+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejackson said:
I intend landing in Vancouver very soon though Calgary is my city for settlement. I want to land in Vancouver because my wife is pregnant and I want her to stay with her sister who is living in Vancouver to deliver the baby. I hope to return to pick my children and resign from my current job.

Sir, how do I go about it
Where should I land with my children
How can my wife come to Calgary
You realize that if your wife lands in Vancouver in order to stay there for the delivery of the baby, you will be paying for it? She is not eligible for health care in BC unless she is planning on living there for 6 months a year plus there is a 3 month waiting period to get coverage. BC has actually back-charged people for medical expenses if they left after less than 6 months there.

What you could do is land in Calgary or land in Vancouver and go straight to Calgary, get SIN cards, get Alberta health, secure an apartment and when you want to go pick up your children, your wife can go visit her sister. AB health will cover her medical expenses while she is visiting in another province. She should however make sure she spends at least 6 months of the first 12 months in Canada in AB or she might have the same problem with AB wanting re-payment.

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Thank you Leon,

I realized that the cost of renting a house in Calgary vary between 1000- 1300. I will be away from Canada initially for about three months.
Sir, do you think the cost of the Medicals for my wife in in BC will amount to 3000.That is I am paying for three months in Calgary while being away?

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejackson said:
I realized that the cost of renting a house in Calgary vary between 1000- 1300. I will be away from Canada initially for about three months.
Sir, do you think the cost of the Medicals for my wife in in BC will amount to 3000.That is I am paying for three months in Calgary while being away?
If your wife has the baby in BC without having health care, it could easily cost you $10,000. Maybe less or maybe more if there are complications.

It looks better if you go to AB first to set things up that you secure an apartment but if you are gone that long, maybe it is not absolutely necessary. You could stay in a motel to get set up. Then you go back and she goes and visits her sister.

Or maybe you can get away with less than 3 months gone. Or maybe you could tie up your loose ends, quit your job and then all leave together as then you would not have to go back for a second trip. You have to figure out what works best for you.

Going..Canada

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010 send Dec 2010
AOR Received.
May 2011
IELTS Request
Send with other doc's Dec 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012
qorax said:
All You Need to Know About Landing...

Hi friends,

As these queries keep coming repeatedly in this forum (& I get many PMs as well), I thought to summarize all into one thread. This post shall quench most of our doubts. I hope it helps...
Thank you Qorax, you are great!

Very usefull information and well organized.
Thanks again!

Londonqtr

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
NOC Code......
4131- 4121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 09
Doc's Request.
May - 09
AOR Received.
Oct - 09
IELTS Request
Done my Ielts in Sept. and Sent after 120 days.
File Transfer...
Oct - 09
Med's Request
May 2010
Med's Done....
June 2010
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
15-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
Landed and Got the PR
Dear Qorax,

I hope you are well and blessed. Last year when I Landed in Toronto and stayed there for about 6 weeks, I tried hard to contact you, but could not get any of your contact info. I heard that there are some kind of gatherings/Meetings in GTA for Canada visa (especially DXB people) candidates. Sir, I am coming to visit Toronto this May as well and will stay there for about 6 more weeks. Really really need to contact you and meet you; I was in touch for the long time with brother Kanamen.

There are plenty of things I need to figure it out that’s why I have decided to stay out of Canada for about 2 years and then come to the land of Opportunities once for all. Insha Allah.

Sir, please arrange some sort of meeting and sharing info with you completely at your convenience, I will be there on 24th of May and onwards. My Majic Jack number is 718-880-6177.

Thanks a lot for your Hard work and great efforts.

Kind Regards

Londonqtr.

alveei

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2009
AOR Received.
July 2009
IELTS Request
September 2009
File Transfer...
September 2009
Med's Request
November 2011
Med's Done....
December 2011
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1--- 10 July 2012,-----PPR2---03-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Al Hamd 0 Lillah 28-08-2012
LANDED..........
Insha Allah very soon
Very helpful info

Many thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Londonqtr said:
Dear Qorax,

I hope you are well and blessed. Last year when I Landed in Toronto and stayed there for about 6 weeks, I tried hard to contact you, but could not get any of your contact info. I heard that there are some kind of gatherings/Meetings in GTA for Canada visa (especially DXB people) candidates. Sir, I am coming to visit Toronto this May as well and will stay there for about 6 more weeks. Really really need to contact you and meet you; I was in touch for the long time with brother Kanamen.

There are plenty of things I need to figure it out that's why I have decided to stay out of Canada for about 2 years and then come to the land of Opportunities once for all. Insha Allah.

Sir, please arrange some sort of meeting and sharing info with you completely at your convenience, I will be there on 24th of May and onwards. My Majic Jack number is 718-880-6177.

Thanks a lot for your Hard work and great efforts.

Kind Regards

Londonqtr.
Hi,

Thanx for those nice words. We used to have organized meets initially, but had to stop it due to paucity of time and b'coz no one else was taking the trouble of organizing them, it being planned/held everytime by me.

As of now, we the core members, meet regularly. Almost every other week. But under informal settings, usually in one of our homes. Or we go out for brunch/lunch/dinners/sightseeting trips together.

U r welcome to meet me/us anytime. it'd be a pleasure. However, pls note that I'd be leaving for Dubai on 10th May-12. And be returning back in about 3-4 weeks. Meanwhile, yes, Kanamen, Explorer101, Ankit20, Mycan, AnushaUC and many others from the forums, who r in our team here, could be touch-based too.

