+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

barney

Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YTNZ said:
At the PR application where you have to indicate a returning address for your cards, can we have that address in another province than our point of entry, e.g. can I write my friend's address in Halifax, while I intend to do the landing in toronto?

I heard that if I want to put my returning address in Halifax, then I have to do the landing in Halifax. Is this true?
You can write your friend's address in Halifax as returning address. Your address need not be in the same province as your point of entry. You can select any point of entry in Canada except Quebec (unless you have applied for Quebec Immigration).

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011 encashed on 06/05/2011
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 / Medical received line 07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
decision made: 1-3-13 Visa Date: 27-02-13 Passport Received: 5-3-13
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
barney said:
You can write your friend's address in Halifax as returning address. Your address need not be in the same province as your point of entry. You can select any point of entry in Canada except Quebec (unless you have applied for Quebec Immigration).
Many thanks for the reply

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
barney said:
@YTNZ
Besides the above being correct, if it's ur 1st entry -- u don't need to fill-up the PR card's Application Form.

barney

Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Captain and other forum members,

I am planing to land in Canada next month. When I checked with the local cargo guys here in Dubai, they said I will be charged for a minimum of 250 Kgs (as per airlines rules) @ 15 Dhs / Kg without their packing service. 250 Dhs for documentation and an additional 5 Dhs for each carton. If they pack, 3 Dhs / Kg additional. I felt that they are trying to take me for a ride!

Those who have already moved to Canada from the middle east, did you all pay these kind of a fee to get a few of your personal belongings which you cannot carry with you at the time of first landing? Most of my luggage includes academic books, a very few kitchen items required till I do local shopping there and a 'lot' of toys of my son which are very good quality and expensive ones that we collected over the years...Can any experienced seniors please provide your valuable advice and suggestions? Really appreciate it.

Regards,

Barney

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
barney said:
Dear Captain and other forum members,

I am planing to land in Canada next month. When I checked with the local cargo guys here in Dubai, they said I will be charged for a minimum of 250 Kgs (as per airlines rules) @ 15 Dhs / Kg without their packing service. 250 Dhs for documentation and an additional 5 Dhs for each carton. If they pack, 3 Dhs / Kg additional. I felt that they are trying to take me for a ride!

Those who have already moved to Canada from the middle east, did you all pay these kind of a fee to get a few of your personal belongings which you cannot carry with you at the time of first landing? Most of my luggage includes academic books, a very few kitchen items required till I do local shopping there and a 'lot' of toys of my son which are very good quality and expensive ones that we collected over the years...Can any experienced seniors please provide your valuable advice and suggestions? Really appreciate it.

Regards,

Barney
Hi,

Sorry, I can't opine on the cargo tariff issues as I didn't use any. I just buy excess baggage everytime I travel from Dubai. BTW, pls connect with Biju -- he knows some Shipping Agent in Dubai and I've understood that he's quite cost effective, besides being easy to use.

Qorax

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011 encashed on 06/05/2011
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 / Medical received line 07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
decision made: 1-3-13 Visa Date: 27-02-13 Passport Received: 5-3-13
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
qorax said:
@ YTNZ
Besides the above being correct, if it's ur 1st entry -- u don't need to fill-up the PR card's Application Form.
Do you mean PR will be issued without filling forms any forms? But how they will know where to send them.

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
YTNZ said:
Do you mean PR will be issued without filling forms any forms? But how they will know where to send them.

Forms will be filled by CBSA official @ immigration, you just need to provide him/her " Address in Canada "

zaipak

Dec 20, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2009
Hi Dear Qorax,

I got the VISA & COPR iand intended to land in Toronto by June with family of 5 ( Me, wife & 3 kids) and want to stay there for a month then return back to home country. I want to know about 2/3 bedroom fully furnished apartment with all required facilities like Internet, cable, TV, kitchen stauff etc. I do not want to settle now I will come back after year or so for permanent residence. I will appreciate for your best advise whether to go for furnished apartment or hotel and what is the budgetry cost?

Regards,
Zaipak

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
zaipak said:
Hi Dear Qorax,

I got the VISA & COPR iand intended to land in Toronto by June with family of 5 ( Me, wife & 3 kids) and want to stay there for a month then return back to home country. I want to know about 2/3 bedroom fully furnished apartment with all required facilities like Internet, cable, TV, kitchen stauff etc. I do not want to settle now I will come back after year or so for permanent residence. I will appreciate for your best advise whether to go for furnished apartment or hotel and what is the budgetry cost?

Regards,
Zaipak
we are a family of 4 - just landed last week - a 2 room furnished apartment in toronto costed us 2000 CAD per month! We'll be staying 2 months just waiting for the cards.

zaipak

Dec 20, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2009
emamabd said:
we are a family of 4 - just landed last week - a 2 room furnished apartment in toronto costed us 2000 CAD per month! We'll be staying 2 months just waiting for the cards.
Thanks emamabd, can you please let me know what facilities you got with furnished apartment and how to get good furnished apartment.

Reagrds,
Zaipak

fahima

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
zaipak said:
Thanks emamabd, can you please let me know what facilities you got with furnished apartment and how to get good furnished apartment.

Reagrds,
Zaipak
Dear forum friends,

I am planning to fly in two or three months.please help what kind of basic skillness should I know in order settle initially. I obtained post graduate in commerce from a reputed Public University, Bangladesh. It should be wise to enroll in University from beginning rather seek survival job to save my borrowed deposit. I have 2 kids with 4 member family.

masud

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
zaipak said:

Reagrds,
Zaipak
the flat has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms & a sitting room, it contains 2 LCD tv's 42" & 47", cable,internet the kitchen is fully equipped with huge fridge, oven,microwave and all utensils - its only missing a dishwasher & a washing machine.
I got it through a friend - its his neighbours flat & the neighbour went on a long holiday abroad.

I have tried earlier to contact people through craiglist who were offering apartments for short term but i did not get any positive response - they were not motivated by the idea of renting their flat to a new immigrant....

zaipak

Dec 20, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2009
emamabd said:
the flat has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms & a sitting room, it contains 2 LCD tv's 42" & 47", cable,internet the kitchen is fully equipped with huge fridge, oven,microwave and all utensils - its only missing a dishwasher & a washing machine.
I got it through a friend - its his neighbours flat & the neighbour went on a long holiday abroad.

I have tried earlier to contact people through craiglist who were offering apartments for short term but i did not get any positive response - they were not motivated by the idea of renting their flat to a new immigrant....
Thanks a lot emamabd, information is really of great help.

Regards,
Zaipak

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
Hi,
Just for the sake of taking an extra precaution, is it better if one also mentions Passport No. along with his/her name on BD/Certified cheques?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mr_rana said:
Hi,
Just for the sake of taking an extra precaution, is it better if one also mentions Passport No. along with his/her name on BD/Certified cheques?
Not required. But u may if u desire, I've seen few doing so.