+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
nekeol said:
dear rizmayo,

in uae i asked doctor to prepare for me immunization for the kids, the doctor is not aware of all the lines and colums of the immunization form. he is asking to provide him filled format for the immunization form. do you have any filld immunization form or at least typed without signature etc. to show to our doctor
The immunization forms came with the COPR. This link has a slightly older version of the form, but the immunization record table is exactly the same so it is all you require: http://www.chinacanada.ca/ss/down/immunization.pdf

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
eemsley said:
I am a teacher in BC and often children register without the transcripts from their other country. They still are able to register. It is just better for the new school to have as much information as possible so they can prepare for the new child's needs. So for my district when new children register we ask for birth certificate, medical history if available and proof of address such as rental agreement. Also, we usually have new children assessed at our board office when they first arrive to determine if they require additional language support. If there is no information about previous education the school will place the child in the age appropriate grade level. Hope this helps
I agree with this, except that they do make a big deal if you don't have the immunization records of your children. No one even asked to see the transfer certificates and past results, even though I was asked to bring them at the time of scheduling appointment for registering my son.

To summarize this is what is required for admission:
  • Proof of Age
  • Proof of Address
  • Proof of Residency Status
  • Proof of Immunization
  • Academic Record

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
jazibkg said:
On the 81st day of our landing, we have now received our first ever correspondence from the CIC. They now require in-person submission of photos at their downtown Vancouver office in the last week of April. They claim that the photos we provided on our COPR do not conform to PR cards standard.

This photo requirement is a bit self contradictory isn't it? I mean, they're the ones who approved it on our COPRs in the first instance (or the visa office that works according to CIC's standards and requirements). On one hand, it is relief that there is nothing majorly wrong with our PR card landing application. On the other hand, it does make me a bit angry as such a simple thing shouldn't take them more than 80 days to realize. I agree with you here, however time and again it has come to light that they do not really verify the photographs at the time of issuing the COPR as the picture is only pasted on the form. Since the PR card has several security features that are around the photographs it is held to a higher degree of scrutiny. However, I don't know if it would make anyone's life easier if they rejected photographs at COPR stage :-\

My question is, will the clock reset with regards to processing time when we submit our photos in person? Or how early (or how late) can we expect issuance of our PR cards after that?
Unfortunately your concern here is valid. They have different timelines when the card hits an issue. The good news is that it does not reset to the timelines you see on the website, however the bad news is that they do have timelines (not published on their website) for PR cards that run into photo issues, which means they will not rush to give you your PR card, because you have waited so long already.

In my opinion CIC and its PR Card issuance cell need to learn from Pakistan's NADRA. Pakistan's NADRA does not depend on user provided photographs, instead they photograph the user on their own premises in-person with their own equipment. This results in a zero error rate regarding photographs and a speedy issuance and delivery of documents. Its almost sad (but still a proud moment for me as a Pakistani) to know that the authority responsible for issuing IDs and Passports in Pakistan is way more efficient and technologically proficient than its Canadian counterpart. The way CIC's PR card issuance cell can do is to photograph landing immigrants at the point of entry, and then use that photo for the PR card ID.
Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
jazibkg said:
Thank you for your suggestions. Is it really an issue worth of the MPs time? I mean I have no clue the issues that MPs in Canada occupy themselves with. I read in this forum a guy who got his PR card 119 days after landing (which is almost 4 months), and I think he had the same issue of the photographs. Yes, MPs office regularly deals with residents issues with CIC (probably the most problematic department they deal with). I already knew people in the MPs office, however I have observed that every other person who comes there has an issue with CIC. Don't worry every MP has staff (employees of Canadian Government) that deal with these matters on the MP's behalf. These are not like the MPs in our country, here they think long-term and know even though you are not eligible to vote today, after 5 years, you, your friends and family will not vote for that MP if his staff was not good to you.

Yes it is surprising how ALL of the photos (of 5 family members) somehow don't conform to their photograph standards. I suspect they've lost them or something and are just making up the standard excuse. Anyways, I'm relieved that the issue isn't anything major and now I at least know the direction in which my PR card is heading and at least I know they've tried to process it. Yes I am also of the same opinion here. They do not take this long to inform you about photo issues and add the fact that when you called them they could not locate your application, is an indication of something wrong with their record. Though I doubt they lost your photographs, as they were scanned into the system at the time your COPR was issued.

Thank you for your reply. What you have said makes sense, however it is still a primary photo ID for permanent residents living in Canada. And I like to travel considerably myself so would definitely require the PR card will be essential. Don't need to carry your PR card with you everywhere. Here your driving licence is the primary ID. It is the one of few (only one if you are civilian) government issued IDs that have both your Photograph and your address on it. Have you started the process for your driving licence yet?

