+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Feb 8, 2014
Hello . Its me again . Thanks for the info Leon and sorry just have another question
I am preparing the B4 forms . One for goods Accompanying and one for goods to follow. I Will not use B4A and will attach the prints of the excel spreadsheets with details of my stuff.
The question that i has was do I need to take the pictures of everything including electronics , furniture etc or should I just take the pictures of Jewellery ?
Please pardon me for being so inquisitive. Just want to get this done avoiding surprises !!

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
canadianpr4430 said:
Hello . Its me again . Thanks for the info Leon and sorry just have another question
I am preparing the B4 forms . One for goods Accompanying and one for goods to follow. I Will not use B4A and will attach the prints of the excel spreadsheets with details of my stuff.
The question that i has was do I need to take the pictures of everything including electronics , furniture etc or should I just take the pictures of Jewellery ?
Please pardon me for being so inquisitive. Just want to get this done avoiding surprises !!
Hi

You only need pictures of the jewelry. You will need to add the serial numbers of the electronics.

If you are not bringing in any taxable items on your first landing, you do not need to fill B4 for accompanied goods.

Regards,

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
canadianpr4430 said:

Let me share the first hand experience with you. I have landed here last month. I also prepared the B4 form but when i showed it to custom's official, he asked me if i had anything to declare and when i said no, he said he dont want to see the list so what i advise you is to take the pictures of your jewelry and the rest will be ok. The B4 form will be more important if you have goods to follow rather than goods accompanied.

proby

Jan 4, 2014
Hi All,

Need your advice.

What if the wife gets pregnant after landing papers have come?

What are the best options available? Should we immediately leave for our first landing, stay there for 6-8 months & deliver baby in canada or deliver baby out of canada( but we lose the instant Canadian citizenship for our baby).

If we leave immediately, will the insurance company in canada cover the pregnancy expenses for 3 months & after that will the delivery expenses be covered under federal medical benefits or will they reject it as a pre condition?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
proby said:
Hi All,

Need your advice.

What if the wife gets pregnant after landing papers have come?

What are the best options available? Should we immediately leave for our first landing, stay there for 6-8 months & deliver baby in canada or deliver baby out of canada( but we lose the instant Canadian citizenship for our baby).

If we leave immediately, will the insurance company in canada cover the pregnancy expenses for 3 months & after that will the delivery expenses be covered under federal medical benefits or will they reject it as a pre condition?
These are your options:

1. You can land and have your baby in Canada.

* If you land in a province with first day health care (pretty much all of them except BC and Ontario), you will get coverage immediately, also for pregnancy related expenses and child birth.
* If you land in BC or Ontario, you will have a 2-3 months wait for health care.
* There is no such thing as a pre-existing condition when it comes to provincial health care.
* If you move to a province with a waiting period, I very much doubt you can find private insurance to cover anything but emergencies during the waiting period because to private insurance, the pregnancy will be a pre-existing condition. Therefore, if you choose BC or Ontario, you will most likely be paying the doctors bills yourself during the wait for health care.
* Keep in mind that most provinces require a 6 month stay (5 in Ontario) each year in order to be eligible for their health care. If you have some provinces health care pay for the delivery of your baby and you do not stay in that province for a full 6 months in the 12 months after getting your PR, they could possibly decide that you were never eligible for their health care in the first place and cancel it retroactively and send you the bill for what they covered for you.

2. You could land and then go back home, have your baby in your home country.

* You will then have to sponsor your baby for PR.
* As a PR, you must be in Canada to sponsor a baby.
* If your baby is visa exempt to Canada with your home country passport, it would not be a problem, you could all go to Canada together as a family and you sponsor your baby when you are here.
* If your baby is not visa exempt, you could try applying for a TRV for it. However, the TRV may be refused based on that your intentions are not for the baby to visit but to stay permanently.
* If the TRV is denied, you could then try to apply for a TRP, a visa sometimes given to babies under such special circumstances but if that one is denied too, you would have no choice but to leave your wife and baby behind and go to Canada alone in order to sponsor.
* The processing time will at least be a few months but could be longer depending on your home country visa office and how busy they are. During this time, you must continue to reside in Canada. If you leave to rejoin your family back in your home country and immigration finds out about it, they will cancel your sponsorship application based on that you are not residing in Canada.

Personally, I'd go with option 1.

proby

Jan 4, 2014
Thanks Leon.

I am also in favour of option 1 because this is how i initially planned. I want my kid to enjoy citizenship since birth.

My only worry is the medical expenses. Would you be able to give me a rough idea on how much does it cost( if the insurance company refuses) in canada for doctor consultation, scans & all?

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
proby said:
My only worry is the medical expenses. Would you be able to give me a rough idea on how much does it cost( if the insurance company refuses) in canada for doctor consultation, scans & all?
If you go to a first day health care province like AB, MB or SK, you don't have to pay anything at all because you will have provincial health care from day one.

If you insist on going to BC or ON, you will be responsible for paying your own until you get coverage. It is very unlikely that a private insurance company will agree to cover your routine pregnancy visits. You can and should get travel/emergency insurance for the first 2-3 months however in case you or your wife fall down and break a leg or have some other emergency. I can not tell you what routine pregnancy visits will cost if you pay out of pocket.

In either case, you should stay for at least 6 months in the province so they can not come back later and accuse you of abusing their health care.

qt

Mar 24, 2013
Hi Guys,

Would like to ask if there are any SIN application center or SIN kiosk in Pearson Airport?

Thanks

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
proby said:
Thanks Leon.

I am also in favour of option 1 because this is how i initially planned. I want my kid to enjoy citizenship since birth.

Thanks
They cannot refuse.

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
qt said:
Hi Guys,

Would like to ask if there are any SIN application center or SIN kiosk in Pearson Airport?

Thanks
Yes. But only during normal working hours (8 to 4, Mon to Fri).

Regards,

Feb 8, 2014
hello people

I will complete my landing in March. Was trying to fill the IMM5444E form. IT does have a field for the "First time PR" but some of the sections are totally irrelevant like history of stay outside Canada. WHat should I do with that ?

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
canadianpr4430 said:
hello people

I will complete my landing in March. Was trying to fill the IMM5444E form. IT does have a field for the "First time PR" but some of the sections are totally irrelevant like history of stay outside Canada. WHat should I do with that ?
Nothing. As a first time PR you do not have to fill this form.

Just give your PR card delivery address to immigration officer completing your landing. Nothing more for you to do except wait for the PR card to be delivered ;D