+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
at9459 said:
Because they are still in school class VII & Xth respectively.session will end in april 14.
Don't know if you would consider this an option, but your kids will not have any problem getting admission (that is the law) here and they can complete their year in Canada. There is no risk of them falling behind in class, as the curriculum here is more laid back then most of the world. If the option was them coming to Canada or completing all their education where they are at, then it would make sense to weigh the education standards of the 2 countries. However if they will continue education in Canada next year anyway, there really is no point in delaying their move. The schools here are very accommodating for students joining in the middle of the year.

Regards,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumitbajaj07 said:
Hi Leon,

As you said If I say I am going for less day..They can hold my cards..WHat does that means ?

Shouldn't I say them I am coming only for less number of days ?
When you land, they ask you for an address in Canada to mail your PR card to.

It is possible that they will ask if you will be at this address when the card arrives. If you say no, they may decide to hold your card. That means that you still land as a PR but they don't mail your card until you contact them and tell them you are in Canada and you have a safe address for them to mail it to and you will be at this address when the card arrives.

This would also put you in the situation that you leave without a PR card and have to get back in somehow. If you drive or walk across the border, it would not be a problem. You can show your landing papers, say you had to leave without the card so it is not a big deal.

If you wait more than 6 months before you come back to Canada and tell them they can mail your card, you would need to take new photos and fill out a form to apply for a new card, only costs $50 though.

vaz

Jul 20, 2010
Hi,

I am working currently in the US on a H1 visa and planning to land in the first week of Feb .
My plan is to stay for a few days and come back to the US and move to Canada at a later time.

My question is , do I still need to provide proof of funds on landing even though I am not moving to Canada right away ?
Also, can I show bank statements of my bank account in US for proof of funds ?

thanks in advance for your help.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
at9459 said:
Because they are still in school class VII & Xth respectively.session will end in april 14.
Its totally your choice and decision of course - you decide your family's priorities, but from what i know - kids are accepted in canadian schools at any time of the year, so that should not be a reason to risk the PR status..unless you have no plans for your kids to reside in canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaz said:
Hi,

I am working currently in the US on a H1 visa and planning to land in the first week of Feb .
My plan is to stay for a few days and come back to the US and move to Canada at a later time.

My question is , do I still need to provide proof of funds on landing even though I am not moving to Canada right away ?
Also, can I show bank statements of my bank account in US for proof of funds ?

thanks in advance for your help.
You have to show proof of funds when you land. You will not be asked for it again.

A bank statement from the US should suffice.

KingfisherStrong

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2013
Doc's Request.
CC(29/09/2013)
Nomination.....
PER(02/10/2013)
AOR Received.
AOR(29/10/2013)
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
MR(24/12/2013)
Med's Done....
Med - (30/12/2013), Med Update in ECAS - (04/01/2014)
Interview........
DD (RPRF) encashed - 14/01/2014
Passport Req..
24/12/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/02/2014
LANDED..........
NA
Hi

Please help in following questions :

1. After getting PR, is it possible to move to Canada after 2 years?

2. If I want to go to Canada permanently after 2 years , how can I get my PR card and what options do you suggest ( For e.g. I go to Canada in the first year for 1-2 weeks and come back ) ?

Please suggest ..

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
KingfisherStrong said:
Hi

Please help in following questions :

1. After getting PR, is it possible to move to Canada after 2 years?

2. If I want to go to Canada permanently after 2 years , how can I get my PR card and what options do you suggest ( For e.g. I go to Canada in the first year for 1-2 weeks and come back ) ?

Please suggest ..
1. Yes

2. When you get your PR visa, you will have to do the landing formalities - once you land - your pr card processing will start. To know more about how long it takes to process the pr card you can view the below link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

KingfisherStrong

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2013
Doc's Request.
CC(29/09/2013)
Nomination.....
PER(02/10/2013)
AOR Received.
AOR(29/10/2013)
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
MR(24/12/2013)
Med's Done....
Med - (30/12/2013), Med Update in ECAS - (04/01/2014)
Interview........
DD (RPRF) encashed - 14/01/2014
Passport Req..
24/12/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/02/2014
LANDED..........
NA
emamabd said:
1. Yes

2. When you get your PR visa, you will have to do the landing formalities - once you land - your pr card processing will start. To know more about how long it takes to process the pr card you can view the below link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Thanks emamabd for quick response...!!

