+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
1978bubun said:
All

I will be doing my landing this month. This is going to be a short trip, only for 4-5 days. I would comeback later with my family for moving permanently.

Is it mandatory to have a GTF list even though this is such a short trip? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
GTF list is not mandatory at all. They will ask if you have any goods to follow and all you have to say is no.

Don't bother preparing GTF list (form B4) if you are not planning on bringing in any taxable goods from your home country.

Regards,

1978bubun

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Request
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
Ok, but if I don't show the GTF list now, can I do it later? I mean a few months later when we'd be relocating there permanently?

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
1978bubun said:
Ok, but if I don't show the GTF list now, can I do it later? I mean a few months later when we'd be relocating there permanently?
I would not advise this. If you really need it stamped, get it done on your first landing.

Regards,

1978bubun

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Request
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
Hmm...but here is what I am getting from the CBSA website:

"Persons entering Canada to become Permanent Residents without the intention of residing immediately in Canada are not considered Settlers to Canada since they do not have any intention of remaining in Canada at that time, and will live outside Canada for an undetermined period of time. Therefore, under customs legislation, these persons are considered visitors to Canada, even if they are Permanent Residents for immigration purposes."

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5113-eng.html

So the question still remains....

rizmayo said:
I would not advise this. If you really need it stamped, get it done on your first landing.

Regards,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1978bubun said:
Hmm...but here is what I am getting from the CBSA website:

"Persons entering Canada to become Permanent Residents without the intention of residing immediately in Canada are not considered Settlers to Canada since they do not have any intention of remaining in Canada at that time, and will live outside Canada for an undetermined period of time. Therefore, under customs legislation, these persons are considered visitors to Canada, even if they are Permanent Residents for immigration purposes."

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5113-eng.html

So the question still remains....
No, your question had been answered - You can provide it and stamp it later. if you want a definite answer, contact the CBSA!

alexblatnoi

Nov 22, 2012
Hi everyone!
Just want to share so nobody will make the same expensive mistake I just did. I just landed to Canada QC driving from USA with 3 kids. B4 form that i filled have my used car and a new car that i placed deposit but not purchased yet in USA. I had vin # that i included in the form. However the customs granted my old car that I have had it for couple years but not the one I just place deposit. She told me that I would have to own. use it for 6 months. Now, I have to pay state taxes plus Canadian federal and province taxes. So be very careful, make sure you own for at least 6 month. Other than that I had no issue with anything else. I spoke only English not a world of French, no problem. SS card you can get it in the same date if you need it. It takes 10-15 minutes. Nobody asked me for a prof of funds., however she asked me how much money I have. I told her verbally how much I have proof of, that was it. Good luck to all of you. I am currently writing to you from Montreal hotel and I am traveling back to USA tomorrow.

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
alexblatnoi said:
Hi everyone!
Just want to share so nobody will make the same expensive mistake I just did. I just landed to Canada QC driving from USA with 3 kids. B4 form that i filled have my used car and a new car that i placed deposit but not purchased yet in USA. I had vin # that i included in the form. However the customs granted my old car that I have had it for couple years but not the one I just place deposit. She told me that I would have to own. use it for 6 months. Now, I have to pay state taxes plus Canadian federal and province taxes. So be very careful, make sure you own for at least 6 month. Other than that I had no issue with anything else. I spoke only English not a world of French, no problem. SS card you can get it in the same date if you need it. It takes 10-15 minutes. Nobody asked me for a prof of funds., however she asked me how much money I have. I told her verbally how much I have proof of, that was it. Good luck to all of you. I am currently writing to you from Montreal hotel and I am traveling back to USA tomorrow.
aah!! thanks for the info. & +1 for landing!! ;)

muatiq

Sep 12, 2010
Jeddah, KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2010
Doc's Request.
16-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-10-2010
Med's Request
15-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah in May 2014
Hi Riz,

hope you are doing good. am planning to land in sha Allah next month to Toronto with my family. I have few questions.

1. How long it took you to get the PR for you and family?

2. Does the Canadian immunization form needs to be filled/attested by a doctor in Canada or in the country you are coming from? in my case am coming from Saudi Arabia.

2. I'd like to know that if we are travelling to US from Canada without getting the PR cards then can we enter back to Canada showing the COPR?

3. How's the job market for IT professionals ;). Are you able to find any job in your field/area?

Thanks for all the help,

Muatiq

rizmayo said:
No, each PR card is mailed individually and processing time starts from the day each member lands.

Regards,

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
muatiq said:
Hi Riz,

hope you are doing good. am planning to land in sha Allah next month to Toronto with my family. I have few questions.

1. How long it took you to get the PR for you and family?

2. Does the Canadian immunization form needs to be filled/attested by a doctor in Canada or in the country you are coming from? in my case am coming from Saudi Arabia.

2. I'd like to know that if we are travelling to US from Canada without getting the PR cards then can we enter back to Canada showing the COPR?

