+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
1,191
32
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
7216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31.05.2011
Doc's Request.
13.03.2013
Med's Request
29.07.2013
Med's Done....
04.08.2013
Passport Req..
07.10.2013
VISA ISSUED...
23.10.2013
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
rizmayo said:
The processing time that CIC gives you over the phone is based on the backlog of cases that they are able to process. They review this number every week. At the time they gave you your timeline it was indeed 69 days (I saw it myself). However since last week it is 59 days, so you should be getting the card this week. Give your friend a call and ask if there is any mail for you :)

Regards,
got it rizmayo, thanks for clarifying :)
 
 

rizmayo

Hero Member
Aug 17, 2013
912
42
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0213
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Hasni said:
got it rizmayo, thanks for clarifying :)
Did you receive the PR card yet?

Regards,
 

rizmayo

Hero Member
Aug 17, 2013
912
42
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0213
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
NOVA21 said:
Little confusion..
I m going to carry $1500 cash remaining ($10000) bank statement..in this case do I need to fill the form?
Well the form the link is for everyone and you don't have an option of not filling it. However as your money ($10,000) is already in a Canadian bank, you will answer "NO" to the question, "Currency and/or monetary instruments totaling CAN$10,000 or more".

Regards,
 

rizmayo

Hero Member
Aug 17, 2013
912
42
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0213
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
NOVA21 said:
Thanks for the reply..
Do they accept all countries' ( Sri lanka) bank statement?
if they dont accept my country statement at the airport then I will have only $1500 cash to show.. will it be a problem??
No. Only US and Canadian bank statements are accepted. They do at time accept the statements if they are from multinational banks (like HSBC, Citibank, etc.) from other countries, however don't take a risk. Get a demand draft made and cancel it once you are back in Sri lanka.

Regards,
 

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
1,191
32
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
7216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31.05.2011
Doc's Request.
13.03.2013
Med's Request
29.07.2013
Med's Done....
04.08.2013
Passport Req..
07.10.2013
VISA ISSUED...
23.10.2013
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
 

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
2,947
198
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
2132
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
NOVA21 said:
Thanks for the reply..
Do they accept all countries' ( Sri lanka) bank statement?
if they dont accept my country statement at the airport then I will have only $1500 cash to show.. will it be a problem??
Pls call CIC call center agent to find out whether they accept Sri Lanka Bank statement or not on Landing as Proof of Funds.

Do let us also know the feedback you receive.

CIC contact number:
0016139444000
IVR 1-1-2-1-2-1
 

samzar

Full Member
Jan 7, 2014
21
0
hi all,

can anyone tell me please if I need to bring along the pre-filled application of pr card when I land in Canada. I read it somewhere that it is not necessary as the officials at the airport do the needful.

Anyone who has recently landed in Canada can help me out,

Thanks
 

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
2,507
135
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
samzar said:
hi all,

can anyone tell me please if I need to bring along the pre-filled application of pr card when I land in Canada. I read it somewhere that it is not necessary as the officials at the airport do the needful.

Anyone who has recently landed in Canada can help me out,

Thanks
for PR card you just have to give them address, all data they are taking from the COPR and your visa online. no need to fill the form. but to be on safe side, better to fill it just keep with you and dont present at POE.
 

NOVA21

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
180
2
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
1112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-07-2013
Med's Request
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
Rizmayo, Nikeol & Rawdah Thanks for your feedbacks...
 
 

samm2

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
104
0
hi, is it gud to attend ciip orientation before landing to canada? is anyone attended till yet?

can i use different occupation while filling the form in the ciip website which is not a part of occupation list.

http://www.newcomersuccess.ca/index.php/en/about-ciip
 

rizmayo

Hero Member
Aug 17, 2013
912
42
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0213
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
samzar said:
hi all,

can anyone tell me please if I need to bring along the pre-filled application of pr card when I land in Canada. I read it somewhere that it is not necessary as the officials at the airport do the needful.

Anyone who has recently landed in Canada can help me out,

Thanks
No that is an old process. The immigration officer will fill it on his computer. You only need to do is provide your address in Canada.

Regards,
 

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
1,244
462
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
sandyfab said:
hi, is it gud to attend ciip orientation before landing to canada? is anyone attended till yet?

can i use different occupation while filling the form in the ciip website which is not a part of occupation list.

http://www.newcomersuccess.ca/index.php/en/about-ciip
Strongly recommended. It will give you a lot of information and point you in the right direction. I've posted a summary of my experience with them in the Dubai applicants forum. You may want to check my posts.
 

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
1,191
32
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
7216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31.05.2011
Doc's Request.
13.03.2013
Med's Request
29.07.2013
Med's Done....
04.08.2013
Passport Req..
07.10.2013
VISA ISSUED...
23.10.2013
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
akbardxb said:
Strongly recommended. It will give you a lot of information and point you in the right direction. I've posted a summary of my experience with them in the Dubai applicants forum. You may want to check my posts.
can you attach the link of your thread, thnx
 
 

reimfr

Full Member
Apr 7, 2011
48
0
rizmayo said:
No that is an old process. The immigration officer will fill it on his computer. You only need to do is provide your address in Canada.

Regards,
Hi Rizmayo- This thread has been very helpful. We just received our CPR and it expires on 12/14/2014. I only have one question if you could be so kind. We live in the US and are very close to Brockville where we will land. Is it required that we have a place to live in Canada (permanent address) before we go through the landing process? Thanks for any help.
 

rizmayo

Hero Member
Aug 17, 2013
912
42
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0213
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
reimfr said:
Hi Rizmayo- This thread has been very helpful. We just received our CPR and it expires on 12/14/2014. I only have one question if you could be so kind. We live in the US and are very close to Brockville where we will land. Is it required that we have a place to live in Canada (permanent address) before we go through the landing process? Thanks for any help.
Having a permanent address in Canada is not a requirement for landing. However, you will not get your PR cards delivered to an address outside of Canada (not even USA). An option I suggested to one of the members was to get a mailbox with forwarding facility. Basically this gives you a Canadian address and mail received here is forwarded to you anywhere in the world. The 2 services I know of:

http://theupsstore.ca/services/mailboxes/
http://mailnetwork.com/city/toronto

Even though people I know find both services to be very reliable, I personally would not have chosen a forwarding service for delivery of something like my PR card. However the choice is yours.

Regards,