+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

azimrit

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
27-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-05-2014
Dear Members,
I have done my job in three institutions but NDVO returned me only one (the present institution) certificate along with IELTS certificate.What would happen to my previous two original experience certificates?do they provide me in Canada Airport by CIC or not ?What should I do to get them since my previous organization does not want to give me , again the experience certificates?
Your suggestions are appreciated !!!

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
azimrit said:
Dear Members,
I have done my job in three institutions but NDVO returned me only one (the present institution) certificate along with IELTS certificate.What would happen to my previous two original experience certificates?do they provide me in Canada Airport by CIC or not ?What should I do to get them since my previous organization does not want to give me , again the experience certificates?
write vo email for the same

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
azimrit said:
Dear Members,
They usually don't return POF, PCC and IELTS result, other than that everything is returned to you through mail, unless CIC thinks they are fake. Since you have already gotten your visa, there is no worry of docs being fake. I suggest you contact them, as there seems to be some mistake on the part of your visa officer (hope he did not loose them :( ) ... You will not get any documents at the airport.

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
jazibkg said:
I landed in Canada as an adult dependent of my mother in Jan '14. Family of 5. Vancouver. No official at the airport asked us anything about 'proof of funds'. The cashier at the office only 'asked' us about the funds we had, noted in his computer, and let us go outside of the airport. Proof of funds really isn't much big of an issue, and my family wasted a lot of time in the final days gathering documents about it when that time could have been used elsewhere in more important tasks.
Congrats on landing.

First of all, I am curious about what documents you were gathering for POF, no document are required for this.

Secondly, what many people do not realize is that showing POF (cash, DD, etc.) is part of a random check and not everyone is asked for them. Also most of us inform CBSA that we are carrying more then C$10,000 and this is the same as showing POF.

Regards,

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Members:

I am from a visa exempt country living in the US. CPP let me know that a COPR was mailed to me on March 5. I never received it and it has now been a month. I wrote to them asking they send another, and was told they would have to wait 90 days to see if the one they sent is returned.

By that time I should have only 2 months left before my COPR expires, and they still have to mail it to me. Does anyone know of any applicant that waited over a month for their COPR after it was mailed? Is there anything I can do?

Thank you,
Cam

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
cam1234 said:
Dear Members:

I am from a visa exempt country living in the US. CPP let me know that a COPR was mailed to me on March 5. I never received it and it has now been a month. I wrote to them asking they send another, and was told they would have to wait 90 days to see if the one they sent is returned.

By that time I should have only 2 months left before my COPR expires, and they still have to mail it to me. Does anyone know of any applicant that waited over a month for their COPR after it was mailed? Is there anything I can do?

Thank you,
Cam
if you reached that point where they will be mailing you another pr - i would suggest that you ask them if they will accept that you arrange a prepaid courier pickup service...in fact if i were you i would have done that since the first time...(thats how i got my copr)

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
if you reached that point where they will be mailing you another pr - i would suggest that you ask them if they will accept that you arrange a prepaid courier pickup service...in fact if i were you i would have done that since the first time...(thats how i got my copr)
Thank you for your response emamabd. Being from a visa exempt country they just go ahead and send COPR by mail, they don't ask for passports, and I had no way of knowing but by checking ECAS.

I did ask them in my recent email to please send me another and if I can pay for FedEx, but they just said we have to wait 90 days to see if it comes back... and for me not to contact them again, they will contact me... But how would they know I never received the COPR to send me another if I'm not to contact them???

Cam

azimrit

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
27-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-05-2014
nekeol said:
write vo email for the same
thank you.as per your suggestion today i emailed to VO.

Vancouver14

Star Member
Sep 7, 2013
Dear All,

I have got my PR and COPR and planning to land soon. I need your suggestions on the below mentioned queries:

1) What is the best way to carry settlements funds to Canada?
2) Is there any upper limit for cash or funds which is allowed into Canada for first time settlers?
3) Should I get first 3 months insurance from my home country or should get one after arriving in Canada?
4) Can I book an apartment from my home country?

Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vancouver14 said:
Dear All,

I have got my PR and COPR and planning to land soon. I need your suggestions on the below mentioned queries:

1) What is the best way to carry settlements funds to Canada?
2) Is there any upper limit for cash or funds which is allowed into Canada for first time settlers?
3) Should I get first 3 months insurance from my home country or should get one after arriving in Canada?
4) Can I book an apartment from my home country?

Thanks in advance.
1) You can carry a mix of cash, travelers checks and cashiers checks.

2) There is no limit but if you are carrying more than $10,000 on your person, you must notify customs about it.

3) It is better to buy insurance at home because you know the companies and you will already have insurance when you arrive and not have to look for an insurance broker after you arrive.

4) I would not advise renting an apartment unseen. You want to be able to see the apartment in person, see the neighbourhood etc. It would be better to arrive in the last half of a month and live in a hotel while you look for an apartment. Most people move in on the first of the month so although it is possibly that you will find an apartment in the middle of the month that is already empty, many of the apartments advertised, the tenant is moving out and the apartment will not be free until the 1st of the month.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Leon said:

2) There is no limit but if you are carrying more than $10,000 on your person, you must notify customs about it.

3) It is better to buy insurance at home because you know the companies and you will already have insurance when you arrive and not have to look for an insurance broker after you arrive.

4) I would not advise renting an apartment unseen. You want to be able to see the apartment in person, see the neighbourhood etc. It would be better to arrive in the last half of a month and live in a hotel while you look for an apartment. Most people move in on the first of the month so although it is possibly that you will find an apartment in the middle of the month that is already empty, many of the apartments advertised, the tenant is moving out and the apartment will not be free until the 1st of the month.
I second this.

Regards,

Vancouver14

Star Member
Sep 7, 2013
Leon said:

Hi Leon,

Thanks for your reply..

My all queries are well answered.

I am from India. Is there any issue at Indian Immigration while departure as I will be carrying more than 10000$ which I feel every immigrant has to carry. Do you have any idea on this?

Thanks in advance.

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Fellas,

This may have been answered earlier but I am not able to find answer to my question.

1) http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/
In the above URL, B4 "Personal Effects Accounting Document" and B4A "Personal Effects Accounting Document (list of goods imported)" between the 2 of these, which one is goods accompanying and goods to follow?

2) I don't remember where I heard or read this, but is it true that one needs to attach invoices of imported goods less than one year old?
Please clarify this.

JDC2011

Oct 18, 2011
I have another question, thank you in advance for your help. Me and my husband will land first. I will stay permanently while my husband plans to stay only for 3 weeks. After the 3 weeks stay there, he will go back again to Canada after one or 2 months.

If I can remember correctly, someone had posted that it will take 3 months to process the PR card.

My question.. is it fine if my husband will return to Canada with my kids without the PR card yet?

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
sinestra said:
Fellas,

This may have been answered earlier but I am not able to find answer to my question.

1) http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/
In the above URL, B4 "Personal Effects Accounting Document" and B4A "Personal Effects Accounting Document (list of goods imported)" between the 2 of these, which one is goods accompanying and goods to follow? B4A is just an extension of form B4. So if you run out of space to write on form B4, you can continue the list on form B4A. I prefer to group items on form B4 and then use a standard excel sheet (this practice is accepted by CBSA) to give details of each group, instead of form B4A.
For example on form B4 I would make category called electronics. Then on the excel sheet I would list down all the electronics items one-by-one along with serial numbers and estimated value of each item. The total value of all the electronics items is the value I would put on form B4 for the group.

2) I don't remember where I heard or read this, but is it true that one needs to attach invoices of imported goods less than one year old?
Please clarify this. No, but you may need to show the receipts to show you have owned the item for more than 6 months, if the items looks brand new. You cannot bring any new unused item as part of the new immigrant duty exemption.