much time.

Will really appreciate the help!
By the way which original docs u submitted?
If these r just IELTS n police certificate so y need these docs again?

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
04.12.2013 additional doc requested 22.05.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Hi guys
Can you please help me to understand what I find in my sons GCMS medical section:
Type: Medical
IME status: not Started
Reason For Closure: received in eMed
MOF Rationale Exists: No

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi,
I landed Yesterday via Air Canada from London to Toronto (Pearson International Airport). The flight experience was terrible specially the check in service, and the food (Muslim Meal). Unfortunately I had a seat with a family who were having a two years kid who cried throughout the flight so couldn't manage to sleep. The entertainment system was too slow and the head phones were not working properly. At the airport procedure was very simple and there was no queue at all. I went to the visitors line and handed over my declaration card (which was provided on board) to the officer. He checked it and put some lines with color marker and asked me to go the immigration area. Where an officer with the name of "Lee" (Who looks like Jet Lee :p ) checked my COPR & PP. He asked me about the address which I provided him. The he asked me about my wife which I replied that I am single & never married. The next question was "If I do have any children" which replied "Up to my knowledge "None". He smiled and said "Welcome to Canada".
Till that time he had already cancelled the visa and got my signatures on COPR. The next phase was to collect the luggage which reminded me "Air Blue". I waited for the luggage more than one hour but it wouldn't come. Few other passengers were also with me. Latter on the airport staff directed us to a counter to check the status of our luggage. The luggage of the other passengers was left at the London Heathrow and staff provided them the slips for that to collect/deliver it next day. I was fortunate enough that my stuff was boarded on the plane (As the staff checked on his system). They found my luggage in some other area and handed over to me.
The next phase was to go through the customs counter. The lady asked me how much funds I am carrying as I marked on CAD 10,000 or above on declaration card. I told her the amount and she asked me if this is cash or DD and my answer was DD. She asked me to show her and then she put the DD number in her system. She asked me if there is any goods to follow and I said no. She hander over all the documents to me and said "Welcome and you are good to go". I asked her about the service Canada counter and she said that was just pilot based project and closed now. So came out and got the taxi which was arranged for me by a friend and reached at my accommodation.
The weather is perfect here and people are courteous. Thats all for now and will update for the rest on a later stage.

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
1st nov 2013 & 20 march 2014 (new born)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Vigilant said:
Hi,
I landed Yesterday via Air Canada from London to Toronto (Pearson International Airport). The flight experience was terrible specially the check in service, and the food (Muslim Meal). Unfortunately I had a seat with a family who were having a two years kid who cried throughout the flight so couldn't manage to sleep. The entertainment system was too slow and the head phones were not working properly. At the airport procedure was very simple and there was no queue at all. I went to the visitors line and handed over my declaration card (which was provided on board) to the officer. He checked it and put some lines with color marker and asked me to go the immigration area. Where an officer with the name of "Lee" (Who looks like Jet Lee :p ) checked my COPR & PP. He asked me about the address which I provided him. The he asked me about my wife which I replied that I am single & never married. The next question was "If I do have any children" which replied "Up to my knowledge "None". He smiled and said "Welcome to Canada".
Till that time he had already cancelled the visa and got my signatures on COPR. The next phase was to collect the luggage which reminded me "Air Blue". I waited for the luggage more than one hour but it wouldn't come. Few other passengers were also with me. Latter on the airport staff directed us to a counter to check the status of our luggage. The luggage of the other passengers was left at the London Heathrow and staff provided them the slips for that to collect/deliver it next day. I was fortunate enough that my stuff was boarded on the plane (As the staff checked on his system). They found my luggage in some other area and handed over to me.
The next phase was to go through the customs counter. The lady asked me how much funds I am carrying as I marked on CAD 10,000 or above on declaration card. I told her the amount and she asked me if this is cash or DD and my answer was DD. She asked me to show her and then she put the DD number in her system. She asked me if there is any goods to follow and I said no. She hander over all the documents to me and said "Welcome and you are good to go". I asked her about the service Canada counter and she said that was just pilot based project and closed now. So came out and got the taxi which was arranged for me by a friend and reached at my accommodation.
The weather is perfect here and people are courteous. Thats all for now and will update for the rest on a later stage.