Regards,

Qorax

toCA

May 27, 2011
Dear Seniors,

I learned from Leon's posting that BC / AB back-charge health care cost if person does not stay atleast 6 months a year in that province (or may be in canada). I am planning to do my first time landing (Toronto) in July, then deliver a baby in Oct (after getting OHIP) and come back to gulf in late Nov. It would be only 5 months stay in Canada.

Question is: Ontario / Toronto does have similar rule of atleast 6 months stay? and will they charge me back the cost of this delivery?

Regards,
toCA

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toCA said:
I learned from Leon's posting that BC / AB back-charge health care cost if person does not stay atleast 6 months a year in that province (or may be in canada). I am planning to do my first time landing (Toronto) in July, then deliver a baby in Oct (after getting OHIP) and come back to gulf in late Nov. It would be only 5 months stay in Canada.

Question is: Ontario / Toronto does have similar rule of atleast 6 months stay? and will they charge me back the cost of this delivery?
Let me clarify. I only know of one case of such a back-charge (of course it is very possible there were others that I don't know of). This was the case of a woman who posted on this forum. She had arrived in BC as a new PR, did her 3 month waiting period to get health care, had her baby, left BC and went to her home country again after having been in BC for about 5.5 months. After 12 months were up since her landing, BC health contacted her and said that because you are only eligible for BC health if you live in BC for at least 6 months a year, they concluded that she was never eligible in the first place and because of that, they were canceling her health coverage retroactively and she would have to re-pay them. The bill for the birth of the baby was $43,000. She asked about that because you usually hear that self-payers are paying maybe 10-12,000 for the birth of a baby, not more and they said because they are BC health, the hospital bills them differently and this is really what they had to pay on her behalf.

So.. if BC health can do this, any province can do it. Not to say that they all will but if this is your plan, you are taking that risk.

Ontario and every other province in Canada has the same rules for eligibility for health care, that is you must live in the province for at least 6 months a year to be eligible. Ontario has another one which is that you must stay at least 5 months out of the first 6. So if you land and stay for at least 5 months on your first trip and then come back and stay for one more month in your first 12 months since you landed, you should be ok for that first year coverage. If you lose OHIP later, that is another issue but at least if you meet the requirements for the first year, they would not be able to cancel your coverage retroactively.

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Thank you Bro Leon for your insight. I am blessed.

I have another matter-- Based on your advise, We will land in Calgary, do our registration and other stuff. I will allow my wife to stay back with a friend and have the baby while I will come back to resign my job .
After the delivery, say about 3 weeks, my wife will travel to the United States to stay with her sister.
What is the implication of this ?

I am indebted to you for this services your giving me. Immigration lawyers would have charged me exhorbitantly for this counselling.
May God bless you Bro Leon

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejackson said:
I have another matter-- Based on your advise, We will land in Calgary, do our registration and other stuff. I will allow my wife to stay back with a friend and have the baby while I will come back to resign my job .
After the delivery, say about 3 weeks, my wife will travel to the United States to stay with her sister.
What is the implication of this ?
As long as she doesn't leave for more than 6 months, she should be ok. In order to keep her AB health, she needs to be in AB for 183 days a year in each 12 month period. However, I thought her sister lived in Vancouver, not the US? Is this another sister? If the baby is born in AB and also gets an AB health card at birth, AB health will cover both her and the baby while they visit the sister in Vancouver BC. However, if she goes to visit another sister in the US, she will not be covered and should have travel insurance in case of an emergency, illness or accident for herself and the baby.

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Sir Leon,
No doubt, I am blessed. Yes, she has another sister in the United States.

I am also thinking of this- We land in Calgary, do the documentations and the rest. Then she travel to the US to have the baby
What becomes the status of the baby.A permanent resident in Canada having a baby in the US. Can she travel to Canada with the baby from the US?

Thank you so much for this UNIVERSITY OF KNOWLEDGE.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejackson said:
Sir Leon,
No doubt, I am blessed. Yes, she has another sister in the United States.

I am also thinking of this- We land in Calgary, do the documentations and the rest. Then she travel to the US to have the baby
What becomes the status of the baby.A permanent resident in Canada having a baby in the US. Can she travel to Canada with the baby from the US?
Having a baby in the US means a big bill for you to pay. A Canadian health card will not cover her in the US.

The status of the baby born in the US will be a US citizen. She would have to get the birth certificate and passport of the baby in the US and then she could take the baby with her to Canada. The baby would be visa exempt to Canada and may enter as a visitor but your wife or yourself must sponsor it for Canada PR as soon as possible. Sponsorship of a baby through the US would probably take no more than 6-8 months.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,
as per your instructions, you mentioned to fill up PR Card Application (IMM 5444E).
on CIC website, there is not mention of filling up that application when landing.
is it needed?
I was also told by some friends, that the PR will automatically be sent to my address without filing up this application .the officer will fill up the COPR form and give me a copy, and I will receive the PR by mail at a later stage to my address.
can you please clarify the process

Thanks in advance
Guss

Medik

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Dear Qorax,

I will be residing at Leyton avenue, Toronto... Is it a good place? I'll be with a relative. I just want to know more about the area. Thank you in advance...