+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

sasimaskari

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Doha, Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
19-07-2010
AOR Received.
12-04-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with documents
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
08-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 14-05-14 & PPR2 24-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-08-2014
Dear All,

Do we need to get transfer letter from school for our children if we are migrating to canada? Is it required by schools in canadian (govt./private)? If yes, then do we have to get them attested/certified from anywher?

Thanks

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
sasimaskari said:
Dear All,

Do we need to get transfer letter from school for our children if we are migrating to canada? Is it required by schools in canadian (govt./private)? If yes, then do we have to get them attested/certified from anywher?

Thanks
Not sure if it is necessary, but obtain it as schools may ask to see where/which grades they were in.
Yes obtain a school leaving certificate, etc. Try to ensure it is issued in English/French.

Have their latest report cards, etc as well.....and immunization records are a must for young children. [under 18]

If it's in Arabic get it translated.....

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
eemsley said:
Thank you Rizmayo. That's what I thought. So she still has 27 more days before flight but already packed up. Ha we are like children waiting for Christmas. Take care.
Counting the days eh? Wish you the best of luck and hope your big days come very soon ;D

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Hi all,

I have a query. As Proof of Funds, can I show a letter from my bank in US stating the total amount of funds in my account? or do they accept only traveller cheques, money orders etc?

Kindly let me know

Sarat

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
sarat104 said:
Hi all,

I have a query. As Proof of Funds, can I show a letter from my bank in US stating the total amount of funds in my account? or do they accept only traveller cheques, money orders etc?

Kindly let me know

Sarat
at the time of landing they accept cash/DD/TC etc in Hand with you or any Statement or funds inside the canada

sasimaskari

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Doha, Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
19-07-2010
AOR Received.
12-04-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with documents
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
08-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 14-05-14 & PPR2 24-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-08-2014
canvis2006 said:
Not sure if it is necessary, but obtain it as schools may ask to see where/which grades they were in.
Yes obtain a school leaving certificate, etc. Try to ensure it is issued in English/French.

Have their latest report cards, etc as well.....and immunization records are a must for young children. [under 18]

Thanks canvis2006...

sherdills

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
Doc's Request.
Completed
Nomination.....
Completed
AOR Received.
Recieved
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Completed
Med's Request
Completed
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Interview........
not-required
Passport Req..
13-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2014
LANDED..........
01-04-2015
canvis2006 said:

Thanks, it is useful

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
dear rizmayo,

in uae i asked doctor to prepare for me immunization for the kids, the doctor is not aware of all the lines and colums of the immunization form. he is asking to provide him filled format for the immunization form. do you have any filld immunization form or at least typed without signature etc. to show to our doctor

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
rizmayo said:
My wife and kid were having issues with their PR and the Call Center was at least able to tell me the cards have gone into further review, but did not know the reason why. I contacted my area MP's office and they were able to find out that the delay was due to some inconsistencies in the data at the time of landing. The most probable reason for it was that the data was entered incorrectly by the CBSA officer at time of landing.

Not being able to locate your application after so many days is unheard of. PR cards for new immigrants is an automated process and all the CBSA officer had to do was input the address for PR card delivery (unless this is what he forgot to do). Assuming the CBSA officer has actually recorded your landing in the system, you can update the address for PR cards yourself here: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/changeaddress.do?app=coa ... However I would advise you to contact the call center again with your client ID (not file number) and see if they have done anything about your cards, as updating your address will mean you have to wait another 37 days from the day you update the address.

Regards,
On the 81st day of our landing, we have now received our first ever correspondence from the CIC. They now require in-person submission of photos at their downtown Vancouver office in the last week of April. They claim that the photos we provided on our COPR do not conform to PR cards standard.

This photo requirement is a bit self contradictory isn't it? I mean, they're the ones who approved it on our COPRs in the first instance (or the visa office that works according to CIC's standards and requirements). On one hand, it is relief that there is nothing majorly wrong with our PR card landing application. On the other hand, it does make me a bit angry as such a simple thing shouldn't take them more than 80 days to realize.

My question is, will the clock reset with regards to processing time when we submit our photos in person? Or how early (or how late) can we expect issuance of our PR cards after that?

In my opinion CIC and its PR Card issuance cell need to learn from Pakistan's NADRA. Pakistan's NADRA does not depend on user provided photographs, instead they photograph the user on their own premises in-person with their own equipment. This results in a zero error rate regarding photographs and a speedy issuance and delivery of documents. Its almost sad (but still a proud moment for me as a Pakistani) to know that the authority responsible for issuing IDs and Passports in Pakistan is way more efficient and technologically proficient than its Canadian counterpart. The way CIC's PR card issuance cell can do is to photograph landing immigrants at the point of entry, and then use that photo for the PR card ID.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
jazibkg said:
On the 81st day of our landing, we have now received our first ever correspondence from the CIC. They now require in-person submission of photos at their downtown Vancouver office in the last week of April. They claim that the photos we provided on our COPR do not conform to PR cards standard.

This photo requirement is a bit self contradictory isn't it? I mean, they're the ones who approved it on our COPRs in the first instance (or the visa office that works according to CIC's standards and requirements). On one hand, it is relief that there is nothing majorly wrong with our PR card landing application. On the other hand, it does make me a bit angry as such a simple thing shouldn't take them more than 80 days to realize.

My question is, will the clock reset with regards to processing time when we submit our photos in person? Or how early (or how late) can we expect issuance of our PR cards after that?