But the issue is that - Is it not necessary to stay in canada to get the PR card.?

I can go there in first year for 1-2 week visit. I think PR visa is valid for 1 year. so one has to move to Canada to prevent the visa expiry.

I want to shift there permanently after 2 years . . . . so how can I get PR card if I do not stay there?

Is it possible to get PR card to some friend's address in canada ??

Please reply

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KingfisherStrong said:

But the issue is that - Is it not necessary to stay in canada to get the PR card.?

I can go there in first year for 1-2 week visit. I think PR visa is valid for 1 year. so one has to move to Canada to prevent the visa expiry.

I want to shift there permanently after 2 years . . . . so how can I get PR card if I do not stay there?

Please reply

Thanks
You can get the PR card mailed to a friends address in Canada and your friend can mail it or bring it to you where you are.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
KingfisherStrong said:

Please reply

Thanks
The expiry will be mentioned on your visa. It is not at all necessary that you get a visa valid for 1 year, I have seen people on this forum get a 2 month validity. The expiry date coincides with the expiry date of your medicals. The visa is single entry and can only be used for the first landing and thereafter you will use your PR card to enter Canada.

If you belong to a country that does not require a visa to enter into Canada, then you will just get the COPR.

Regards,

icer

Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
23-Nov-2013
Dear Friends,

I have booked a ticket for April 07, 2014 to Edmonton. My route will be Kathmandu-Seoul-Vancouver-Edmonton so my port of entry to Canada will be Vancouver. I have to do the paper(Immigration) formalities in Vancouver. My question is does it affect my heath insurance policy of Alberta Province and also other benefits in Alberta? Please, friends i need your help on this.
Thanks in advance,
icer

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
icer said:
Dear Friends,

I have booked a ticket for April 07, 2014 to Edmonton. My route will be Kathmandu-Seoul-Vancouver-Edmonton so my port of entry to Canada will be Vancouver. I have to do the paper(Immigration) formalities in Vancouver. My question is does it affect my heath insurance policy of Alberta Province and also other benefits in Alberta? Please, friends i need your help on this.
Thanks in advance,
icer
It will not affect anything. Calgary and Edmonton are not that big so it can be hard to find international flights directly to AB.

icer

Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
23-Nov-2013
Leon said:
It will not affect anything. Calgary and Edmonton are not that big so it can be hard to find international flights directly to AB.
Thanks alot for your quick and valuable information.
regards,
icer

samm2

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
hi all

i know, i have to bring all these documents mentioned below:-

1. Passport with Visa.
2. COPR
3. PofA. -for cases 'without' AEO & family class. (Cash, B/Draft, TCs, latest Bank Statement, Wire Tfr Record)
4. Passport size photos. -qty 2-3 each, for PR Card. (it may not be needed, but good to carry)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -this u can do it there, Or carry it before hand (filled) for ease.
6. Goods to follow List (Form B4E). -this u can do it there, Or carry it before hand (filled) for ease.
7. SIN Card Application (Form NAS 2120). -NOT NEEDED at the a/port. But needed later.

my query is:-

1) do i have to carry my original and copy of experience and educational docs? do they check when we land?
2) if i open bank account in scotiabank from india and transfer money, can i show bank statement as a proof of funds?
3) what questions, do they generally ask when we land to canada?
4) any other info, you want to add regarding the same?

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
One of my friends has chosen Vancouver as POE for his first landing. He plans to come back after two weeks. He has no relatives or friends there. Can someone please suggest what options does he has to get his PR cards mailed to him. Need a quick reply. Thanks.