3. How's the job market for IT professionals ;). Are you able to find any job in your field/area?

Thanks for all the help,

Muatiq
PR Cards are mailed to Canadian address you provide to officer when you land. You will be a PR after landing, takes about 2 months to receive the cards. Your friend/relative can courier the cards to you in case you're in another country.

You can re-enter Canada with passport/COPR by road only, but not by commercial transport. Use rental car.
Or get to the border, cross into Canada by foot.....then take bus from Canadian side onto your destination.

muatiq

Sep 12, 2010
Jeddah, KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2010
Doc's Request.
16-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-10-2010
Med's Request
15-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah in May 2014
Thanks Canvis2006.

Still am looking for the following answers

2. Does the Canadian immunization form (for kids) needs to be filled/attested by a doctor in Canada or in the country you are coming from? in my case am coming from Saudi Arabia. Who is the authorized doctor to perform this ? It could be any doctor or any specific doctor approved by Canadian High Commission.

3. How's the job market for IT professionals ? Are you able to find any job in your field/area?

Since Rizmayo is from NOC 0213, therefore, i was asking him to find out the probability of getting a job as an IT professional.

Regards,

canvis2006 said:
PR Cards are mailed to Canadian address you provide to officer when you land. You will be a PR after landing, takes about 2 months to receive the cards. Your friend/relative can courier the cards to you in case you're in another country.

You can re-enter Canada with passport/COPR by road only, but not by commercial transport. Use rental car.
Or get to the border, cross into Canada by foot.....then take bus from Canadian side onto your destination.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
muatiq said:
Thanks Canvis2006.

2. Does the Canadian immunization form (for kids) needs to be filled/attested by a doctor in Canada or in the country you are coming from? in my case am coming from Saudi Arabia. Who is the authorized doctor to perform this ? It could be any doctor or any specific doctor approved by Canadian High Commission.

3. How's the job market for IT professionals ? Are you able to find any job in your field/area?

Since Rizmayo is from NOC 0213, therefore, i was asking him to find out the probability of getting a job as an IT professional.

Regards,
regarding "2" ..any doctor can do it

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
alexblatnoi said:
Hi everyone!
Good share. Lots of people were asking this question.

Regards,

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
muatiq said:
Thanks Canvis2006.

Regards,
Immunization records are to be kept/obtained wherever the child is immunized, so in your case it's wherever your kids received the immunization
Please make sure you bring that proof as schools here will need to see it upon admission.

As for job finding, a lot of information and job sites are online in Canada, you can apply jobs online. Make your CV/Resume and coverletter according to Canadian formats and you will be ok. The newcomer services organizations can help you in that.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
muatiq said:
Thanks Canvis2006.

2. Does the Canadian immunization form (for kids) needs to be filled/attested by a doctor in Canada or in the country you are coming from? in my case am coming from Saudi Arabia. Who is the authorized doctor to perform this ? It could be any doctor or any specific doctor approved by Canadian High Commission. Should be the doctor who has done the immunization, but the last one who did it, or you family doctor in Saudi Arabia will do.

3. How's the job market for IT professionals ? Are you able to find any job in your field/area? Generally without Canadian experience everyone suffers a little, as people here demand awareness of the Canadian market for all jobs (even if you are not in a customer facing role ??? ). This struggle is only initial and once you get your first break, you will be out of this cycle. Regarding IT jobs, there are plenty of vacancies (Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton. Saskatchewan, is slowly growing), however again everyone prefers Canadian experience. If you are planning to get a technical role (developer, DB admin, SAP consultant, etc.) then generally you will not have to struggle so much, as there are many starter positions you can take up on contract, to build your Canadian experience. If you are looking for a management position (Project Manager, IT Manager, Compliance Manager, etc.) or a position that exclusively requires customer facing, then the market is a bit difficult for newcomers, however patience is a virtue and you will eventually find a position, but for that you need money in your pocket to play the waiting game.

My advise to people who don't find work in the first month: "Don't exclusively start an odd job that takes up 100% of your time". This is the biggest mistake new immigrants in all fields make, start an odd job, that soon turns permanent and before you know it, you rely on that job to pay the rent, insurance on the car, etc. and no longer have time to pursue your career (i.e. go to interviews, prepare for exams, etc.). You may need to start some Canadian education course (Masters degree is the best option, but a diploma or certification course will help in finding a job as well) and you need spare time for this.

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
canvis2006 said:
Immunization records are to be kept/obtained wherever the child is immunized, so in your case it's wherever your kids received the immunization
Please make sure you bring that proof as schools here will need to see it upon admission.

As for job finding, a lot of information and job sites are online in Canada, you can apply jobs online. Make your CV/Resume and coverletter according to Canadian formats and you will be ok. The newcomer services organizations can help you in that.
Hi Canvis,

CIC has started sending immunization forms along with COPRs for children under 16. You need to have that form filled with all the immunization information and get it signed and stamped by your family doctor. I think this is the form muatiq was asking about.

This paper is what schools are taking these days at the time of admission.

Regards,