+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rizmayo

Hero Member
Aug 17, 2013
912
42
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0213
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Leon said:
If he doesn't give a Canadian address, he wont be getting his PR card either. If you read the earlier posts, you see that the idea was for him to use a UPS or similar service for forwarding so if there were an issue with the photos, he would get the letter forwarded to his address and then possibly be able to mail the photos in.
Yeah I got that. The site I added above is also a forwarding service. He can buy the UPS mail forwarding instead, if that is what you recommend: http://theupsstore.ca/services/mailboxes/

Regards,
 
 

samm2

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
104
0
beu75 said:
Hello Dear members,

If looking for short term or long term accommodation than please check this link. we also provide free settlement consultation and post back home postal / courier service

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-room-rental-roommates-FURNISHED-ROOM-4-RENT-DAILY-WEEKLY-MONTHLY-W0QQAdIdZ559959018


Thank you
i am interested. plz confirm what needs to be done?
 

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
1,939
312
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasni said:
thanks leon, ..do you have any further details about UPS store, like how to find one, what do they charge, can he settle with them even before landing and have their address at hand once he lands, are they reliable for stuff like PR cards delivery !
Does anyone know of something like safehomestay in Toronto !!


http://theupsstore.ca/small-business-solutions/?gclid=CIjTv4ni_LoCFbBFMgody10AnQ
 

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
1,191
32
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
7216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31.05.2011
Doc's Request.
13.03.2013
Med's Request
29.07.2013
Med's Done....
04.08.2013
Passport Req..
07.10.2013
VISA ISSUED...
23.10.2013
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
rizmayo said:
I may be off topic here, but the letter asking for photos will come in the mail. If you do not have a Canada address you will not get this letter.

Though I myself would be reluctant to give this address for PR card delivery, I know a lot of people who are using this company to create virtual presence in other countries and the mail received here is forwarded to their home country. It has popular options for Canadian addresses as well:

http://mailnetwork.com/

Regards,
thanks rizmayo. So switch one out of these two do you recommend !! I am repeating that photos if sent from outside Canada would be acceptable to CIC !! I mean if they are couriered, will bear the sender's address which will reveal that individual is outside of Canada :( wouldn't it raise their eyebrows why the individual is not inside Canada while his PR card is being processed. Pls clarify
 

rizmayo

Hero Member
Aug 17, 2013
912
42
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0213
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Hasni said:
thanks rizmayo. So switch one out of these two do you recommend !! I am repeating that photos if sent from outside Canada would be acceptable to CIC !! I mean if they are couriered, will bear the sender's address which will reveal that individual is outside of Canada :( wouldn't it raise their eyebrows why the individual is not inside Canada while his PR card is being processed. Pls clarify
Either is fine.. Just compare pricing. Alternately if you are going to be staying in a hotel/motel, some of them will forward your mail to you. This is a popular temp accommodation with many members: http://www.safehomestay.com/ourservices.html

As long as they are shipping the PR card to an address in Canada, it is fine to send the photographs from your home country (but consider costs).

Photographs may be requested through mail, or the letter may ask that you visit one their centers to submit the photo in person (there is no way you can control which option your friend will be met with).

In both cases, they will ask that the photograph bare the date stamp of the photographer.

One work around I have seen people in similar situations use: Few days before you return back to your home country, get your photograph taken from Canada (find a photographer already used to taking PR card pictures) and ask him to date stamp it. Leave the photographs with friends (in Canada) and ask them to mail it on your behalf of they ask for it.
 
 

ajcajc

Newbie
Jan 26, 2014
1
0
Landing - Declaration of Assets outside Canada

I need help regarding the following issues:

1. How and where do I declare the existing assets (bank accounts & movable/immovable property) at time of landing? Can it be part of list of "things to follow"?

2. Is there any tax on transfer of the such money in the non-Canadian banks or generated due to sale of property, at a later date (after initial landing)? Is there any time-limit regarding such transfers?

I would appreciate if you can refer to some government of Canada website.
 

