+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
samin said:
Can any one help me to inform how to go to Ottawa from Toronto Coz I will land in Toronto on June 22 afternoon and same day I like to go to Ottawa
Toronto-Ottawa Travel

Hi, u can travel to Ottawa by any means, Rent-a-Car, Train & Flight.
-Road drive would be the costliest & time consuming.
-Air travel would be the fastest, but charmless.
-Best bet is taking the train. Nice, relaxed, good view along the way & quite comfortable.

Here are some stats:
Driving Dist: 450 Kms aprox.
By Flight: Air Canada RapidAir
Taravel time: 1 hr. approx
Ticket cost: $159
Source: http://www.aircanada.com/facade.do

By train: VIA Rail
Travel time: 5 hrs. approx
Ticket cost: $55
Route: Toronto-Oshawa-Belleville-Kingston-Brockville-Ottawa
Source: http://www.viarail.ca/en/trains/ontario-and-quebec/toronto-ottawa

Qorax

R

Raj22

Whats the point of staying till we find a job/attachment?

Dear Seniors,

I plan to land in Vancouver with my family in June 2010 and be in Canada for about 2 weeks. I just want to make sure that the immigration people will send the PR cards and SIN cards to address we state at the POE. It is given on CIC website that we need to goto their office to collect PR cards and sign an acknowledgement slip. Can anyone comment on this ?

Further, All I want to do in this trip is to complete the formalities of becoming PR, apply PR card, get SIN card number , open an account and applying for health card. Then I plan to visit some places and give my CV for jobs/higher education. Is there anything else that I need to do during this first visit? I dont find any point of staying there more than 2 weeks till I actually get any offer. This way I can also keep my job in my home country for as long as possible.

By the way , I have a trustable person in canada whose address I shall be using for all the above communications

Regards
Raj

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Have question on PR card. I am looking for opportunities in Canada thru my company itself. If I won't get it by July, I am planning to travel to Toronto with my family(4) finish landing process and stay there for a week and come back to India. I know that the to get PR card I need to wait for 4-6 weeks. Since I am not planning to stay there for not more than a week, what needs to be done ?
Should I tell the IO that I am here to complete landing process and will be leaving in a week ?
Once I come back to India, how do I go back to Canada ? Some where read, need to get travel document from Consulate. What is that and how long it takes to get that ? do we need to visit Consulate to get that or by post itself we will get that ? How much it costs ?

I know people might have faced these kind of situation. Please advice on how to go about this...

Thank you so much in advance.

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
newceo said:
Have question on PR card. I am looking for opportunities in Canada thru my company itself. If I won't get it ...........
n. Please advice on how to go about this...

Thank you so much in advance.
From earlier threads, it is found that:
If you inform IO that, you are going to leave shortly after landing, IO may not approve PR card. You may get the card when you land later.

In that case u have to apply for travel document. for more details See: (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/pr_return-retour_rp.aspx?lang=eng#Travel_Doc)

jeby

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rupesh said:
I would like to thank Qorax for this post and the other posts which is very helpful to all the people..
i have one suggestion to qorax if you can put one post with links to all post then it would be helpful to all...

thanks once again for your hard work...
DONE. PLZ SEE HERE...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t40175.0.html

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Qurox, thank you for the detail information. Its really nice and kind of you to try to help everyone out.
I;ve some questions to ask to you. If you have time please reply me back I'll truly appreciate it.
I've a PR visa stamped in my passport and now trying to do the landing formalities. I was thinking I would go by air to vancouver or toronto from U.S.A but you mentioned if you are traveling by air and dont have PR card than COPR document is not enough you need to
is to apply for a 'PRTD-A31 (3)' [Temporary 'PR Travel Document'] at the local CHC [abroad]. Is that how it works or I am missing the correct information?? all I have is COPR and passport with visa stamped. can I land canada by air (using automatic visa revalidation and come back usa in 2-3 days)
when we do the landing formality do we need to schedule an appointment or we dont ? sorry if this is a stupid question. thank you for your help.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dipen said:
Qurox, thank you for the detail information. Its really nice and kind of you to try to help everyone out.
I;ve some questions to ask to you. If you have time please reply me back I'll truly appreciate it.
I've a PR visa stamped in my passport and now trying to do the landing formalities. I was thinking I would go by air to vancouver or toronto from U.S.A but you mentioned if you are traveling by air and dont have PR card than COPR document is not enough you need to
is to apply for a 'PRTD-A31 (3)' [Temporary 'PR Travel Document'] at the local CHC [abroad]. Is that how it works or I am missing the correct information?? all I have is COPR and passport with visa stamped. can I land canada by air (using automatic visa revalidation and come back usa in 2-3 days)
when we do the landing formality do we need to schedule an appointment or we dont ? sorry if this is a stupid question. thank you for your help.
Hi Dips,