I hope the immigrants landing as of 9 April 2014 actually do experience the advertised processing timescale of 8 weeks. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the timelines are very close to what is published on CIC website. These numbers are updated every week. It was 67 days when I landed in December and 72 days when my family landed after 20 days.
Well at least now you can be relived that this nightmare is about to be over.

If you are planning on traveling frequently, just calculate the number of days you are outside Canada, as they will be deducted from your days qualifying towards citizenship.

Regards,

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
the pr card is valid for 5 yrs from date of issue (of the card), even if you landed earlier than that.

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Thanks for the reply Nekeol...so, am I to understand that a bank statement from Wells Fargo or Bank of America is not a viable option?

nekeol said:
at the time of landing they accept cash/DD/TC etc in Hand with you or any Statement or funds inside the canada

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014
Hi guys,

I am travelling next week alone and my spouse and children will accompany me after 4-5 months.

So do I need to carry their COPR's too original along with me now or they have to carry their COPR's when they travel later for landing procedure?

As of now I am carrying only copies of their COPR's.

Thanks.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
sam439 said:
Hi guys,

I am travelling next week alone and my spouse and children will accompany me after 4-5 months.

So do I need to carry their COPR's too original along with me now or they have to carry their COPR's when they travel later for landing procedure?

Thanks.
Correct. They should carry their original COPR when they will be traveling. But remember you should carry the settlement funds for your full family.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
rizmayo said:
Well at least now you can be relived that this nightmare is about to be over.

If you are planning on traveling frequently, just calculate the number of days you are outside Canada, as they will be deducted from your days qualifying towards citizenship.

Regards,
Again, thanks for your reply. I think I did misuse the word 'photo ID' there. Proof of status might be significantly better terminology to use I would say. I am aware I don't need to carry it around all the time. No, I haven't started the process for driving license yet as I didn't get the time when I was in Canada as I was in Canada for only 2 weeks and then had to return to the UK for work, now I have quit my job in the UK to move permanently to Canada and winding up from here...returning to Canada possibly in the last week of April (as soon as I get my PR Travel Document). Something that surprised me regarding PR cards is that although Health BC issued an account number and health coverage letter, they refused to issue health cards to my parents as they don't have PR cards issued yet - I was unaware that health coverage was dependent on the issue of a CIC document. Those PRC processing timelines may be close for some people, but I will always look at them as a form of misrepresented information.

Yes I'd likely deduct them from the number of days I'd be out of Canada but would still probably make up for the 3 years in a 4 year period (On first impressions, Canada doesn't seem like a place I could be stuck for in longer periods time in anyways though, and the current problems regarding every single thing there - from obtaining an internet connection to the PR card debacle, to the realization that healthcare isn't free - hasn't changed my opinion).

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
Vigilant said:
Correct. They should carry their original COPR when they will be traveling. But remember you should carry the settlement funds for your full family.
Has anyone been asked to physically prove settlement funds at point of entry?

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
jazibkg said:
Again, thanks for your reply. I think I did misuse the word 'photo ID' there. Proof of status might be significantly better terminology to use I would say. I am aware I don't need to carry it around all the time. No, I haven't started the process for driving license yet as I didn't get the time when I was in Canada as I was in Canada for only 2 weeks and then had to return to the UK for work, now I have quit my job in the UK to move permanently to Canada and winding up from here...returning to Canada possibly in the last week of April (as soon as I get my PR Travel Document). Something that surprised me regarding PR cards is that although Health BC issued an account number and health coverage letter, they refused to issue health cards to my parents as they don't have PR cards issued yet - I was unaware that health coverage was dependent on the issue of a CIC document. Those PRC processing timelines may be close for some people, but I will always look at them as a form of misrepresented information.

Yes I'd likely deduct them from the number of days I'd be out of Canada but would still probably make up for the 3 years in a 4 year period (On first impressions, Canada doesn't seem like a place I could be stuck for in longer periods time in anyways though, and the current problems regarding every single thing there - from obtaining an internet connection to the PR card debacle, to the realization that healthcare isn't free - hasn't changed my opinion).
Well, I am sure in Ontario it does not matter, as my family got the health cards before getting the PR cards. Not sure about BC.

If the new legislation in parliament is approved, citizenship requirement will be 4 years out of 6.

Regards,

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
jazibkg said:
I have seen few posts from other members where they were asked to present the proof of settlement funds. But this is not asked from every one.

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
sam439 said:
Hi guys,

Thanks.
I hope you are the primary applicant.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
jazibkg said:
I was asked. They took a copy of my draft and noted the name of the issuing bank and the amount of cash I was carrying.