In my opinion CIC and its PR Card issuance cell need to learn from Pakistan's NADRA. Pakistan's NADRA does not depend on user provided photographs, instead they photograph the user on their own premises in-person with their own equipment. This results in a zero error rate regarding photographs and a speedy issuance and delivery of documents. Its almost sad (but still a proud moment for me as a Pakistani) to know that the authority responsible for issuing IDs and Passports in Pakistan is way more efficient and technologically proficient than its Canadian counterpart. The way CIC's PR card issuance cell can do is to photograph landing immigrants at the point of entry, and then use that photo for the PR card ID.
ur clock is started from the day you landed irrespective of PR card. even if u don't have PR card you can get nationality. PR card is for re-entry to Canada if you go out and u have to come back. if not going out then don't even apply for the PR.

for Photos, only some time this problem occurs otherwise mostly it is OK. dont worry still you are safe and enjoy. but please do not introduce/invite NDARA in Canada, NADRA with some good things and with many bad qualities enter in CANADA and then u will face more problems other than photos even.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
It should (hopefully) be faster once you provide the photographs to them. I'm surprised that the agents in Sydney can't generate cards from photos on the COPR's of many. There is no reason given, nor is the bad photo ever returned to the landed immigrants. I think CBSA at airport needs to be equipped to take photographs for PR process upon landing. It would generate the PR Cards a lot faster that way.

CIC is extremely slow in ALL its processing, whether its PR, Citizenship, Proofs, etc, inside and outside Canada. This is perhaps the only department in Canada which is the slowest and takes forever for a simple thing. Their systems and procedures are very outdated and implementing anything takes forever...

If it still takes forever after submitting photos, get your area MP involved....I'm surprised ALL the photos turned out to be required all over again. Usually its 1 of 2 family members at most, not everyone. I agree they need to go and analyze NADRA's procedures and perhaps try to follow them.

When you go there to submit photos, ask them to speed it up...as you've waited too long.

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
sasimaskari said:
Dear All,

Thanks
I am a teacher in BC and often children register without the transcripts from their other country. They still are able to register. It is just better for the new school to have as much information as possible so they can prepare for the new child's needs. So for my district when new children register we ask for birth certificate, medical history if available and proof of address such as rental agreement. Also, we usually have new children assessed at our board office when they first arrive to determine if they require additional language support. If there is no information about previous education the school will place the child in the age appropriate grade level. Hope this helps

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014
Hi Guys,

Pre Landing Insurance

I have taken International Travel Insurance from ICICI lambard here in India, which covers health insurance too for 90 days for Immigrants. I got it for 5774 Indian rupees which covers upto 1,00,000 USD health insurance plus a lot of other things like passport/documents lost, flight delays, baggage delays, missing connecting flights etc. And it does not require to have return ticket mandatory as I read in Master thread that we need to have return ticket for Health insurance from our home country to get these kind of policies.

Thanks.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
canvis2006 said:
It should (hopefully) be faster once you provide the photographs to them. I'm surprised that the agents in Sydney can't generate cards from photos on the COPR's of many. There is no reason given, nor is the bad photo ever returned to the landed immigrants. I think CBSA at airport needs to be equipped to take photographs for PR process upon landing. It would generate the PR Cards a lot faster that way.

CIC is extremely slow in ALL its processing, whether its PR, Citizenship, Proofs, etc, inside and outside Canada. This is perhaps the only department in Canada which is the slowest and takes forever for a simple thing. Their systems and procedures are very outdated and implementing anything takes forever...

If it still takes forever after submitting photos, get your area MP involved....I'm surprised ALL the photos turned out to be required all over again. Usually its 1 of 2 family members at most, not everyone. I agree they need to go and analyze NADRA's procedures and perhaps try to follow them.

When you go there to submit photos, ask them to speed it up...as you've waited too long.
Thank you for your suggestions. Is it really an issue worth of the MPs time? I mean I have no clue the issues that MPs in Canada occupy themselves with. I read in this forum a guy who got his PR card 119 days after landing (which is almost 4 months), and I think he had the same issue of the photographs.

Yes it is surprising how ALL of the photos (of 5 family members) somehow don't conform to their photograph standards. I suspect they've lost them or something and are just making up the standard excuse. Anyways, I'm relieved that the issue isn't anything major and now I at least know the direction in which my PR card is heading and at least I know they've tried to process it.

nekeol said:
ur clock is started from the day you landed irrespective of PR card. even if u don't have PR card you can get nationality. PR card is for re-entry to Canada if you go out and u have to come back. if not going out then don't even apply for the PR.

for Photos, only some time this problem occurs otherwise mostly it is OK. dont worry still you are safe and enjoy. but please do not introduce/invite NDARA in Canada, NADRA with some good things and with many bad qualities enter in CANADA and then u will face more problems other than photos even.
Thank you for your reply. What you have said makes sense, however it is still a primary photo ID for permanent residents living in Canada. And I like to travel considerably myself so would definitely require the PR card will be essential.

I hope the immigrants landing as of 9 April 2014 actually do experience the advertised processing timescale of 8 weeks.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
nekeol said:
dear rizmayo,

in uae i asked doctor to prepare for me immunization for the kids, the doctor is not aware of all the lines and colums of the immunization form. he is asking to provide him filled format for the immunization form. do you have any filld immunization form or at least typed without signature etc. to show to our doctor
The immunization forms came with the COPR. This link has a slightly older version of the form, but the immunization record table is exactly the same so it is all you require: http://www.chinacanada.ca/ss/down/immunization.pdf

Regards,