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
1,191
32
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
7216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31.05.2011
Doc's Request.
13.03.2013
Med's Request
29.07.2013
Med's Done....
04.08.2013
Passport Req..
07.10.2013
VISA ISSUED...
23.10.2013
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
rizmayo said:
Either is fine.. Just compare pricing. Alternately if you are going to be staying in a hotel/motel, some of them will forward your mail to you. This is a popular temp accommodation with many members: http://www.safehomestay.com/ourservices.html

As long as they are shipping the PR card to an address in Canada, it is fine to send the photographs from your home country (but consider costs).

Photographs may be requested through mail, or the letter may ask that you visit one their centers to submit the photo in person (there is no way you can control which option your friend will be met with).

In both cases, they will ask that the photograph bare the date stamp of the photographer.

One work around I have seen people in similar situations use: Few days before you return back to your home country, get your photograph taken from Canada (find a photographer already used to taking PR card pictures) and ask him to date stamp it. Leave the photographs with friends (in Canada) and ask them to mail it on your behalf of they ask for it.
thanks rizmayo, about this photo issue,how can one handle if he is already out of Canada and been asked to submit it in person ! Can it still be submitted by one's friend or relative on one's behalf !!
 

rizmayo

Hero Member
Aug 17, 2013
912
42
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0213
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Hasni said:
thanks rizmayo, about this photo issue,how can one handle if he is already out of Canada and been asked to submit it in person ! Can it still be submitted by one's friend or relative on one's behalf !!
Well he can always try. Rules really depends on the person sitting at the counter at that time. I had personal experience with this in Canada. I went to get the health cards made and the officer pointed out some objections to my documents and asked for different ones. I went to the same office next day and got everything done with the exact same documents, did not even mention what transpired the day before.

I will be honest with you, I am a bit confused now. Before you said your friend does not know anyone here and now you are saying that his friends can submit photographs on his behalf. Secondly if you are still deciding what mail forwarding service to use, then did your friend leave the country without giving an address for PR card delivery?

Just offering my 2 cents here (not knowing what the exact scenario is), if your friend knows people in Canada, but not in the city he is landing in, this is not a problem (e.g. he can land in Vancouver and stay there the whole time, but still give the address of his friend in Toronto for PR card delivery). Also if it is a matter of the cost of sending the PR cards to the home country, you can leave a prepaid courier envelop with your friend, which would be cheaper than a mailbox forwarding.

Worst case scenario, they do not accept the photographs, then your friend has to come back to Canada by applying for a onetime travel document: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

This why my advise will always be to travel after you get your PR card in your hand. Or if you have to leave, call 1-888-242‑2100 (from inside Canada) and they can tell you after about 2 weeks if there is a photo issue on the PR card or not. He can still do this if he is in Canada or can get someone to loop him into a 3 way calling from Canada.

Regards,
 

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
1,191
32
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
7216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31.05.2011
Doc's Request.
13.03.2013
Med's Request
29.07.2013
Med's Done....
04.08.2013
Passport Req..
07.10.2013
VISA ISSUED...
23.10.2013
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
rizmayo said:
Well he can always try. Rules really depends on the person sitting at the counter at that time. I had personal experience with this in Canada. I went to get the health cards made and the officer pointed out some objections to my documents and asked for different ones. I went to the same office next day and got everything done with the exact same documents, did not even mention what transpired the day before.

I will be honest with you, I am a bit confused now. Before you said your friend does not know anyone here and now you are saying that his friends can submit photographs on his behalf. Secondly if you are still deciding what mail forwarding service to use, then did your friend leave the country without giving an address for PR card delivery?

Just offering my 2 cents here (not knowing what the exact scenario is), if your friend knows people in Canada, but not in the city he is landing in, this is not a problem (e.g. he can land in Vancouver and stay there the whole time, but still give the address of his friend in Toronto for PR card delivery). Also if it is a matter of the cost of sending the PR cards to the home country, you can leave a prepaid courier envelop with your friend, which would be cheaper than a mailbox forwarding.

Worst case scenario, they do not accept the photographs, then your friend has to come back to Canada by applying for a onetime travel document: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

This why my advise will always be to travel after you get your PR card in your hand. Or if you have to leave, call 1-888-242‑2100 (from inside Canada) and they can tell you after about 2 weeks if there is a photo issue on the PR card or not. He can still do this if he is in Canada or can get someone to loop him into a 3 way calling from Canada.