Great.. good luck and keep updating...

fahadkalis

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
30-10-2013 "MR Received" on 05-11-2013
Interview........
09-10-2013
Passport Req..
25-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2014
LANDED..........
1st week of sep-2014
Vigilant said:
Hi,
Good luck for next steps!

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
fahadkalis said:
By the way which original docs u submitted?
If these r just IELTS n police certificate so y need these docs again?
They don't return IELTS and PCC.

Regards,

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Dear Seniors,

I have an urgent inquiry from a relative who is travelling to do landing in Canada:
I know that it is the obligation of the PA to 'land' first, which can be 'along with' one or more or all the accompanying family members.

My relative has some children whose schools are still open and cannot go with her at this time. Only one of them can go at this moment. Can she travel based on the above information.

However, the COPR she received mentions the landing options as follows:

1. "The entire family (including the principal) applicant lands together. If you choose this option, all family members should land at the same time and at the same port of entry."

2. "The principal applicant lands first alone. The dependents may then follow the principal applicant at a later date followed."

Now, the question is can she land along with one of her kids or she must land with all of them??

TOP URGENT. PLEASE HELP!!!

Ibasco

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
makamk said:
Hey!

I recently got my passport back with visa stamped on it from Islamabad Office. However, I still have not received any of my original documents back, that I submitted to CIC at the time of applying. Can anyone guide me as to how I should get my originals back? And will I get them in Pakistan or when I land in Canada? What I have heard is that they give it to the sponsor and not the applicant but I'm not sure. Can someone please confirm? I am supposed to land on 3rd July so I dont have much time.

Hi...NONE of the documents shall be returned to you...regards...

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
sharedknowledge said:
Dear Seniors,

I have an urgent inquiry from a relative who is travelling to do landing in Canada:
I know that it is the obligation of the PA to 'land' first, which can be 'along with' one or more or all the accompanying family members.

My relative has some children whose schools are still open and cannot go with her at this time. Only one of them can go at this moment. Can she travel based on the above information.

However, the COPR she received mentions the landing options as follows:

1. "The entire family (including the principal) applicant lands together. If you choose this option, all family members should land at the same time and at the same port of entry."

2. "The principal applicant lands first alone. The dependents may then follow the principal applicant at a later date followed."

Now, the question is can she land along with one of her kids or she must land with all of them??

TOP URGENT. PLEASE HELP!!!
the principal must land first alone, with family , or with part of family. But show of funds is total with pricipal. But family dont need funds to show. Not necessary family members to land togather, they can land togathet or one by one or any grup, but prior to the expiry of visa along with copr

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
nekeol said:
the principal must land first alone, with family , or with part of family. But show of funds is total with pricipal. But family dont need funds to show. Not necessary family members to land togather, they can land togathet or one by one or any grup, but prior to the expiry of visa along with copr
Thanks a lot nekeol, for clarification.

makamk

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
Ibasco said:
makamk said:
Hey!

Hi...NONE of documents shall be returned to you...regards...
Hey!
So will they return it to my husband who's my sponsor??

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone:

Just wanted to know, landing from US through Buffalo, is it better to land on a weekday rather than weekend... or it makes no difference because summer is busy anyway?

Thanks for your help,
Cam

A-Cheng

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2014 1:18pm DD encashed May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 26, 2014 together with MR and RPRF
AOR Received.
PER June 13, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
Oct 8 received by CEM Oct 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 15 passports received by CEM Oct 20
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas DM Oct 31 [img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8iI3Lg17Ne3vkBnjFy7zxHET3jRed6u_pFZn8BTcqD3c4gTTE5g[/img] Passports with visa delivered November 8
Subscribing to this thread. Thnks.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
cam1234 said:
Hello everyone:

Just wanted to know, landing from US through Buffalo, is it better to land on a weekday rather than weekend... or it makes no difference because summer is busy anyway?

Thanks for your help,
Cam
As soon as possible. (as long as the port of entry is open, such as Rainbow Bridge)
I landed on a weekday around 11am , was pretty fast as there were not many people..

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canvis2006 said:
As soon as possible. (as long as the port of entry is open, such as Rainbow Bridge)
I landed on a weekday around 11am , was pretty fast as there were not many people..
Thanks Canvis2006 :)