1. That point was for 'landed & returned' cases -who wanted to reEnter. For the 1st time landing u don't need a PRC.
2. There is nothing such as an appointment. U r free to 'land' as per your wish.

All the best !
Qorax

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Qurox, Thank you very much for the information. I didnt expected you would be so quick in replying my query. Thanks a lot brother.
I've one more question to ask sorry....but you can reply back whenever you are free. this would be greatly appreciated. My question is related to using "automatic visa revalidation" for U.S non immigrant going to canada for landing and coming back to USA again. my situation is I came to usa in f1 visa -changed to h1 and again changed to f1 which I am currently in. I never left U.S.A since I came here. so while going to canada for landing and returing back to U.S.A I've valid I-20 and I-94 to show to the authority. My concern is Is my valid I-94 still the one attached to my passport or is it something different ? the reason i am asking is, as i said I changed from f1-h1 and now again back to f1 status so I am not sure if my valid I-94 is still the one attached to my passport because while in h1 there is another I-94 attached to form I-797A (since I am not in H1 i dont think it has anything to do but still want to confirm this curiosity). please share me any information and your ideas regarding this . thank you very much

cheot09

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
uae
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
nil
File Transfer...
Mar 29, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 9, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Interview........
Mar 8, 2010
Passport Req..
April 12, 2010 (sent on May 1, received by CHC May 4, 2010)
VISA ISSUED...
May 11, 2010 (returned to me on May 19, 2010)
hi qorax!

just a question...do we need no bring with us the forms for the things that we need to declare or we can get it from the airport lonce we arrived? many thanks!

at9459

May 30, 2009
is it important to buy a one way ticket to Canada .
is informing the IO about return after a month against you?

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
DEAR QORAX,

WHILE FILLING UP THE PR FORM IN THE AIRPORT, IF SOMEONE DOES NOT KNOW WHERE HE WILL STAY, WHAT ADDRESS SHOULD HE GIVE FOR THE SIN CARD TO ARRIVE?

HE MIGHT STAY IN A HOTEL FOR FEW DAYS BEFORE MOVING TO AN APARTMENT OR HE MIGHT LAND IN TORONTO AND THEN DECIDE TO STAY IN VANCOUVER, ETC.

HOW TO GIVE THE ADDRESS FOR SIN CARD SO THAT HE RECEIVES IT SURELY?

sathya103

Nov 17, 2009
Dear Qorax,

Can we give a Canadian Mailbox / Po BOX Address for PR Card at the time of landing?

Thanks in advance.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dipen said:
Qurox, Thank you very much for the information. I didnt expected you would be so quick in replying my query. Thanks a lot brother.
I've one more question to ask sorry....but you can reply back whenever you are free. this would be greatly appreciated. My question is related to using "automatic visa revalidation" for U.S non immigrant going to canada for landing and coming back to USA again. my situation is I came to usa in f1 visa -changed to h1 and again changed to f1 which I am currently in. I never left U.S.A since I came here. so while going to canada for landing and returing back to U.S.A I've valid I-20 and I-94 to show to the authority. My concern is Is my valid I-94 still the one attached to my passport or is it something different ? the reason i am asking is, as i said I changed from f1-h1 and now again back to f1 status so I am not sure if my valid I-94 is still the one attached to my passport because while in h1 there is another I-94 attached to form I-797A (since I am not in H1 i dont think it has anything to do but still want to confirm this curiosity). please share me any information and your ideas regarding this . thank you very much
Hi Dips,

I'm not attempting your query as I'm not fully clear with the issue. It'll be wise if u 'open/initiate' a thread by itself, on the subject. That'd get all probable replies to the matter, independently.

Regrets buddy, I couldn't be of any help on the issue.
Qorax