Regards,
i am sorry if you got confused through my posts on this subject. Actually I am also waiting for my PR cards sitting outside Canada and want to know how to react in various adverse situations. Specially when you mentioned that we may be asked to appear in person to submit the photos, it honestly sent shivers to my spine. Cuz I have hardly seen any case here where in person appearance has been asked for photo submission, so was just curious. I had called after 45 days but they never gave any pertinent info, only that in my case processing time is 69 days and I will get the PR cards in my mailbox on Feb 5. It's almost 60 days now in my case, shall be calling them shortly. My friend's matter is resolved now through rental mail boxes.
 
 

rizmayo

Hero Member
Aug 17, 2013
912
42
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0213
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Hasni said:
i am sorry if you got confused through my posts on this subject. Actually I am also waiting for my PR cards sitting outside Canada and want to know how to react in various adverse situations. Specially when you mentioned that we may be asked to appear in person to submit the photos, it honestly sent shivers to my spine. Cuz I have hardly seen any case here where in person appearance has been asked for photo submission, so was just curious. I had called after 45 days but they never gave any pertinent info, only that in my case processing time is 69 days and I will get the PR cards in my mailbox on Feb 5. It's almost 60 days now in my case, shall be calling them shortly. My friend's matter is resolved now through rental mail boxes.
Well good news for you:

1. I have never heard CIC wait for more than 30 days before telling anyone there is a photograph issue, so if you have not heard from them by now, you have no photo issues.

2. The processing time update for this week is 59 days (i.e. people who landed 59 days ago will be getting their PR cards), so you should have gotten your card yesterday :) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Glad your friend's issue is resolved, which service did he choose?

Regards,
 

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
1,191
32
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
7216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31.05.2011
Doc's Request.
13.03.2013
Med's Request
29.07.2013
Med's Done....
04.08.2013
Passport Req..
07.10.2013
VISA ISSUED...
23.10.2013
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
rizmayo said:
Well good news for you:

1. I have never heard CIC wait for more than 30 days before telling anyone there is a photograph issue, so if you have not heard from them by now, you have no photo issues.

2. The processing time update for this week is 59 days (i.e. people who landed 59 days ago will be getting their PR cards), so you should have gotten your card yesterday :) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Glad your friend's issue is resolved, which service did he choose?

Regards,
that's wonderful, feeling much relaxed now..haha :) How did you make it 59 days for me, and I believe no one can know about how many days will his card take to be processed until it is delivered to him. However i guess calling CIC one can come to know about whats the processing time for people who landed on a particular date. As in my case, upon calling CIC I was told that it is 69 days processing time in my case, and that my PR cards will be in my mailbox on Feb 5.
He will go for UPS stores.
 

rizmayo

Hero Member
Aug 17, 2013
912
42
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
0213
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Hasni said:
that's wonderful, feeling much relaxed now..haha :) How did you make it 59 days for me, and I believe no one can know about how many days will his card take to be processed until it is delivered to him. However i guess calling CIC one can come to know about whats the processing time for people who landed on a particular date. As in my case, upon calling CIC I was told that it is 69 days processing time in my case, and that my PR cards will be in my mailbox on Feb 5.
He will go for UPS stores.
The processing time that CIC gives you over the phone is based on the backlog of cases that they are able to process. They review this number every week. At the time they gave you your timeline it was indeed 69 days (I saw it myself). However since last week it is 59 days, so you should be getting the card this week. Give your friend a call and ask if there is any mail for you :)

Regards,
 

NOVA21

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
180
2
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
1112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-07-2013
Med's Request
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
emamabd said:
You will need to fill the landing card (to declare that you are carrying an amount more than 10000 CAD), you will get the form in-flight
so - you don't have to carry a printout,

You can view the sample of the customs landing card in below link:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf
Little confusion..
I m going to carry $1500 cash remaining ($10000) bank statement..in this case do I need to fill the form?
 
 

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
2,507
135
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
NOVA21 said:
Little confusion..
I m going to carry $1500 cash remaining ($10000) bank statement..in this case do I need to fill the form?
yes
 

NOVA21

Star Member
Nov 12, 2013
180
2
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
1112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-07-2013
Med's Request
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
nekeol said:
Thanks for the reply..
Do they accept all countries' ( Sri lanka) bank statement?
if they dont accept my country statement at the airport then I will have only $1500 cash to show.. will it be a problem??